• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero 8.3.2

runbob

Great news, the latest Nero will play from ripped folders on your hard drive. I just updated and life is wonderfull.
AnyDVD HD is fantastic..
I take it back, you are right Adbear. Nero still sucks.
Wonder Emporium jerks using Nero both from the disk and hard drive. It plays fine using PDVD 3319.
Sorry I spoke too soon, it works for older titles.

Last edited:
Still doesn't play back any BD+ that I've tried in it, even if you bypass the Fox screen the main movie plays back jerky

anyone seen any release notes yet. If i rememeber for 8.2.8 the notes werent out for about 2 weeks after the update was posted.

release notes are still for the previous version

yeppers, noticed that just wasnt sure if anyone had the inside track on what they did.

Received my German T2 HD-DVD today. I want to tell you how you are able to play the disc. It's funny.

PowerDVD Ultra 3730:
You get to the menu. As soon you want to watch the movie, PDVD exits without any message. AnyDVD on/off is irrelevant.

Arcsoft TMT 109:
AnyDVD off => HD-DVD doesn't even start to play.
AnyDVD on => You get to the menu but you cannot navigate in it. Thanks to AnyDVD you can jump directly into the main movie title.

Nero Showtime 8.3.2.:
AnyDVD on => HD-DVD doesn't even start.
AnyDVD off => Disc with all its great features plays perfectly. BUT: When you want to watch the movie the Cameron commentary is always mixed into the selected audio track (I use 5.1 analog outputs). You cannot watch the movie that way, it's awful.

So, if you wanto to watch the movie use ArcSoft TMT. If you wanto to watch the extras, you have to use the latest Nero Showtime.

Still doesn't play back any BD+ that I've tried in it, even if you bypass the Fox screen the main movie plays back jerky

Not what I have found. Watching Hitman backed up to my HDD. It's jerky from disc but not from HDD.

Cheers

Not what I have found. Watching Hitman backed up to my HDD. It's jerky from disc but not from HDD.

Cheers
Does that mean hitman can be played normally from the backup folder on HDD?
from another post, you mentioned there are three subfolders. What are the names of these folders?

Last edited:

Cheers

Well if thats the case you're the only person so far who's got it working fom the harddrive. I've found the only way to watch it is from the original disc, No matter what I do I can't get it to work from the harddrive due to the BD+. I've tried it on Vista and XP with every version of PowerDVD from 3104 to 3730. with the last 2 versions of Nero (which always come up with the FOX message and I have to trick it into letting me go past that by choosing 'goto' and jumping into the movie) And with Total media as well and they all play back jerky once the main movie gets past the FOX logo at the beginning of the film. I've now tried it on 5 different computer with ranging from 2.4GHZ C2Q to 3GHZ C2Q with Nvidia and ATI graphics cards with 64bit and 32bit windows and none of them play back smoothley. I've even had it on a dual 3GH C2Q Xeon system and it doens't play on that either

Last edited:
Playback from Hdd

Darkman and Aeon Flux HD DVD both work from Hdd with nero 8.3.2

Well if thats the case you're the only person so far who's got it working fom the harddrive. I've found the only way to watch it is from the original disc, No matter what I do I can't get it to work from the harddrive due to the BD+. I've tried it on Vista and XP with every version of PowerDVD from 3104 to 3730. with the last 2 versions of Nero (which always come up with the FOX message and I have to trick it into letting me go past that by choosing 'goto' and jumping into the movie) And with Total media as well and they all play back jerky once the main movie gets past the FOX logo at the beginning of the film. I've now tried it on 5 different computer with ranging from 2.4GHZ C2Q to 3GHZ C2Q with Nvidia and ATI graphics cards with 64bit and 32bit windows and none of them play back smoothley. I've even had it on a dual 3GH C2Q Xeon system and it doens't play on that either

Actually it plays better from HDD than disc. From the fox red screen, I right clicked and changed to chapter one, I think it was some videology on the movie. Then went to I think chapter two, forget now it's paused half way through, then the main menu came up. From the main menu I could check out scenes, change the audio settings, or play the movie. Alll the menu functions worked great. If you would like more info please ask.

As for the specs on my cpu, AMD Dual core 4200, 2 GB RAM and an ATI X1600, running win XP (Vista Blows!).

As mentioned this only works with Nero Showtime (Not sure what version, will post later), I have trouble with PDVD (all the chapters are greyed out).

Cheers

Last edited:
Actually it plays better from HDD than disc. From the fox red screen, I right clicked and changed to chapter one, I think it was some videology on the movie. Then went to I think chapter two, forget now it's paused half way through, then the main menu came up. From the main menu I could check out scenes, change the audio settings, or play the movie. Alll the menu functions worked great. If you would like more info please ask.

As for the specs on my cpu, AMD Dual core 4200, 2 GB RAM and an ATI X1600, running win XP (Vista Blows!).

As mentioned this only works with Nero Showtime (Not sure what version, will post later), I have trouble with PDVD (all the chapters are greyed out).

Cheers

Did send you a PM asking about the file structure on the hard drive. Like I said I've tried it under XP Pro and vista and the main movie always plays back jerky no matter what specs or software I play back in

Did send you a PM asking about the file structure on the hard drive. Like I said I've tried it under XP Pro and vista and the main movie always plays back jerky no matter what specs or software I play back in

Did return PM, don't ever look in the upper right hand corner, sorry. I do subscribe to this thread so will see reply here. Here is the same information for everyone also:

BDMV - 20.2 GB (21,724,292,794 bytes) - 180 Files 14 folders
BDSVM - 120 MB (125,829,120 bytes) - 6 files, 1 Folder
CERTIFICATE - 0 bytes - 0 Files, 1 Folder

I only have 7 folders in the BDMV folder any chance of listing whats in there?

Showtime 4 release notes are up and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.

New Features
Playback compatibility improved for Blu-ray Disc titles with interactive content.

Changes/Bugfixes
Nero ShowTime could not always play subtitles included in Nero Digital files.

I only have 7 folders in the BDMV folder any chance of listing whats in there?

BDMV (Folders)

AUXDATA
CLIPINF
PLAYLIST
BACKUP
JAR
STREAM
BDJO
META

There are also two solo files:

index.bdmv
MovieObject.bdmv

Hope this helps.

perhaps you can tell us exactly what files or subfolders are in the following folders. Id like to know whats inside "BDJO", "JAR", and "META". And if possible could you send those folders to rapidshare or mediafire.

Back