• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Downsizing to 720p

Chew

OK, I backed up BD of Cars to my Hard Drive... I converted the m2ts file to one ts file now. Does anyone know how to use expert mode of Quick Media Converter to resize the 1080p ts file to a 720p ts file and still keep DD 5.1? I want to store it on my Media Server to stream to my ps3. If you have suggestions for an easier tool to use, please let me know!

Thanks,
Chew

If your Cars is like mine, I just ordered my Stream folder by file size and there was one that was nearly 30 GB... That was the movie.

Anyone have a clue on how to get the movie from 1080p to 720p, I want just resizing of the frames.. and keep the DD 5.1?

Thanks,
Chew

Last edited:
If your Cars is like mine, I just ordered my Stream folder by file size and there was one that was nearly 30 GB... That was the movie.

Anyone have a clue on how to get the movie from 1080p to 720p, I want just resizing of the frames.. and keep the DD 5.1?

Thanks,
Chew

You can't just resize the frames, you have to completely re-encode the video at the new framesize

Thanks Adbear, what can I use to do that?

Thanks,
Chew

I'd take a look over at Doom9.org, you'll probably find everything you need over there, but it's not usually that easy to do. Getting the audio out is the easy part, But then you need to demux the video stream and then re-encode it into a 720p file whilst keeping the quality up

aware of that. its a pain and i have given up on that. HD DVD i've got down. so thats why i said, let me know.

I don't tend to do it myself as I have a Blu-ray and a HD DVD burner so I don't need to downsample stuff to play it back

If i had a money tree like you must i would do the same. although i tend to be cheap and would not see the need to spend 10-15 on a bd-r when i could spend 5 more and get another actual movie.

I store them on a Harddrive and write to BD-RE when I want to watch them. Also helps that we use the same equipment at work so I can borrow stuff from there when I want to

Thats what I want to do.. You can fit more 720p movies on a hard drive though, thats why I was wanting to do this.

Quick Media Converter there seems to be the capoability, but I'm not sure the settings because it keeps erroring out on me.

then delete them and reburn a new one? that would make sense. i used to have a job like that. left for more money elsewhere but lost all those techie perks.

chew:
i am trying different methods for it if i ever get a working way i will surely post it. I dont want to create all those avisynth scripts and such. there MUST be a better way. if you find a way please let us al know as well.

aware of that. its a pain and i have given up on that. HD DVD i've got down. so thats why i said, let me know.

I'm trying to do this exact same thing, only with HD-DVD - can you please elaborate on your process for this?

TIA

RipBot264

RipBot264 is the best tool I've seen for shrinking the video from both blu-rays and HD-DVDs, especially since it will automatically read from the blu-ray structure when you select the video file. MeGUI is also a pretty handy encoding tool as well. Check on the doom9 forums for guides on how to use these apps, especially RipBot.
Also, first post :).

RE: Ripbot264

Thanks for the info - I've tried using Ripbot264, but I'd rather not recompress the video again to h.264. What I'm trying to do is simply resize the video from 1080p down to 720p without re-encoding to a different format. I really want to keep the same level of color detail, etc. but shrink the file size. I'm hoping that downsizing to 720p will accomplish that. I'm not even sure if it's possible to do...

Not possible

It's not possible. There is a lengthy explanation of why, but the simple version is that encodings are based on each frame and each frame has a certain resolution and byte size, hence to reduce the size of the frames, you need to do a full re-encoding, which with h.264 can take a LONG time.

Back