• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

6319 is not intended for public use

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't use it. It's not been posted here. For all you know it contains bugs which is why it hasn't been released.

Yep. If James doesn't release something publically, then he obviously has a good reason for not doing so. Use that beta at your own risk.

I wouldn't use it. It's not been posted here. For all you know it contains bugs which is why it hasn't been released.

Inherently, betas are very likely to contain bugs. Betas that don't have bugs are called stable releases ;)

Yep. If James doesn't release something publically, then he obviously has a good reason for not doing so. Use that beta at your own risk.

All betas (and stable releases, for that matter) are used on the condition (yes, that small print that no one reads) that you use them at your own risk. I guess there's no harm in asking why no info on that beta. As they say, you don't ask you don't get...

All betas (and stable releases, for that matter) are used on the condition

The betas that James releases publically, on average, tend to be very stable. He feels they are safe enough to release publically without causing a lot of problems.

This one was not released officially by James, so you take a far greater risk by using it. If he's not releasing the beta publically, then people should consider 6319 more of an alpha release. Use 6319 at your own risk!!

Last edited:
No, betas published here usually have same or almost same quality as releases:

Then, technically speaking, if it's release quality then it should have been tagged "RC" and not "beta". Those are quite different fundamental stages of software development life cycle ;)

Then, technically speaking, if it's release quality then it should have been tagged "RC" and not "beta". Those are quite different fundamental stages of software development life cycle ;)

There is a very big difference between private release and public release of a beta. If James didn't release that version for public release, there is probably a reason. It's really as simple as that.

There is a very big difference between private release and public release of a beta. If James didn't release that version for public release, there is probably a reason. It's really as simple as that.

There's no doubt about it. What reason might that be? Also, I personally don't think it's quite right to call a release a beta and saying it's "release quality" in the same sentence, so to speak. It's either a beta or a RC :agree:

Blah blah blah...

If James really wanted the private beta available for public consumption then he would have released it to the public. He didn't.

There's no doubt about it. What reason might that be? Also, I personally don't think it's quite right to call a release a beta and saying it's "release quality" in the same sentence, so to speak. It's either a beta or a RC :agree:

I'm not going to quibble over what to call it. Neither I nor you are the developer. Your opinion has been noted by me, but, that means nothing. :) If they choose to call it a beta, they choose to call it a beta. What reason might that be? As I said, it probably has serious bugs. I wouldn't use it until someone from Slysoft posts it here.

I'm not going to quibble over what to call it. Neither I nor you are the developer. Your opinion has been noted by me, but, that means nothing. :) If they choose to call it a beta, they choose to call it a beta. What reason might that be? As I said, it probably has serious bugs. I wouldn't use it until someone from Slysoft posts it here.

Sure, peace, no big deal. They run the show. I'll be testing the .8 beta later on, but will take your advice and not take the .9 baby for a spin just yet ;)

Why would we launch a beta (public or closed) that has known bugs?
Anything that has bugs we know of will never leave the lab.

That beta was a closed beta, because we didn't want it to go public, period. Reasons for that differ.
So whoever uses that beta outside of the closed area does it without our blessing. Whoever chooses to do so anyway - well, what am I going to do about it?

Why would we launch a beta (public or closed) that has known bugs?
Anything that has bugs we know of will never leave the lab.

That beta was a closed beta, because we didn't want it to go public, period. Reasons for that differ.
So whoever uses that beta outside of the closed area does it without our blessing. Whoever chooses to do so anyway - well, what am I going to do about it?

Point well taken. :)

It is a legitimate release because the link is from Slysoft. See the thread about 6.3.1.8 for more details ;)

Again this is a private beta and there are still allot of bugs in it if you want official support I recommend version 6.3.1.8.

This beta was not released publically, and it does contain a bug!

Use this beta at your own risk. We will not be supporting it here.

Thread closed. :policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back