• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD and HDCP

ge0rgieee

If you run anydvd hd and copy the movie to your hard drive do you need a HDCP video card or monitor or will anydvd strip out all the protection and let it run?

If you run anydvd hd and copy the movie to your hard drive do you need a HDCP video card or monitor or will anydvd strip out all the protection and let it run?

Yes, and you don't need to copy it on the harddisk to watch.

And let me give you an example as to why this is so wonderful. First nVidia 7900 GS card I got, not HDCP compliant, but plays back HD beautifully. So I get another brand of 7900 GS card that is HDCP compliant, problem is, it stutters as bad as my 6600GT.

HDCP = Hold Damn Consumers Prisoner

It'll definately be good for me, as my computer's primary monitor is a 22" CRT with resolution capabilities well beyond 1920x1080, but no HDCP, lol.

I downloaded trial anydvd hd and purchased power dvd ultra. My problem is I get a power dvd error message "Incompatible graphics driver. Please use default driver for playback" when I try to watch any hd dvd . Anyone know of a soulition or do I need to buy a HDCP video card
My HTPC
Gb drs3 mobo
E4300 OC to 3.0
XFX Geforce 7600 gs non HDCP
2 gig 667 ddr2

I downloaded trial anydvd hd and purchased power dvd ultra. My problem is I get a power dvd error message "Incompatible graphics driver. Please use default driver for playback" when I try to watch any hd dvd . Anyone know of a soulition or do I need to buy a HDCP video card
My HTPC
Gb drs3 mobo
E4300 OC to 3.0
XFX Geforce 7600 gs non HDCP
2 gig 667 ddr2
What driver version are you using for your Geforce card?

Your drivers are a bit old. The latest non-beta Win2k/XP 32-bit release are the ForceWare 93.71 WHQL'ed drivers dated Nov 2, 2006.

I don't know if this will fix the problem, however.

Thanks I will try new drivers. BTW the drivers i currently have are the latest that i got from xfxforce.com today. I guess they don't update them too often??

success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you James and Drink you just saved me $$$ on a new video card

Glad to help. And... I thought I had replied to your reply to me but apparently I never actually clicked on 'Submit reply'. Oops.

What I said was it seems many manufacturers are pretty slow in releasing updated drivers.

If you do not have a card that came OC'ed by the manufacturer or has any special features not found on a normal card of its type then you are better off just getting drivers from the Nvidia site, IMO. It's always best to read the release notes first but Nvidia releases updates [on a fairly regular schedule] that among other things can resolve incompatibilities with PC games, etc.

Back