• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip Blu-ray, burn normal DVD?

Lunarpancake

I am looking to start buying blu-ray dvd's but am not ready to buy the PS3 or stand-alone player as of yet.

Till I buy the player is there any way I can rip the blu-ray to PC then burn to a standard DVD?

yea I was wondering about that. So the is no way to convert a process down to 480p. If I want to watch on reg dvd I have to but a reg dvd. oh well

I haven't tried this, but you might be able to capture the composite/S-video output from your video card and create a DVD from the captured file.

It should work but don't expect the video and audio quality to be that great.

yea I was wondering about that. So the is no way to convert a process down to 480p. If I want to watch on reg dvd I have to but a reg dvd. oh well

If you convert to 480p you lose all quality.
What's the point of HD then.

remember you are also converting from what ever the format is to mpeg2 as well and not all bd's contain mpeg2 video. As said what's the point your best bet is rip to the hard drive then play from that.

If you convert to 480p you lose all quality.
What's the point of HD then.

Not everyone has BR players connected to every TV in the house (in fact I'd bet that virtually no one does with the current BR player prices), but many likely have multiple DVD players, portable players, car players, etc. The ability to rip BR to standard DVD would allow you to buy the BR version and play the movie on other TVs without having to buy the S DVD version as well.

Last edited:
Back