• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Black Book

jlj

When I rip Black Book I continue to get the directors comentary. I have used DVD Shrink and Any DVD to Rip. I use Nero to burn. Does anyone have a suggestion. Even when I turn the comentary off in the special features section the movie immediately begins with the directors comentary. Very frustrating.

jlj

When I rip Black Book I continue to get the directors comentary. I have used DVD Shrink and Any DVD to Rip. I use Nero to burn. Does anyone have a suggestion. Even when I turn the comentary off in the special features section the movie immediately begins with the directors comentary. Very frustrating.

jlj

Please update to AnyDVD 6.3.1.7. You can get it from here: http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe.

Once you've installed it and rebooted if necessary then please do the following:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Black Book zip file

Here is the zip file. Thanks for the help.

jlj

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_BLACK_BOOK.zip
    104.8 KB · Views: 4
Zip file for Black Book

Please check this file for the reason I get the directors comentary when I rip the DVD. The ripped DVD goes to the comentary immediately.

jlj

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_BLACK_BOOK.zip
    104.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi :)
Welcome onboard jlj. :agree: :clap:
Please don't multiple post/thread with the same problem.
Have a little patience.
Otherwise feel the rath of Webslinger. ;)
N.B. Threads merged...

I have used DVD Shrink and Any DVD to Rip.

1. Don't. While this disc doesn't appear to contain anything interesting with respect to protection, if you want to use a method that will always work, regardless of protection on the dvd, then right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

pwd_2k (system32\drivers\pwd_2k.sys), Version: 7.5.0.50 (7.5.0.50)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: Win2000 Framework for Packet Write Driver
FileVersion: 7.5.0.50
ProductVersion: 7.5.0.50

drvmcdb (system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys), Version: 3.22.7.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.22.07a

You have some packet writing junk on your system that needs to be removed.
Sonic's Drag-to-disc should definitely be uninstalled. Packet writing software interferes with a lot of other software, not just Slysoft's If you need drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (with a FAT file format), which is more stable.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "drvmcdb". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "pwd_2k". Click "Remove Selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind the programs that installed those filters will no longer function properly.

3. If you're getting director's commentary, then you backed up director's commentary. Anydvd doesn't affect audio. This isn't an Anydvd issue. This is an issue with what you're choosing to select to backup in Shrink. Ensure you're selecting the proper audio and title to backup in Shrink. Then it's a simple matter of using your dvd player's remote control to cycle through the various audio tracks while playing the main movie.

Back