• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Layer break bug with DVD-5

plato

Hi!
There seems to be a bug in CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5:
While creating an .iso-file of "Pistol Whipped - Deathly Weapon" (with Steven Seagal) CloneDVD2 reports "Layer break successfully removed", although the DVD has one layer (DVD-5).
The AI scanner was set on "automatic".

I tried it with AI scanner "off" and CloneDVD2 did not remove any layer break.

My question:
Will there be any problems with the copy if the image with the removed layer break will be burned? Or is it better to write the image done with AI scanner "off"? Thank you very much :)

AI scanner automatic:

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2294160 sectors (4480 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PISTOL_WHIPPED
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 13 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

AI scanner disabled:

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2294160 sectors (4480 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PISTOL_WHIPPED
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 13 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Last edited:
I experienced a problem somewhat similar once with CloneDVD 2.9.1.5. My personal opinion is that you can safely ignore the message. The backup will be fine.

I experienced a problem somewhat similar once with CloneDVD 2.9.1.5. My personal opinion is that you can safely ignore the message. The backup will be fine.

Thank you very much! :)
Do you think there is a difference between Found & removed invalid cell pieces! and Found & removed error zones between files! ?

Is it possible to inform the Swissboys about the bug?

Do you think there is a difference between Found & removed invalid cell pieces! and Found & removed error zones between files! ?

I can't say for sure what the exact differences are but what I can say from looking at the information from the two different status windows is that it appears the A.I. Scanner is being used on this title. When you had it set to Automatic (Default) it was activated so the status windows would be different when you disabled it.

I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
plato, I need some clarification on which version of AnyDVD you are using. Are you using v6.3.1.7 or v6.3.1.8 beta?

What bug? I don't see a bug here.
AI scanner and conventional de-protection work differently, so the output in the status window differs (and the result may as well, though this will normally have no impact on the viewing experience).
As long as it works, I strongly hesitate to call it a bug.

removal of "invalid cell pieces" and removal of "error zones between files" are completely unrelated things, that also means nothing to the end user - really nothing that you need to bother with.
It's difficult to explain, that's why I'm not even starting.

...but what do I know - I'm not even a "Swissboy" :)

Last edited:
What bug? I don't see a bug here.

Not a bug in AnyDVD but a bug in CloneDVD: Although it was a DVD-5, CloneDVD removed a layer break (when the AI scanner was set on "automatic").
When the AI scanner was "disabled" CloneDVD didn't remove a layer break.

AnyDVD (and AI scanner) do work perfectly fine.

...but what do I know - I'm not even a "Swissboy" :)

:) James used this term...
BTW: I personally think it's better to be an "Antiguaboy" than a "Swissboy". ;)

But what I have forgotten to ask you: did you notice a layer break while watching the copy (you mentioned in your first post)?

In my case, no, I saw no layer break when watching the backed up DVD.

Last edited:
DrinkLyeAndDie, I have forgotten to give you some additional details:
It was the German version, R2, SonyPictures.

(Just give me a sign so I'll know the information has reached you.) ;)

No need. This isn't a bug.

No need. This isn't a bug.

Not a bug in AnyDVD but a bug in CloneDVD: Although it was a DVD-5, CloneDVD claimed to have removed a layer break (when the AI scanner was set on "automatic").

Last edited:
Not a bug in AnyDVD but a bug in CloneDVD: Although it was a DVD-5, CloneDVD claimed to have removed a layer break (when the AI scanner was set on "automatic").

Test it out and see if you see any issues. I didn't when I had my similar issue. I'm assuming the problem here is purely cosmetic.

I'm not sure why peer and James are focusing on the differences in the status window for AnyDVD. The layer break issue is what you are talking about.

No, this is no bug in CloneDVD.

EDIT:
The message is misleading, that's all. What it means: "Removed unnecessary discontinuity flag n-times". You ever wondered why CloneDVD can delete a layer break on a disc 3 times? Now you know. :)
CloneDVD in fact gives a damn about the "real layer break" (which just is a discontinuity flag), and so should you.

Last edited:
Also James & Peer doesn't make CloneDVD2 they simply assist the author on issues.

I certainly am not. ;)

Sorry, James, it just appeared from the quoted text that you were. peer also seemed to address just the status window. :eek: It is confusing.

EDIT:
The message is misleading, that's all. What it means: "Removed unnecessary discontinuity flag n-times". You ever wondered why CloneDVD can delete a layer break on a disc 3 times? No you know. :)
CloneDVD in fact gives a damn about the "real layer break" (which just is a discontinuity flag), and so should you.

Now that was the answer I was looking for. Now we understand why it happens. Yes, I've seen the removal of 3 layer breaks before and always wondered how that was possible. Now I know.

Thank you!! :D

Last edited:
Back