• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can I clone a Blu-Ray disc with AnyDVD HD?

Abraxas

Hello!

I am looking for a software that can remove protection from Blu-Ray discs, and allow the disc to be backed up onto a blank Blu-Ray disc.

I was told AnyDVD HD would allow this.

I did a search on the forum here and I found this thread where a poster asked the same thing and was flamed and the thread was locked! :confused:

I honestly took the time to do a search... there isn't any kind of guide I noticed in the stickes for how to do this (I don't want to "rip" to the HD, convert, or "shrink," I want to take a Blu-Ray movie and "clone" to a 25 or 50 gig Blu-Ray blank). I also did a search and found some other threads of people asking "can it be done" and all I really found were debates about it and such, but no actual step-by-step guide or anything like that, which is what I'm looking for.

I know how to use AnyDVD and CloneCD to clone a DVD... what do I have to do to get it to work with a Blu-Ray? Nero supports Blu-Ray, couldn't I use that to do a "copy"? (Nero has a "copy" that clones a DVD just like CloneCD.)

I VERY humbly ask that you please don't flame me or lock my thread... I am not trying to cause trouble, I am a friedly, simple, humble user who took the time to try to find what I was searching for and came up short, and am asking for help in a respectful and friendly manner!

*runs and hides*

Just do a disc to disc copy in nero with AnyDVD HD running in the background or make an ISO file from the disc to the hard drive then burn that back to disc

any dvd works

any dvd works but the part after is shriking it the making an iso the nruning it to a a 25 gig bluray disc i've only figuer out how to back it up to my hard drive haven't figuerd out the rest

ok i wont flame. but i dunno if i might get in trouble, those arent my intentions, for posting these steps. just backup the bluray to the hard drive then burn it to a bluray using Nero..someone here suggested to use a BD-RE in case u mess up, and thats what I used. But you should have two folders when you back it up. A BDMV and Certificate then open up Nero I think I have version 7. Open up Multisession ROM and set the UDF to manual and 2.5. Then drag the two folders and burn. Some people say to finalize but I didnt. I backed up Wild Things and burned it on a 25gb BD-RE and it played perfectly on my PS3. BTW Wild Things was 22gb most other BluRays Ive backed up were over 25gb so I have yet to tried it on a 50gb disc

Just do a disc to disc copy in nero with AnyDVD HD running in the background or make an ISO file from the disc to the hard drive then burn that back to disc

Cool, that's what I was hoping would work, thanks very much for the reply.

I was confused because DrinkLyeAndDie said:

At this time the options for making backups and manipulating them isn't easy and is painstaking. You'll have to read up on the ways to do this in the forum and on other forums. You won't find software like CloneDVD or DVD Next Copy that will make this quick and easy.

Thanks for clearing this up!
icon14.gif

That was my understanding. AnyDVD is supposed to work the same for Blu-Ray as it does for DVD. Run AnyDVD HD, then Nero should see the Blu-Ray disc as an unprotected disc and you should be able to do a "Copy Disc".

but i dunno if i might get in trouble, those arent my intentions, for posting these steps.

I VERY humbly ask that you please don't flame me or lock my thread... I am not trying to cause trouble, I am a friedly, simple, humble user who took the time to try to find what I was searching for and came up short, and am asking for help in a respectful and friendly manner!

On a personal note, I think it is a disturbing state of affairs where users are afraid to both ask questions and post helpful advice. :(

I did a search on the forum here and I found this thread where a poster asked the same thing and was flamed and the thread was locked! :confused:

I can't speak for Drinklyeanddie, but insults and rudeness are against the forum rules; and if the thread was locked then you probably need to look no further than the flaming as a reason.

*runs and hides*

If you follow the forum rules, there won't be any problem. There's no need to be running and hiding.

ok i wont flame. but i dunno if i might get in trouble

If you don't flame like you did last time, I doubt there will be any problems. :policeman:

On a personal note, I think it is a disturbing state of affairs where users are afraid to both ask questions and post helpful advice. :(

I suppose that would be the case if the person who is scared to post advice never flamed--or had a legitimate reason to be scared (such as not following the forum rules). Otherwise, your perception doesn't apply here.

