• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD+R opinion

ben60

Can anyone give me there opinion on the Verbatim DVD+R blank brand. All i use is Sony and Memorex. But considering using Verbatim. Any opinions on this brand?

Can anyone give me there opinion on the Verbatim DVD+R blank brand. All i use is Sony and Memorex. But considering using Verbatim. Any opinions on this brand?

That's what you should be using (although I'm not a fan of Verbatim that's made in India by Moser Baer). Memorex is pretty horrible, and Sony tends to be average.

CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro (these are Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, Taiyo Yuden
DVD±Rs = Maxell Broadcast Quality Series 8x (not regular junk Maxells you find everywhere), Verbatim 8x & 16x, Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline) 8x
DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (not India), MAM-A 8x

Verbatim Brand

So you're saying that Verbatim is better than Sony and Memorex?

Memorex is universally considered garbage. Sony is considered so-so from what I've read but I wouldn't recommend them. Verbatim is far better. I use Verbatim DVD+R 16x (Taiwan) discs and have no issues at all.

Yes. That's what I am saying, unless you happen to get Sony made by Taiyo Yuden (but when Verbatim has been made in Japan, it has been made by Taiyo Yuden as well).

Last edited:
As already mentioned.......Memorex is not good..Sony is so-so..... Verbatim is good. I've backed up well over 1000 movies using Verbatim 16X +R and I have yet to get a bad disc.

Out of somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 - 500 Sony DVD +R and -R disk I have used at work and play I have only had, maybe at the most 3 or 4 bad ones if that many. I do archive backups at work with them and also use them at home. I backup and store all my digital camera pics on them for storage in my safe deposit box. I guess it is in the manufacture of the media if you get good ones or bad ones. I guess I have been very blessed.

I do agree with Memorex. I bought a 50 pack a couple of years ago and ended up throwing most of them away.

Webslinger. Who do you recommend getting the T-Ys from? I have seen them advertised very few places. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for your recommendation. It is very much appreciated.

I get my Verbatim form Newegg.

How much are they there for the -R's I get them (or the +R) YES the good ones...Or at least they work when burned at 4X 100% good on ebay from a certain guy (who sometimes doesn't put them one ebay at $28 for 4 25 packs shipped to my door in usually about 5 days from date of order. So 28 cents....

If you want the contact info Ill share lol. He's not on there all the time Or just look it up in my recent activity, Im swoletan on there too 8)

Out of somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 - 500 Sony DVD +R and -R disk I have used at work and play I have only had, maybe at the most 3 or 4 bad ones if that many. I do archive backups at work with them and also use them at home. I backup and store all my digital camera pics on them for storage in my safe deposit box. I guess it is in the manufacture of the media if you get good ones or bad ones. I guess I have been very blessed.

I do agree with Memorex. I bought a 50 pack a couple of years ago and ended up throwing most of them away.

I gotta agree. I've use Sony any time I can not get Verbatim and I've had real good luck with the Sony as well. I wonder how to tell a TY made Sony?

-W

Back