• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hitman - BD+

psgolfer

Has anyone successfully backed up Hitman and played from HDD?

I have tried once using "remove region code: Automatic". Will not play from HDD, getting same message as playing from disc...."Format not supported...bla bla bla"

I remember backing up DAT, F4:ROSS, and Die Hard 4 all with BD+ to my HDD and playing from there, this movie doesn't seem to like that.

Suggestions.....help?

Cheers

So far no one has got it working, might want to check out 1 of the other 4 threads about it

So far no one has got it working, might want to check out 1 of the other 4 threads about it

Thanks for the quick response. Sorry, but I didn't see any of the other four threads titled ....Hitman BD+.

Just this one.

Cheers

After using Nero 8 to make a copy and then getting the same region A error message, I right clicked and jumped to chapter 13, played fine. Went back to chapter 1 and voila, the movie started to play in all it's glory.

I am going to re-back it up on cpu and see if the same is possible from HDD. Also, going upstairs to see if it will play in PS3.

Cheers.

Did you have AnyDVD HD running in the background when you made the copy? Did it remove the AACS? And what version of PowerDVD are you running?

After using Nero 8 to make a copy and then getting the same region A error message, I right clicked and jumped to chapter 13, played fine. Went back to chapter 1 and voila, the movie started to play in all it's glory.

I am going to re-back it up on cpu and see if the same is possible from HDD. Also, going upstairs to see if it will play in PS3.

Cheers.

Please let us know what the outcome is. Thank you.

PDVD did not work from HDD.
Nero Showtime worked for both the disc copy and the playback from HDD.
Disc did not play in PS3.

AACS was not present on disc when copied and yes AnyDVD HD was performing in the background.

Cheers

AACS was not present on disc when copied and yes AnyDVD HD was performing in the background.

Cheers

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Was there subfolders on the disc?

I was only able to get it to play from disc from a compliant HTPC and projector with PDVD v3730.

I was able to rip the movie to my hard drive. However, I get a Blue Screen of Death when I play it with PowerDVD 3319a! Has anyone else had that problem? This is with Windows XP.

I got the same thing with Nero 8!

Yes there are three subfolders on the disc. I am on the road today, but will be home later on, I will cut and paste the status screen of anydvd hd.

Cheers

Just asking. My Ps3 wont play any disc's authored with sub folders. The BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders must be root folders.

I was able to rip the movie to my hard drive. However, I get a Blue Screen of Death when I play it with PowerDVD 3319a! Has anyone else had that problem? This is with Windows XP.

I got the same thing with Nero 8!

The chapter titles were greyed out in PDVD, but not with Showtime. Here is the capsule from my rip:

ummary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.3)
SONY BDRW BWU-100A 1.0E FEB23 ,2007BRF2
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 11826176 sectors (23098 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: HITMAN
Media is not AACS protected.
Blu-Ray disc is region free!

Should I rip BD+ discs as an .iso image instead of ripping them to folders? Will POwerDVD 3319a play BD+ .iso files? I thought folders was the only way to play a ripped BD+ disc?

Is there anyway to go from folders back to a .iso image?

Should I rip BD+ discs as an .iso image instead of ripping them to folders? Will POwerDVD 3319a play BD+ .iso files? I thought folders was the only way to play a ripped BD+ disc?

Is there anyway to go from folders back to a .iso image?

it won't help you.
I tryed it. USING " ImgBurn "
I tryed also to move some folders and ETC,
Nothing...

Playing HITMAN From Hard Drive (Sorta)

If you remove the first file (0000.*) in the BDVSM folder, you will still get the "need to update firmware for this player" message, but at the bottom will appear a CONTINUE link that you can use to get past this screen.

HOWEVER, you can get all the way to the HITMAN menu, but PowerDVD shuts off right after the Fox logo presentation screen (the one with the music) right before the movie would start playing.

If you get rid of the first and second folder (00001.*) is the second, then you get to the same point as before, but a notice pops up saying a buffer overrun has occurred and PowerDVD must now close.

If you get rid of all three files (0000.*,00001.*,0002.*) then you get to the same point (right before the movie), but powerdvd just locks up.

Maybe some enterprising, bright hacker can use that buffer overrun to get us to actually playing the movie:bowdown:

(Edit) By the way, whatever you move/change from the BDVSM folder, you need to also do to the BDVSM/Backup folder as well or it will not work(at least from what my tinkering shows)

Anyway, its not a total ability to play from the HDD, but its a start:confused:

Last edited:
I took that one step further, I overwrote the bdsvm with the one from IceageBD+ (works in 3319). Then I copied over the folders in Iceage that were not in Hitman, so that they had identical folder structures. It now plays fine right up to the main feature. This plays but, is very choppy. I can't find anything that fixes that, but thanks for the tip, this is kinda fun tinkering with it..

You can't use a BDSVM folder from another film, it won't decode the video properly

Back