• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Microsoft error - AnyDVD won't start

When I try to open AnyDVD I get the Microsoft error box::doh:

"AnyDVD.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

"If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost."

"Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous."

"To see what data this error report contains, click here."

"DEBUG SEND ERROR REPORT DON'T SEND
"

Everything is up-to-date and was working fine yesterday. Now all of a sudden today, this. I have re-downloaded and installed AnyDVD, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Any DVD, same result. I have Windows XP Home Edition, and have never run into this problem before.:(

Nothing has changed on my computer since the last time AnyDVD worked, i.e. no new software downloaded, etc.:confused:

Last edited:
I would back my current version to the last known working version that you have used and see if you get any joy.

I would back my current version to the last known working version that you have used and see if you get any joy.

:disagree:
It is Version 6.1.1.4 - the latest version available. It is the same one I have been using and was working fine until today, even though nothing else about my system is different.

That's not the latest version.

Use this please: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1279

Okay, thank you, I will try that. I am sorry, I had read the thread you are referring to before I posted my thread, but I didn't realize that was an "update", I thought it was an optional update for people who wanted to include the HD feature.

Thank you!

(But by the way, on Slysoft's download page, why is the latest version shown as being 6.1.1.4?)

Okay, thank you, I will try that. I am sorry, I had read the thread you are referring to before I posted my thread, but I didn't realize that was an "update", I thought it was an optional update for people who wanted to include the HD feature.

It's a beta release update that fixes an issue with sony puke protection at the end of discs.

Thank you!

(But by the way, on Slysoft's download page, why is the latest version shown as being 6.1.1.4?)

Okay, I just downloaded and installed the 6.1.2.0, restarted my computer as directed and I am still getting the same error message. I have verified that it is the 6.1.2.0 that is trying to open.

HHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks.

Okay, I just downloaded and installed the 6.1.2.0, restarted my computer as directed and I am still getting the same error message. I have verified that it is the 6.1.2.0 that is trying to open.

HHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks.

It's possible you've found a new protection. I would do the following "just in case" while waiting for other responses.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

Edit: My mistake. I didn't see that AnyDVD was crashing. UGH. Not good.

Wait a minute...hold on. You said nothing was updated, but, MS released 12 freaking updates for XP yesterday. Any chance you have auto updates turned on? It's POSSIBLE one of them is causing this issue...just a thought, anyway.

UGGGHHH!! I figured out the problem... I'm an idiot..

I discovered my boyfriend had left in the computer drive a DVD that he had recorded onto from our TV / DVD Recorder. Apparently when I was trying to open AnyDVD it was trying to read that DVD in the drive and couldn't or whatever, so it was erroring out / crashing. But I took that DVD out and put another one in and everything is perfect again.

Sorry to waste your time, thanks for all of your help!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(Should I "close" this thread now that it has been resolved? Can you "close" a thread?)

Yikes, AnyDVD shouldn't be doing that. Nonetheless I'm glad you got it figured out. I'd leave this thread as a reference for possible solution if anyone else ever encounters something like this.

Wait a minute...hold on. You said nothing was updated, but, MS released 12 freaking updates for XP yesterday. Any chance you have auto updates turned on? It's POSSIBLE one of them is causing this issue...just a thought, anyway.
I have Automatic Updates turned on but they only download automatically, they don't install until I prompt them to. But yes, I had already installed those updates yesterday, then today when AnyDVD started having problems I uninstalled the updates through Add/Remove programs to see if that would correct the problem and it didn't. Thanks for your help though - that was one of my suspicions too at first, that Microsoft was sabotaging the use of AnyDVD.

I have Automatic Updates turned on but they only download automatically, they don't install until I prompt them to. But yes, I had already installed those updates yesterday, then today when AnyDVD started having problems I uninstalled the updates through Add/Remove programs to see if that would correct the problem and it didn't. Thanks for your help though - that was one of my suspicions too at first, that Microsoft was sabotaging the use of AnyDVD.

Well, I wasn't thinking necessarily that they intentionally screwed up AnyDVD, but, they've been known to introduce as many if not more problems with their updates than they solve. :) Nonetheless, I'm quite glad you got it figured out. Very frustrating I'm sure!

Well, I wasn't thinking necessarily that they intentionally screwed up AnyDVD, but, they've been known to introduce as many if not more problems with their updates than they solve. :) Nonetheless, I'm quite glad you got it figured out. Very frustrating I'm sure!
When I first got my new computer with XP installed and was still learning the differences from Win98, I was trying to update Windows Media Player to the newest version from the Microsoft website and I can't remember what decrytping/burning software I had on my computer at the time but a Microsoft message came up telling me that it would not update Windows Media Player because they detected illegal DVD copying software on my computer and that I would have to remove it before proceeding with any updates.

(mouth agape) Yeah, I know!

They always say things like "we are not gathering any personal information about your computer" blah blah blah, but I've been suspicious ever since.

The truth is out there somewhere........ (ha ha - joking)

When I first got my new computer with XP installed and was still learning the differences from Win98, I was trying to update Windows Media Player to the newest version from the Microsoft website and I can't remember what decrytping/burning software I had on my computer at the time but a Microsoft message came up telling me that it would not update Windows Media Player because they detected illegal DVD copying software on my computer and that I would have to remove it before proceeding with any updates.

(mouth agape) Yeah, I know!

They always say things like "we are not gathering any personal information about your computer" blah blah blah, but I've been suspicious ever since.

The truth is out there somewhere........ (ha ha - joking)

ROFLMAO! That's odd. I've never seen anything like that in all my years of using Windows. I'm a software developer so if they ever did something stupid like that I'd go hunting for whatever caused it and kill it. :) That'd really annoy the hell out of me. My advice to you, give you experiences, stay WAY away from Vista. :D I've been using the final version since November and I love it, but, it's got its share of issues...

Back