• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I am Legend Choppy playback from folder

Have you tried newer builds of PowerDVD? Some newer titles don't play well with older versions because of Profile 1.1 and other bugs.

They play from iso, just make an iso from your files and mount it.
Since bd+ cracked you can use newer powerdvd now.

yeah, but that's something you'll have to live with. 3319a doesn't play well with some newer movies anyway. This might or might not be the case with I am legend though, but it's possible. In any case, you can just play from ISO, not much difference there.

Plays perfectly from a folder for me, have you checked CPU usage?

I have been using 3319a for long time and the only movie I have problem is Hitman BD+ and peer is working on that. To answer your question, I used the latest AnyDVD 6.4 "back up movie in HDD" function and I have no problem using 3319a play this BD title.

I am not sure what it was but I uninstalled and reinstalled Power dvd and BOOM! Perfect.

FYI, for those of us using mymovies. ISO mounting is not really an option. Unless someone knows differently........

I am not sure what it was but I uninstalled and reinstalled Power dvd and BOOM! Perfect.

FYI, for those of us using mymovies. ISO mounting is not really an option. Unless someone knows differently........

Glad it work out now. Btw, I only use My Movies for my DVD and when I play BD, I will minimize MCE, launched PDVD and play the movie I want. I have not update My Movies for a while. About 6 months ago, they still can't launch menu instead they go straight to play the BD movie. Is it still the same case today?

Glad it work out now. Btw, I only use My Movies for my DVD and when I play BD, I will minimize MCE, launched PDVD and play the movie I want. I have not update My Movies for a while. About 6 months ago, they still can't launch menu instead they go straight to play the BD movie. Is it still the same case today?

Yes, it is still the same with the latest version. That actually might be part of the problem with my playback........

Scratch that. Just tried it and That IS the problem. Thank you for putting that in my head. Something about mymovies starting the movie from the main title instaed of the menu is causing the choppy playback. When I go straight into the folder from PDVD it plays just fine.

Any ideas as to why?

One thing that can be nice about mymovies starting from the main title is movies like 3:10 to yuma that do not support a mouse without the latest version of PDVD (wich does not support playback from the HDD) So the menu does not respond.
So the only way I can watch the movie is through mymovies because it goes straight to the main title.

I completely disagree with that. You can use the playmee plugin and it mounts your iso then plays the movie through what ever player you want, then unmounts your iso.

I completely disagree with that. You can use the playmee plugin and it mounts your iso then plays the movie through what ever player you want, then unmounts your iso.

Thanks for the response.

I took a quick look at that and I am not sure playmee will work. MyMovies is not a player. It is a media management/Library management add-on for MCE. When you play a BD from MyMovies it directs PowerDVD to open the folder where the movie is stored. It looks like with Playmee you would still need to mount and unmount the drive which ruins the one-click play functionality of mymovies. Correct me if I am wrong

MyMovies Does Handle ISOs

If you open up the MyMovies library management application, you can set it to use Daemon Tools to process ISOs. Then when you click on a title in the Media Center MyMovies menu, it will mount the ISO using Daemon tools (Daemaon tools needs to be active of course). The autostart function in XP/Vista will take over from there and open up PowerDVD and play the ISO. When you close PowerDVD and maximize media center, the ISO will be unmounted.

Let me know if you need more specifics and i can attach some screenies.

If you open up the MyMovies library management application, you can set it to use Daemon Tools to process ISOs. Then when you click on a title in the Media Center MyMovies menu, it will mount the ISO using Daemon tools (Daemaon tools needs to be active of course). The autostart function in XP/Vista will take over from there and open up PowerDVD and play the ISO. When you close PowerDVD and maximize media center, the ISO will be unmounted.

This is interesting and I heard a lot of this mount/unmount and imgburn/Daemon lite a lot.

As I stated in this thread before, I use MCE/My Movies to play DVD and when the time to play BD, I will minimize MCE/My Movies and open up PDVD 3319a and choose the folder of the BD I want to play and hit "Play". In this case, I can play around the menu and set up if need.

I used AnyDVD to back up all my DVD & BD movies to my HDD folders. I have about 300+ DVD and about 50 BD movies, so far only 1 Hitman I can't play but I used imgburn convert back to iso and ready to do it again when AnyDVD capable Hitman BD+ in the near future.

My questions are why do you need to do it your way versus my way? Did I miss anything? Is it better to do it your way? For example, files will be smaller or the quality will be better? Please educate me.

Many thanks in advance,

Last edited:

Wow that is good to hear. Thanks.

So, does mymovies still start the movie or goto menu?

This is interesting and I heard a lot of this mount/unmount and imgburn/Daemon lite a lot.

As I stated in this thread before, I use MCE/My Movies to play DVD and when the time to play BD, I will minimize MCE/My Movies and open up PDVD 3319a and choose the folder of the BD I want to play and hit "Play". In this case, I can play around the menu and set up if need.

I used AnyDVD to back up all my DVD & BD movies to my HDD folders. I have about 300+ DVD and about 50 BD movies, so far only 1 Hitman I can't play but I used imgburn convert back to iso and ready to do it again when AnyDVD capable Hitman BD+ in the near future.

My questions are why do you need to do it your way versus my way? Did I miss anything? Is it better to do it your way? For example, files will be smaller or the quality will be better? Please educate me.

Many thanks in advance,

It's not that my way is better than yours, so I apologize if you got that impression. Basically, if you want to use the latest version of PowerDVD which is becoming more necessary with profile 1.1, then ISOs are the way to go. Also, the newest version of MyMovies relies on using ISO for high definition media. I think he added back in the choice to use the folders, but is encouraging everyone to use ISO as opposed to playing from folder.

It's not that my way is better than yours, so I apologize if you got that impression. Basically, if you want to use the latest version of PowerDVD which is becoming more necessary with profile 1.1, then ISOs are the way to go. Also, the newest version of MyMovies relies on using ISO for high definition media. I think he added back in the choice to use the folders, but is encouraging everyone to use ISO as opposed to playing from folder.

So what program is your favorite for creating isos?

Just throwing in my .02 cents. I prefer Ultra ISO as my ISO program of choice. It's not free like some of the others.

So what program is your favorite for creating isos?
CloneCD - too bad they still haven't updated it to create an ISO automatically, but it only takes a couple of extra steps to change from the default .dvd to an image file. Works fine on BD+ titles as well with AnyDVD 6.4.0.0 (thanks Slysoft!)

Back