• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why won't AnyDVD HD remove forced advertisements at beginning of blu-ray movies?

mkanet

Why won't AnyDVD-HD remove forced advertisements at beginning of blu-ray movies?

I have enabled this feature. I have tried both skipping directly to movie and to skip to title menu. Both features don't seem to work. If I try to jump to title menu in PowerDVD, it said Prohibited.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I have only tried this on one movie: Resident Evil: Extinction.

I think they once said it isn't that easy with BD than it is with DVD and HD DVD.

Why won't AnyDVD-HD remove forced advertisements at beginning of blu-ray movies?

I have enabled this feature. I have tried both skipping directly to movie and to skip to title menu. Both features don't seem to work. If I try to jump to title menu in PowerDVD, it said Prohibited.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I have only tried this on one movie: Resident Evil: Extinction.

I just keep hitting next chapter ">|" to skip over them quickly.

Ohh... okay. Thanks for the quick response. So, its a known issue; and, I shouldn't expect it to work with blu-ray movies... Thanks.

It works some of the time. I have the PowerDVD remote and I can often get to the main menu with AnyDVD running, but, it really depends on the title.

It works some of the time. I have the PowerDVD remote and I can often get to the main menu with AnyDVD running, but, it really depends on the title.
Which, BTW, is IMHO a bug in PowerDVD. AnyDVD doesn't offer this feature for Blu-ray discs... yet.
With the format war over, and BD being the winner, we will certainly concentrate on such features for Blu.

Which, BTW, is IMHO a bug in PowerDVD. AnyDVD doesn't offer this feature for Blu-ray discs... yet.
With the format war over, and BD being the winner, we will certainly concentrate on such features for Blu.

Since you removed BD+ then allowing to skip to the menu must be very simple in comparison :)

Since you removed BD+ then allowing to skip to the menu must be very simple in comparison :)
For "simple" Blu-ray discs - piece of cake. For Java titles it can be quite challenging.

I think it has to do with having the protection (AACS) removed. I think PowerDVD gets confused on the restrictions at times. Like I said, though, it doesn't work all the time. All I can say is to try. If it doesn't work, next chapter is your friend. :) I'd love to see you guys find a good solution for this issue at some point though.

Back