• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinderella 3 - Dose Not Work

Wig_Splitter

I don't back up all my DVD's but I be sure to backup my movies that I know my kids will destroy.

Anyway,
I throw in my copy of Cinderella 3 and it takes about 2 min just for anyDVD to recognize it. AnyDVD gives me little info. Basically says it's there is a disk in my drive. When I go to open the drive in windows explorer my PC just locks up and requires me to manually reboot.

AnyDVD v6.1.1.1.4

Thanks for the quick response!

It still will not work!

this is what I get.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.0)
_NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG 2.16 04072300
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2010336 sectors (3926 MBytes)
Total size: 3801332 sectors (7424 MBytes)

Thanks for the quick response!

It still will not work!

this is what I get.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.0)
_NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG 2.16 04072300
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2010336 sectors (3926 MBytes)
Total size: 3801332 sectors (7424 MBytes)

There has to be more in the info window than that! :)

:confused: Well that's not good. My recommendation is this:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

You may have found a new protection. If the disc is still having trouble being read with AnyDVD disabled then I'd say you got a bad disc, but, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Try disabling AnyDVD and if you can read the disc normally, then send the IFOs to Slysoft.

Can you see the files on the disc in Windows Explorer?

No I can not.

After trying and trying some more AnyDVD showed the correct information. CloneDVD2 freezes when I tell it to open my DVD drive.

Any Idea's.

I just purchased AnyDVD about 2 weeks ago. How often are there updates? Maybe I'll try to backup my movie after the next update.

No I can not.

After trying and trying some more AnyDVD showed the correct information. CloneDVD2 freezes when I tell it to open my DVD drive.

Any Idea's.

I just purchased AnyDVD about 2 weeks ago. How often are there updates? Maybe I'll try to backup my movie after the next update.

It's not going to randomly get updated. If there's a new protection, James will need the IFO files from your disc to create a new version of AnyDVD to fix the problem. However, if your machine can't read the disc with AnyDVD disabled, like I suggested before, then the original disc could be bad. Others are reporting success in backing this title up, so, it doesn't APPEAR to be a new protection. Are you in region 1?

Sorry If I may sound like a noob here, but how do I know what region I'm in. I live in the US. I can only assume that is region 1.

Indeed you are region 1. And that region has definitely been copied successfully with AnyDVD. So, this appears to be a problem with your system or a problem with your disc.

It's not going to randomly get updated. If there's a new protection, James will need the IFO files from your disc to create a new version of AnyDVD to fix the problem. However, if your machine can't read the disc with AnyDVD disabled, like I suggested before, then the original disc could be bad. Others are reporting success in backing this title up, so, it doesn't APPEAR to be a new protection. Are you in region 1?
I don't nelieve it is a new protection. Either the disc is bad, the drive is bad, or the IDE drivers are broken.

There is something else you can try. From time to time I have to turn off my spam blocker when crusing the net. Once in a while, like when viewing our local paper online, they attacha cookie and a file in your JAVA folder. This little file does create a problem when I forget to clean the cookies completely and the Temp Internet Folder out manually.

It took me a few days to figure it out, exchanging a movie becuase I thought it was a bad disc, but then when I realized, by running my anti spy/virus program, what the real problem was, I have yet not been able to make a completed back up for the kids (you know kids, and dogs jut love the dvd's).

For what its worth, just give it a try and then do a complete power cycle on your computer. It might help.

Cheer's

Wig_Splitter,

Like others have mentioned, it is probably a bad press, or damaged disc. Take it back and get another. Can you play it in your PC, if you can't then take it back?

cinderella 3 can be copied, as i found w/ other titles sometimes you have to use another drive. for example attack force would freeze my samsung dvd rom but read and burned fine in my pioneer burner. it all depends on how sensitive the lens is.

Thanks for everyone's support.

I returned my DVD to Target. Good thing I know people there. Otherwise I don't think they would have returned it.

I'm baffled that I had a bad disk. Everything is good now. My daughter can watch and destroy her movie now.:)

Back