• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Country For Old Men (WS) - Issue

chillie

Will not read with AnyDVD 6.4.0.0 on either WinXP or Vista pc. Logfile attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_NOC0NNW1.zip
    84.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Fine, I rescind my post. Delete it. But stop fooling yourself with why people buy this software. I understand the company might need to keep its hand clean but seriously, if you think everyone is buying and backing up their personal DVD collection, then I have a nice bridge in Kansas to sell you.

I thought where the DVD came from might have some revelance to the issue (perhaps they encode differently when they provide DVD's to large customers)...., next time I'll just lie like everybody else and avoid this type of thread.

No my first mistake was not reading the rules.... so for that I am sorry.

Last edited:
Fine, I rescind my post. Delete it. But stop fooling yourself with why people buy this software. I understand the company might need to keep its hand clean but seriously, if you think everyone is buying and backing up their personal DVD collection, then I have a nice bridge in Kansas to sell you.

I thought where the DVD came from might have some revelance to the issue (perhaps they encode differently when they provide DVD's to large customers)...., next time I'll just lie like everybody else and avoid this type of thread.

No problem, I just deleted some posts, and now back to the topic. ;)
EDIT: And I am indeed grateful if you take the time and effort to bring such problems to my attention, otherwise I wouldn't be able to address problems.

ERROR: Unhandled exception in AIScanner()!!!!

This is ... bad. It looks like a new protection or a bug in AnyDVD. Either way, AnyDVD won't work as it should (as you have noticed).
Do you (or anybody else?) know if the retail version of "no country for old men" (R1, US) has similar problems? If not, it doesn't make much sense for me to order the disc for evaluation.

Last edited:
Bad disc is your issue. Edit your first post and I'll edit my reply. :D

Bad disc is your issue

Charlie, how can you be sure it is a bad disc? Did you see something in the logs that I have overlooked? (Serious question)

EDIT:
The (cough, cough) rental version may indeed be different from the retail version, and this is the first thing we should verify.

After looking closer at you log, I have to agree with Charlie, your disc or drive seems to be bad (in case of a rental, I would assume it is the disc and not the drive):

read sectors failed, sense 3:2:0
tries 9 retry 3279093 to 3279094
tries 8 retry 3279093 to 3279094
tries 7 retry 3279093 to 3279094
tries 6 retry 3279093 to 3279094
tries 5 retry 3279093 to 3279094
tries 4 retry 3279093 to 3279094
tries 3 retry 3279093 to 3279094
tries 2 retry 3279093 to 3279094
tries 1 retry 3279093 to 3279094
tries 0 retry 3279093 to 3279094

Sorry to deliver the sad news.

Stop being all nice and trying to help me! I was a complete jerk like two posts ago! Now you're making me feel like even a bigger donkey.

Seriously, I've sat down, drank three beers quickly and am a completely different person now.

I appreciate the assistance.

It's fine we all have bad days. I wasn't trying to come off as a jerk.

On close inspection the DVD appears to have a slight dimple on it. How's that for KARMA ! I was so looking forward to watching this movie.

I'll go out and get this title but if I remember right this just has CSS? Be back in a few.

Just a little note... Blockbuster changed their terms on March 13 in many places in the USA (some franchise owners may still use their own individual policies).

If you rent, you have a sale price, rental price, and a due date on your receipt.

If you don't return by the due date, you have a five day grace period to return and not have any penalty imposed.

After that, you now have five days to return the title and you will owe blockbuster the sale price for each title that is kept over the five day grace period. You can then use the money you paid to Blockbuster for in store credit only. (Rentals, sales, food, etc.) After that five days (total of ten days past the due date), the titles can no longer be returned; you now own them, and you owe Blockbuster the sale price for each title. If you try putting them in the drop slot, they will mail them back to you, as they now belong to you.

I mention this because it is very conceivable that there could be situations where a person owns a rental version of a movie. Again, the previous policy of most Blockbusters allowed customers to keep a title for as long as 30 days and still return it and only owe Blockbuster a $1.30 restocking fee per title.

Also keep in mind that Blockbuster sells "previously viewed" DVD's at a discount which are their rentals that they are now selling off.

Apparently this isn't just CSS only:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.4.0.0)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01 0822
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1936592 sectors (3782 MBytes)
Total size: 3581578 sectors (6995 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: NOC0NNW1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 9 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Running it through CloneDVD2 as well.

All went well on mine.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_Info_G_NOC0NNW1.zip
    98.2 KB · Views: 1
Smooth

Backed up today with AD 6.4 and CD2 2915, US, R1 full movie just pulled the fluff I don't want with CD2. No problems at all. I would say bad disk on original poster. :rock:

This Guy comes off like a real......................... IDIOT!

No there was allot of deleting and editing for certian reasons that is why it doesn't make allot of sense.

Mine as well no biggie though it is just a post to increase post count that all in all mean nothing.

I guess it's just a matter of different "iterpertations" for different folks. Oh, well, such is life....:)

Back