Last edited:

*runs and hides*

Since my actions are being questioned the reasons for my closing the Copying Blu Ray discs using Anydvd hd thread were three-fold:

(1) I pointed the user, sjsharks, in the direction of the tutorials and told them to make use of the search feature. That is one of the best ways to learn. They are not going to find software like CloneDVD which lets them quickly and easily remove things they don't want. Using AnyDVD HD just rips the whole disc. The answer to their question was that the software they were looking for doesn't really exist. I should note that you can do a full disc to disc copy but with BD I really cannot recommend doing that. I'd rip first to the HDD and then burn which isn't a one-step solution. My initial understanding was also that the person wanted to do more than just clone the entire DVD with their mention of the software they used as an example and assumed they wanted to be able to manipulate it. Nonetheless, they were pointed to the tutorial for copying BD discs.

(2) DBlockAllDay's response which I deleted but can still be seen in the quoted text when I replied was just uncalled for and violated forum rules.

(3) I felt that leaving that thread open would end up turning into nothing more than insults. The question had already been answered and the user had been pointed where to look. There was no need to let the thread possibly degenerate into a bad situation. I deleted DBlockAllDay's after I closed the thread.

ok i wont flame. but i dunno if i might get in trouble, those arent my intentions, for posting these steps.

If you give advice/information without the insults then there is not a problem. The problem was you didn't follow the rules.

If people follow the rules there will not be a problem. sjsharks never did anything wrong nor have I stated that they did. I make no apologies for what you find disturbing since I'm not at fault.

Those are my reasons for closing that thread and has absolutely no bearing on this thread at all.

Last edited:
clone blu ray

Can somebody just tell me how to do it. I have all the software from slysoft. but everything I click on from the menu in clone dvd for the program just basically says nope. There are no instructions for blu ray. I have the burners...it sees the movie on any dvd but when you try to clone it..I get nothing. I have used anydvd and clone dvd for several years on dvd and did not have any issues. What can I do here?

How to

CloneDVD does not do BRays right click on the red fox in taskbar select image to HD copy it use IMGburn to burn to disc, must have Bray burner.

Hello!

I am looking for a software that can remove protection from Blu-Ray discs, and allow the disc to be backed up onto a blank Blu-Ray disc.

I was told AnyDVD HD would allow this.

Yes, AnyDVD HD does remove the protections from BR discs, and yes it can backup the disc so you can then use a burning program to burn a copy. For all purposes it is a direct clone (minus the protections), a 1:1 copy.

No, AnyDVD doesn't shrink or remove any of the content of the BR disc, so if you backup a BR-50 disc, you need a BR-50 blank.

There are free burning programs, http://www.imgburn.com for one, and there are free programs to remove extra content from the backup so it fits on a BR-25 disc, but there are no programs that I know of that perform compression for a BR like CloneDVD does for DVDs.

Slysoft is working on a CloneBR program but there is NO official release date, so to preserve your sanity don't even bother to ask. Just wait for the announcement of when it is about to be released. ;)

BD Rebuilder will allow you to shrink the whole disc to fit on a SL BD-r and remove unwanted subtitles and unwanted audio.

Yes, AnyDVD HD does remove the protections from BR discs, and yes it can backup the disc so you can then use a burning program to burn a copy. For all purposes it is a direct clone (minus the protections), a 1:1 copy.

You are responding to a post and thread that is over three years old. :p

You are responding to a post and thread that is over three years old. :p

Yes, I know I did, but it never hurts to give a polite response to a query that has been resurrected from the "dead".

So I had a "Senior Moment". Pfffffft! ;)

No image to HD copy

you said to right click on red fox and click on image to HD copy, i don't see that, i see rip video dvd to hard disc and also rip to image?? also I am having hard time figuring out all the steps for image burn to reduce the size, i have instructions but some of the wording and steps i can't figure out, is dvd fab the same type of program and maybe easier to use? I can burn bd movies fine but just can't do the reduce in size to fit on 25 gig if larger then 25 gig.

Imgburn doesn't shrink movies you need to use BD rebuilder

Back