• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is the best software

bobe

Hi Everyone.
I am using one click DVD copy version 5 along with Any DVD. I have had no real problems at the moment.
Would I benefit by changing to Clone DVD as I understand that it works very well with Any DVD.
I know with one click you have to renew your registration every year by paying a new subscription.
Thank you.
Regards.

CloneDVD is by far better that 1 Click. There is free trial available give it a try if you like it buy it. ;)

Bobe -

The AnyDVD-CloneDVD software program combination works flawlessly.

I believe you will find the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software program combination is faster and easer to use that the AnyDVD/1Click DVD Copy software combination.

Coaster.

I use Apollo DVD Copy. Not sure if it's wrong to say that here, but it works great and is very fast. Usually 30-40 minutes from start to finish.

DVDs from my stored file types

Does anyone know of the best freeware available to create DVDs from my videos stored on my computer, such as WMV, AVI, MPEG, FLV, etc.?

I use 1 Click 5, 1 Click Pro and Video Vault for any tough ones with only AnyDVD. I recently have tried CloneDVD and it worked great, but 1-Click and AnyDVD I copy and burn a DVD in 13 to 16 minutes. I have copied every DVD I ever tried which is about 300. I never timed CloneDVD is it faster than what I am getting?

Suggestion welcome!

Last edited:
My best bet would be the combination of the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2; both available for download at the 'Slysoft.com' web site.....

Freeware for crafting your own DVDs

Does anyone know of the best freeware available to create DVDs from my videos stored on my computer, such as WMV, AVI, MPEG, FLV, etc.?

Well, on Linux I use DeeVeeDee for smallish projects (just getting the video onto disc) and QDVDWizard for authoring fancier DVDs where you want minute control over button placement, audio streaming, video cropping, etc. DeeVeeDee is great for whipping out quick compilations from a variety of sources. Does DVD and VCD.

Don't you have Nero or Roxio normal CD and DVD burning prgrams? My next suggestion would be try some of the trial software most give you 30 days. I recommend not looking for free software, you get what you pay for. Been there!

Freeware

I recommend not looking for free software, you get what you pay for. Been there!

On Windows. Been there, done that, got the dirty T-shirt.

FOSS is a whole other ballgame.

Another question I would ask is how much did you pay for Roxio et al? If it came with the burner/system, I would say this is getting pretty close to a definition of freeware to me...

Full Screen & Widescreen

Does anyone know how to copy a DVD that is using both Widescreen and Full screen that they are starting to use on some of the new DVDs without coping the whole DVD? If I do a normal copy (movie only) I end up with Widecreen but I want Full screen. :doh:

On Windows. Been there, done that, got the dirty T-shirt.

FOSS is a whole other ballgame.

Another question I would ask is how much did you pay for Roxio et al? If it came with the burner/system, I would say this is getting pretty close to a definition of freeware to me...

You are right Roxio 7 came with my Plextor 760A and Nero Express came with my Pioneer. However, they are both fully functional, but I ended up buying the full version of Nero. But, if look at the prices of the burners you pay for the software someway or another. You are more than welcome to try freeware, I just did not have any luck. :)

Hi Everyone.
I am using one click DVD copy version 5 along with Any DVD. I have had no real problems at the moment.
Would I benefit by changing to Clone DVD as I understand that it works very well with Any DVD.
I know with one click you have to renew your registration every year by paying a new subscription.
Thank you.
Regards.

I mostly use AnyDVD with Nero to perform a full quality copy on DL DVDs. I also own CloneDVD2 and plan to start using it if and when Nero fails. Anyway, with CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD providing lifetime upgrades there is no reason not to purchase both especially since it is only $68 US.

Have tried virutally all software including Mac only apps. SlySoft produces the most trouble free discs. I no longer make coasters. Could be better defined or
more in depth instructions, but for usage it's the best I've seen!
The free trial proves how well it works and there are not limitations or watermarks on the trial useage.

It's nothing you haven't already been told, but I'd recommend AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 together as well.

any dvd + clone dvd

I have used the combo any dvd and clone dvd for about four years and made r over 1,000 copies. Backups of original dvds and copies of copies. The only failures I have had have been due to faulty or poor quality media. Frankly I only use Taiyo Yuden as the are almost infallible.:disagree: :disagree:

Does anyone know how to copy a DVD that is using both Widescreen and Full screen that they are starting to use on some of the new DVDs without coping the whole DVD? If I do a normal copy (movie only) I end up with Widecreen but I want Full screen. :doh:
I use VobBlanker (free program @ http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/) to edit out material, which could include Widescreen or FullScreen. I also take out all warnings and any documentary, and sometimes previews, attempting to get the data to fit on a 4.3GB single-sided disc, or at least so there is less encoding to be done, which I use Nero's Recode2 for that.

To be able to use VobBlanker you would have to use DVD Decrypter in "File Mode" or something like it to get it copied to your HDD.

Good luck.

Back