• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD not reading until disc ejected...help

cj062373

Hi,
Last week anydvd worked fine. When i insert a disc, the drive makes a loud noise but apparently doesnt read the disc. It tells me drive is is not enabled although it is checked. However, when i click the eject button and the movie pops out, then anydvd pops up the disc information??? Can someone tell me whats going on?

Thanks,
Cindy

I think its a problem with ANYDVD. The drive is only 3 months old. It is an Hp1040. If i put in a disc that i have already burned, even dvd shrink will read it and copy it. Its just the newest version of anydvd that wont read.The error i also keep getting is anydvd failed to read ...says it could be dirty, damaged or needs a region code assigned. I have it checked to be region free. The 2 discs i bought are brand new. They are I am Legend and Atonement. Anyone else have any ideas?

This is off from my site and thought I'd share it here as well.

First download then install and open Imgburn. Then Click tools then filter drive load order :

64367041kn0.png

Here is a screen shot of my filters installed.

20439191gm1.png

Now select copy to clipboard this is a temp storage and in your reply you would right click on the white boxed area and select paste this will allow you to post your filters on your system. Doing this would help us assist you on burning problems.

32180881sn0.png

Now if told so you need to highlight the filter that you were told to remove and then hit the remove filter button so it will delete it off your system.

93960163gl8.png

Side note all my filters are fine and none were deleted the screen shots are for an example only and not meant to say remove that filter. Removing the wrong filter can render you computer inoperable. So when asked listen to us and select the right one when told to do so. There is no easier way to do this than what I provided. We hope that users will see these threads and learn from it as well.

Hi,
Last week anydvd worked fine. When i insert a disc, the drive makes a loud noise but apparently doesnt read the disc. It tells me drive is is not enabled although it is checked. However, when i click the eject button and the movie pops out, then anydvd pops up the disc information??? Can someone tell me whats going on?

Thanks,
Cindy

Sounds like a bad DVDRW...regardless of it's age.

Hi,
Last week anydvd worked fine.

Cindy, I assure you AnyDVD is still working fine this week. For those (rare) titles that AnyDVD has a problem with, you'll see this board pile up with post upon post etc etc.

I just did Legend this morning - routine. There might be a conflict between AnyDVD and other software on your machine - but most of those issues are well documented and easy to fix.

-W

I have had a problem with some newer discs this way. I exit Any DVD, insert disc . Have autorun disabled, or hold control key down while inserting disc to keep any auto ini's from running! When the drive lights go out, restart Any DVD. I do not know why but sometimes this works.

I really can't give a definitive answer on this.

As Charlie showed with the screenshots of ImgBurn it would help to see the Upper & Lower Filters.

One thing I will note is that I've had discs before that had a problem being read and if I happened to hit eject while the disc was endlessly scanning the status window would pop up showing info about the disc even though I had just ejected it. In my case the discs were flawed when manufactured to begin with or scratched/dirty. It's possible that the disc is flawed, the drive is just having issues reading this disc, or that something else is causing a problem and the disc is still being processed when it's ejected which aborts the scanning but can display disc information which may, in fact, be incorrect since the scan didn't finish.

Last edited:
Help any dvd not working

When i put a disc in the drive (drive F)...and click on any dvd...the disc automatically just makes a bunch of noise...if i disable anydvd, the computer reads the disc. Also, when i enable anydvd this is what i get:( AnyDVD is disabled for Drive F:!
HP DVD WRITER 1040D EH24 2007/04/04)

Even when i click enable drive F...it doesnt work...someone told me that i need to update my hp firmware...but i cant find an update for a 1040 anywhere and why would anydvd not work until i eject the disc? Any help appreciated

Thanks,
Cindy

sending the filters charlie requested...or trying to

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.1.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
File Version: 2.0.6.1
File Description: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
Product Name: GEAR.wrks
Product Version: 8.xx [2.0.6.1]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (c) GEAR Software Inc. 2006

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.4.0.4
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.4.0.4
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2008 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

yep i rebooted.....just sent the filters you said to send to see if this helps. My Os is XP....I have another computer with Vista...just hooked it up. Loaded my Anydvd and clone dvd and they backed up the movies There will be blood, and Lions for Lambs just fine. Played them both in the dvd player. Heard lots of problems with vista not compatable with lots of programs, so tried to copy the copied movies using clone dvd and then tried shrink. Both movies failed at 30 percent and said sector read error. Really weird. So im sure anydvd isnt my problem on my system with xp. It must be something else. Im still tryin to make a backup of the copied movies with vista but none of the programs work there, soooo lol....i tried to copy the copied movie on the computer with xp and sure enough anydvd pops up and says the disc is not encrypted but fails about halfway through these discs as well with same error ....ts sector read error. Now im totally clueless and wondering if its worth the time to back up the movies at all.....or have the kids just not touch the original copies.

Thanks
Cindy

Thanks,
Cindy

From point 4 on follow the steps in the order that they are listed.

1. The drive in your XP sounds as though it's dead. Try a new one.

2. Use the original discs to make your backups. Don't use your backups to make backups (this introduces the possibility of trying to copy bad burns or burned copies that are dying over time).

3. Don't use junk blank media. Use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline). Don't use Memorex, generic Maxell that you can find everywhere (Maxell Broadcast Quality is excellent, however), Princo, TDK from Costco, Ritek, etc. If you use junk blank media, you should expect problems.

4. Use Anydvd 6.4.0.7 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6407.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

5. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

6. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

7. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe

8. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

9. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

Back