• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Alcohol 120% Tell Me About It

jreffner

Hello,

Can Alcohol 120% do anything that CloneCD can't? Is it a 1:1 copier, or is it a non-bloated Nero?

I have CloneCD already and am wondering if there is any point in owning it.

Many thanks,

Jim

I don't use CloneCD but I have used Alcohol 120% in the past to make backup copies of games but never for anything else. I can tell you that it is NOT bloated software.

Can Alcohol 120% do anything that CloneCD can't?

Well, I think Alcohol offers Blu-ray support and also offers emulation with respect to its virtual drives. Its virtual drives are based on Daemon Tools.

GameJackal does provide emulation and offers smaller images/profiles. Clonecd does not offer virtual drives nor emulation.

Is it a 1:1 copier

Yes, although I was told Alcohol will not retain the original layer break (with double layer, commercial dvd movies) position when Anydvd is running in the background when using dvd +R DL discs. I don't really understand why that should be the case (but that's what I was told). Clonecd does retain the original layer break position.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thanks! I'll stick with CloneCD and Game Jackal with the addition of Virtual Clone Drive when it supports 64-Bit Vista.

Many thanks for this information!

Hello,

Can Alcohol 120% do anything that CloneCD can't? Is it a 1:1 copier, or is it a non-bloated Nero?

I have CloneCD already and am wondering if there is any point in owning it.

Many thanks,

Jim

Clone cd is blacklisted by safedisc 2.9 and other versions where Alcohol isn't. Also Alcohol know allows to drag files and folder from harddrive to dvd or cd. using udf file system.

Well, I think Alcohol offers Blu-ray support and also offers emulation with respect to its virtual drives. Its virtual drives are based on Daemon Tools.

GameJackal does provide emulation and offers smaller images/profiles. Clonecd does not offer virtual drives nor emulation.

Yes, although I was told Alcohol will not retain the original layer break (with double layer, commercial dvd movies) position when Anydvd is running in the background when using dvd +R DL discs. I don't really understand why that should be the case (but that's what I was told). Clonecd does retain the original layer break position.

Webslinger it can also read encrypted DVD,bluray and hd-dvd!!.no i am not kidding i made it read without anddvd or anyother decrypter.

It may read them but it won't copy them correctly providing they have copy-protection.

Webslinger it can also read encrypted DVD

Not properly it doesn't without Anydvd

A popup warning message appears:

"This DVD disc is a copy protected disc!!! It is currently not possible to dump a protected disc with this software. You could get errors during the dumping process.

Do you want to continue dumping? Yes/No"

Back