• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copying Protected Games

tez

Hii friends. Im a new user of this forum. I wanna ask somthing about clonecd:

1- I have many original protected game cds. When i try to get image of them, clonecd show me read errors. But the images are working. Why i see that when every tries? Is it an problem?

2- What is CD-text? How can i an cd have cd-text?

3- And cant CloneCD take image of DVD discs? I have some original DVD video discs. When start to get image of it, CloneCD shows the same read errors again? Is it an problem? What must i do?

Thanx for reply friends...

Last edited:
read errors are commonly related to protection - ie: nothing to worry about..

cd-text is a feature of supported hardware, like a standalone cd player, where the track title can be reported on the led/whatever instead of the usual 'track 01' etc.. basically its extra data in the cd audio portion... and you could have answered that one yourself by googling...

Thanx too much for reply evlncrn8. So u say my 1st and 3th problems arent problems. When i everytime try to get image of copy protected discs, i see that texts. I understand true, isnt it? :) ...

Last edited:
1) For more details about unreadable sector in protected disc, research how safedisc works :
If there is an area of unreadable sector (which can't be reproduce on a burned disc), the disc is recognized as an original.

2) CD-text is something like the author name in an audio cd :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-Text

3) As in 1), if this is not a protection, the disc can be damaged.

Thank you too pseudo555. I'm sure cd is not damaged. And i know it is protected. So I want to know when i try to get image of copy protected discs, every try i see that "x sector read error" texts (like other users). I wonder only i see that messages or every users whoever try to get image of protected discs see thats. It is an routine CloneCD mistake? Because every protected game discs are working. What can i do to dont see thar read error messages? Is it like evlncrn8's said there is nothing to worry about?...

Thank you too pseudo555. I'm sure cd is not damaged. And i know it is protected. So I want to know when i try to get image of copy protected discs, every try i see that "x sector read error" texts (like other users). I wonder only i see that messages or every users whoever try to get image of protected discs see thats. It is an routine CloneCD mistake? Because every protected game discs are working. What can i do to dont see thar read error messages? Is it like evlncrn8's said there is nothing to worry about?...

If the backup is working, there is nothing to worry about, and the read errors are shown for a reason.

Hmm but errors are shown at first and until %3 or max %4 when i try to get image of protected game discs. I hope it isnt bad thing...

Hmm but errors are shown at first and until %3 or max %4 when i try to get image of protected game discs. I hope it isnt bad thing...

No. It's not. The error messages are shown for debugging and logging purposes.

Provided the backup works, Clonecd is working as intended.

In safedisc case (macromedia protection for cd and dvd games), the unredable sectors appears betwen the 10 000th and the 100 000th...
As Webslinger said, if the backup works, don't take care about theses unreadable sectors.

1- Thanx too much for reply dear pseudo555 and Webslinger. These are really soothing news for me. If possible i want to know this too: When try to get image of protected disc, every user who selected "show read errors" selection on options see these sector error writtens? Isn't there any way to don't see them when we are getting backup from an protected disc? Only one-two word is enough to solve my many of CloneCD problems :) ...

Edit:
2- Yesterday i tried to get image of an original DVD movie. Image didn't work with virtual disc programs (deamon tools). I burned image to DVD and didn't work again. What can i do to do this job properly?...

Last edited:
Sorry for flood but i need a little help from you friends. Please be interested in my last post...

I've just waiting your answers friends :( ...

2- Yesterday i tried to get image of an original DVD movie. Image didn't work with virtual disc programs (deamon tools). I burned image to DVD and didn't work again. What can i do to do this job properly?...

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.8 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6318.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327
and follow the instructions step by step (keep in mind that with Clonecd the size of the original disc must equal the size of the blank disc that you are using)

4. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

Thanx to reply Webslinger. I want to ask something:

I've bought Prince Of Persia - The Sands Of Time original game. I've taken its ccd image. It's 3 cds. On third cd there are some protection. I look up by ProtectionID. I.e: It is SafeDisc 3. I cant open it by DeamonTools. It says please close virtual drive programs. But when i try to burn it to cd by ccd, game didnt accept that cd. It says like this "please insert true cd". What can i do? How can i use my POP - The Sands Of Time images?...

Thanx to reply Webslinger. I want to ask something:

I've bought Prince Of Persia - The Sands Of Time original game. I've taken its ccd image. It's 3 cds. On third cd there are some protection. I look up by ProtectionID. I.e: It is SafeDisc 3. I cant open it by DeamonTools. It says please close virtual drive programs. But when i try to burn it to cd by ccd, game didnt accept that cd. It says like this "please insert true cd". What can i do? How can i use my POP - The Sands Of Time images?...

1. What version of Clonecd are you running?

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, VSO's EZ Play (comes with Blindwrite), and possibly Anydvd. These are programs that are typically blacklisted by copy protections.

4. If you have Clonecdtray running in the background, try right clicking on the icon in your toolbar and selecting "hide cd-r media". Then try running the game. If it still doesn't work, then just exit out of Clonecdtray, and try running the game again.

5. And if that doesn't work, I think I would try Game Jackal.

Thaks my friend.. You have any idea for burning that image to a cd?...

Back