• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD won't play

Roundtree

Greetings,

I recently purchased a new copie of the movie The Score with Robert de Niro. The dvd will not play on my pc. I don't presently have a stand alone dvd player so for me its a real problem. It does play well on a friends stand alone dvd player which is the only reason that I have not returned it to the store.

I have two DVD-Roms on my pc and neither will play this movie correctly. Its the only dvd with which I am experiencing this problem.

Has anyone ever experienced this or has anyone a helpful idea or suggestion?

I sure would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks.

Greetings,

I recently purchased a new copie of the movie The Score with Robert de Niro. The dvd will not play on my pc. I don't presently have a stand alone dvd player so for me its a real problem. It does play well on a friends stand alone dvd player which is the only reason that I have not returned it to the store.

I have two DVD-Roms on my pc and neither will play this movie correctly. Its the only dvd with which I am experiencing this problem.

Has anyone ever experienced this or has anyone a helpful idea or suggestion?

I sure would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks.

So, you are saying that this disc simply will not play on your PC in either of the two DVD-ROM drives? Is the disc recognized at all? Have you tried viewing the disc with AnyDVD enabled and then also with it disabled and if so does anything change?

Much appreciation for that helpful tip!! I disabled AnyDVD and the dvd movie The Score began to play as it should. I am new at this but I have burned at least 20 dvd's using AnyDVD without any problems.

One question please: the only dvd burning software that I am using is Clone CD and DVDNextCopy both of which I use with AnyDVD running in the background. With AnyDVD disabled, can I still use either of these softwares to make a dvd copy of The Score (or any other dvd movie)?

Once AnyDVD finishes scanning the dvd is it not also finished decrypting the dvd? If so, then it is safe to disable it and run DVDNextcopy (?).

I will follow your instructions concerning the downloading and installation of the beta version of AnyDVD. But is it necessary to do that now?

Once AnyDVD finishes scanning the dvd is it not also finished decrypting the dvd? If so, then it is safe to disable it and run DVDNextcopy (?).

No. You need to leave Anydvd running.

I will follow your instructions concerning the downloading and installation of the beta version of AnyDVD. But is it necessary to do that now?

I don't know. Do you want to backup your dvd? If not, then no.

I attempted making a backup copy of the dvd The Score while AnyDVD was running in the background. The resultant copy (made to my hard drive) would not play normally. It played the same as the original dvd did before I disabled AnyDVD. I made this attempt before dowloading the new beta version.

I will download the new beta version and see if the changes to AnyDVD helps.

I attempted making a backup copy of the dvd The Score while AnyDVD was running in the background. The resultant copy (made to my hard drive) would not play normally. It played the same as the original dvd did before I disabled AnyDVD. I made this attempt before dowloading the new beta version.

What software are you using to attempt the backup to your hard drive?
Try ripping the movie to your hard drive using AnyDVD.

I attempted making a backup copy of the dvd The Score while AnyDVD was running in the background.

:confused: I thought you said the original disc won't play on your computer. I interpreted that to mean that your drives won't even recognize the disc. I guess I was wrong.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.8 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6318.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you want to rip the disc to your hard drive then right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered[/b]

:confused: I thought you said the original disc won't play on your computer. I interpreted that to mean that your drives won't even recognize the disc. I guess I was wrong.

From the response to the questions I asked I had the same impression. Hopefully the logfile can help clear some things up.

Greetings,

I downloaded and installed the new beta version of AnyDVD. I attempted making a backup copy of the problematic dvd The Score. The results was that the dvd would not record with AnyDVD running in the background. Remember, when I followed your suggestion of disabling AnyDVD the problematic dvd played and could be viewed in MediaPlayer 11 without any difficulty.

I use AnyDVD with DVDNextcopy to make backups. I have the trial version of Clone CD for evaluation.

I made the logfile in AnyDVD that you suggested and it is here attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_P9027DVD.zip
    75.4 KB · Views: 6
Greetings,

I use AnyDVD with DVDNextcopy to make backups. I have the trial version of Clone CD for evaluation.

My best suggestion would be to uninstall DVDnextcopy and try AnyDVD and Clone DVD.

Greetings,

I downloaded and installed the new beta version of AnyDVD. I attempted making a backup copy of the problematic dvd The Score. The results was that the dvd would not record with AnyDVD running in the background. Remember, when I followed your suggestion of disabling AnyDVD the problematic dvd played and could be viewed in MediaPlayer 11 without any difficulty.

I made the logfile in AnyDVD that you suggested and it is here attached.
Can you try again with the CSS key archive disabled?

James, it is not clear to me what you would have me try again. Do you what me to make another logfile with the CSS option disabled? Or are you referring to something else?

Is the logfile I made not giving you the info you need?

James, it is not clear to me what you would have me try again.

1) Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

2) Take the original disc out. Put it back in your drive.

Now try to play the original disc with Anydvd enabled.

Do not enable the CSS key archive. If Anydvd happens to get the CSS key wrong the first time, it will then aways get that key wrong in subsequent attempts, because Anydvd will be retrieving the wrong key from the archive instead of trying to obtain it properly again.

If you still have a problem, then reupload the .zip file after you do step #1.

Last edited:
Webslinger, I followed your instructions and the dvd movie The Score is playing without any problems. My sincere thanks and appreciation for your help.

Apparently there was error in AnyDVD's first scanning of the dvd which was corrected by un-selecting the Use CSS Keys option (which I normally have enabled in order to speed up the scanning process).

The default option is an option that I normally use so I did not have to choose it again in order to follow your instructions.

Thanks again. It really pays to be a part of this forum.

(which I normally have enabled in order to speed up the scanning process).

That probably is not a good idea for the reason I stated previously: if Anydvd happens to get the CSS key wrong the first time, Anydvd will then aways get that key wrong in subsequent attempts, because Anydvd will be retrieving the wrong key from the archive instead of trying to obtain the CSS key properly from the dvd.

The default option is an option that I normally use so I did not have to choose it again in order to follow your instructions.

The default settings in Anydvd have the CSS key archive disabled, which is one reason why I told you in post #9 in this thread to click the "default" button. If you click the "default" button that Css key archive feature in Anydvd disables automatically.

Last edited:
Back