• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD and ASUS DRW-2014L1T 1.02 F1071225

esplanade

Hi-

I have an ASUS DRW-2014L1T 1.02 F1071225 burner
with current firmware installed and Windows XP SP3.
I'm also running AnyDVD 6.3.1.7.
The drive will not recognize Verbatim dual layered 8.5 GB DVD+R discs.
However, my Nero 8 Suite Recode 3 software works
every time burning these discs with no coasters.
I really have enjoyed my CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 software.
I used it extensively with my old Plextor 760A DVD
burner. When I changed my DVD burner to Asus was
when this problem started to occur.
The new drive is SATA. My old drive was IDE.
All settings have been configured properly for the SATA drive.
So I know that's not the problem.
Is there a hardware/software compatibility issue here?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.
Bob

Last edited:
Please do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you wish to assist them. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=87585&postcount=4 and read fully.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.8 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6318.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

3. Ensure that you are selecting "dvd +/-r DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd.

4. In your motherboard's bios you may have an option to change the way your SATA ports function on your system. In some bioses the options are "IDE, AHCI, or RAID/IDE". If yours is currently set to "AHCI" try changing that option to "IDE" to see if there's any difference.

Last edited:
Not a coincidence anymore

Be advised that this scenario is also being followed up in a ticket.

Even manually defining a "standard output size" of "7800 MB", or better yet "7700 MB" did NOT work! This was tried in the hope of "fooling" CloneDVD into not rejecting the blank with an incorrectly recognized capacity. :(

Conclusion: there appears to be a problem getting correct hardware properties from a drive on the SATA interface -OR- this is a problem unique to the way the ASUS drive appears to the interface query from CloneDVD. :bang:

James is informed.

Stay tuned, this one is worth keeping an eye on..... ;)

Problem with SATA/ASUS and CloneDVD

See #4 from my initial reply

This did not make any difference whatsoever in the incident being pursued in the support queue.

Since this is a matter of one or more products handling this correctly (works also correctly with Alcohol 120%) and CloneDVD does not handle it correctly, it looks more and more like we'll need to address the way CloneDVD is looking at the hardware since the constellation of ASUS + SATA interface is obviously not being properly queried. :(

James has been informed.

We have found the problem, next update of CloneDVD (and CloneCD) will solve this.

If you can't wait, I attach a patch which fixes the problem (both CloneDVD & CloneCD).

Installation instructions:

Exit CloneDVD & CloneCD.
Unzip WriteDVD.dll and copy it to the CloneDVD and/or CloneCD program directory. The easiest way to find it - right click CloneCD / CloneDVD desktop icon, select properties, click "Find Target...".

No reboot is required.

Have fun burning DVD+R-DL discs with your ASUS DRW-2014L1T burner!

This patch will work with other burners suffering from the same problem, too.

Attachments

• WriteDVD2641.zip
    36.4 KB · Views: 86
We have found the problem, next update of CloneDVD (and CloneCD) will solve this.

This is indirectly related because you've mentioned the next update to CloneCD. Will you also be kind enough to please add an option that will allow the drive to auto-eject upon completion of erasing a disc? A tickbox (or similar) will be sufficient IMO. Thank you in advance :bowdown:

This is indirectly related because you've mentioned the next update to CloneCD. Will you also be kind enough to please add an option that will allow the drive to auto-eject upon completion of erasing a disc? A tickbox (or similar) will be sufficient IMO. Thank you in advance :bowdown:
It doesn't do this already if "Eject Media" is ticked in "drive control"?

It doesn't do this already if "Eject Media" is ticked in "drive control"?

It ejects if I'm cloning a disc and the reader is the same as the writer (so i have to remove a disc and then insert a blank one). however, it doesn't work when i erase a DVD RW

It ejects if I'm cloning a disc and the reader is the same as the writer (so i have to remove a disc and then insert a blank one). however, it doesn't work when i erase a DVD RW

Having that Eject Media option checked will eject a DVD+RW when it's done erasing it. If it's not working on your system for your drive then I have no explanation but it works as it should on my system with an LG and a Plextor drive.

If you can't wait, I attach a patch which fixes the problem (both CloneDVD & CloneCD).

Installation instructions:

Exit CloneDVD & CloneCD.
Unzip WriteDVD.dll and copy it to the CloneDVD and/or CloneCD program directory. The easiest way to find it - right click CloneCD / CloneDVD desktop icon, select properties, click "Find Target...".

No reboot is required.

Have fun burning DVD+R-DL discs with your ASUS DRW-2014L1T burner!

This patch will work with other burners suffering from the same problem, too.
Thank you, James. The WriteDVD2641.zip patch
worked perfectly with my Asus burner. Your
efficient, innovative, and small footprint software
works far nore effectively than those bloated
software suites. I see this demonstrated
time and again.

from a loyal fan,
Bob

Back