• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ID4 and FF2 region code error

pjouy

Translator (fr)
Hi,

I try to read Independence Day and Fantastic Four 2 (bought in France) and I ALWAYS get the wrong region code from Fox, whatever I do in AnyDVD:
- Disable region removal (PDVD is in region A)
- Automatic region change
- Force Region A
- Force Region B

Why? Because AnyDVD "thinks" it is a region-free BD, while in fact it is a region B. Can you fix it please? I'm running the latest version of AnyDVD (.1.8 )

Log files attached. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_FANTASTIC4_2.zip
    23 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_Info_G_ID4_F2.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The reason is BD+.
You have to disable region removal completely for now.

I have already tried this, and it does not work (which is logical because the disc is region B and PowerDVD is region A)...

Any other idea? Can Slysoft fix this?

Thanks SamuriHL, I already thought about that, but if I change the region code everytime AnyDVD is doing a bad guess on a BD, PDVD will quickly lock me for the region change !

On another side, something let me say that James has now fully cracked the BD+ protection, and that we will see this in the next release of AnyDVD HD!

Thanks SamuriHL, I already thought about that, but if I change the region code everytime AnyDVD is doing a bad guess on a BD, PDVD will quickly lock me for the region change !

On another side, something let me say that James has now fully cracked the BD+ protection, and that we will see this in the next release of AnyDVD HD!

Where are you getting the info from that James has fully cracked BD+?

The reason is BD+.

The fact that AnyDVD does not remove region code from some titles has absolutely nothing to do with BD+.

These titles check region code by BD-J script, which is Java code, located in .jar files in BDMV\JAR folder. And for new titles this script just does not fit the pattern for such script which AnyDVD supports.

if I change the region code everytime AnyDVD is doing a bad guess on a BD, PDVD will quickly lock me for the region change!

Don't worry! In fact, you can easily reset the Blu-ray region counter in PowerDVD, as well as in other programs. You can search this forum or Google on how to do that.

The fact that AnyDVD does not remove region code from some titles has absolutely nothing to do with BD+.

These titles check region code by BD-J script, which is Java code, located in .jar files in BDMV\JAR folder. And for new titles this script just does not fit the pattern for such script which AnyDVD supports.

Precisely ;)

I just didn't find the time yet to make the necessary adjustments - I'll try to add an improved region code removal in one of the next releases....

I knew there were additional region checks in the Java portion of BD.
It justs worries me that I have to change the region of PDVD, and to manualy reset it each time it reaches 0, until the day where it won't be possible anymore!

For Adbear: this should legitimate my thinks ;)
Moreover, few weeks ago, James said that 95% of the BD+ crack code was done, AND no new (even beta) version of our favorite software was released in few weeks...

So, peer, may I hope that this will be fixed soon?

There was an update released 6 days ago on the forum and it doesn't circumvent BD+ or make any statement that it's imminent.

Just read the posts over on Doom9, I'll wait to see if 6.1.2.0 does do BD+ but I'm not holding out much hope. Will be nice if it does, maybe then I can finally play Hitman from the harddrive

Last edited:
Hehe, I was right! ;)
I took the screenshot from 6.3.2.0 build...

peer or James, I hope you hear me and that you will be able to work on this Java region check soon!
And... did I say you are amazing guys?!? :rock:

The trick for disabling brs.exe and deleting brf.dat for 3730 doesn't seem to work here as I don't even have a brf.dat file! I'm on Vista. Anyone with same problem? It means every time I want to watch FF2 Region B I have to change PDVD to B, and after I've finished change it back to A. Not a biggie as I've already watched the movie once, but when I buy ID4 Region B there will be the same problem.

The trick for disabling brs.exe and deleting brf.dat for 3730 doesn't seem to work here as I don't even have a brf.dat file! I'm on Vista.

You should find it here

C:/ProgramData/CyberLink/BDNAV/BRF.dat

I'm using 3730 on Vista and it works everytime here :)

Back