• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Power DVD Ultra Play from Media Center

Power DVD 7 came with my new Blu-Ray Drive I bought. When I installed it, it asked me if I wanted media center to play Blu Ray with Power DVD.

I just recently upgraded to Power DVD Ultra. Now when I select amovie backed up on my hard drive, media center says it can't play the Blu Ray copy.

When I try to play directly from the hard drive through PDVDU it won't open it through the folder. Is there any way to get this to play from Media Center again?

Thanks in advance.

the newer versions of pdvd can not play ripped blu ray/hddvd from the hard drive in a folder structure. You need to either convert them to ISOs or revert to a version before 3514...I use 3319a.

Media center is just launching pdvd so it is irrelevant for this conversation. The key is pdvd.

how i have a new version of power dvd, hwo do i get an old version and make it work with my key?

thank you so much i was really starting toloose hope in all of this!! lol

when i go intopower dvd ultra, im able to play dvd from my hddd but not hd-dvd

when i go intopower dvd ultra, im able to play dvd from my hddd but not hd-dvd

check what version you are using , on the main page click on the cyberlink logo upper left than click were it says ( licensed to)

im using version 7.3 ultra.

Check the About window in PowerDVD.

You'll normally see information on the right like what is below:

Yeah, I edited the name my software is licensed to which is why the text looks bad. I was in a hurry.

Now right-click on the name of the person the software is licensed to and the window changes to something like this:

The red rectangle is around the actual release version of the software. I'm still using v7.3.3104a.1.

i might have found a pattern.it might be that the hd dvd was a combo dvd. i tried a regular hd dvd and it worked(chronicles of riddick) i will try one more to see if it works.

and my version is 7.3.3319a.0

Last edited:
i might have found a pattern.it might be that the hd dvd was a combo dvd. i tried a regular hd dvd and it worked(chronicles of riddick) i will try one more to see if it works.

and my version is 7.3.3319a.0

you should be able to playback from the folder, it could be just a bad disk, i have found i can play back all my disks with this version even profile 1.1 blu rays which i believe you are surpose to be played back with version 3730 but i found if i use the guide to shrink the disk on hdd to movie only every disk i have plays in 3319a fine

Hey BK 1987, can you send me that to so I can switch back to an older version PDVD ultra?

Last edited:
PowerDVD Ultra version 7 has been noted to have a plug-in for Media Center Edition / Vista Media Center. Presumably, this plug-in is installed automatically on such systems that can benefit from it.

OK, here is what I don’t quite get,….

My LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Burner came with version 3104a and I installed it on a Vista Home Premium system but no option for launching Blu-Ray or HD DVD movies was added to the Vista Media Center menu,….

Is this MCE / VMC option of PDVDU7 only available on retail versions or is it only available on a specific version number such as 3319a and up?

Pdvdu

Power DVD 7 came with my new Blu-Ray Drive I bought. When I installed it, it asked me if I wanted media center to play Blu Ray with Power DVD.

I just recently upgraded to Power DVD Ultra. Now when I select amovie backed up on my hard drive, media center says it can't play the Blu Ray copy.

When I try to play directly from the hard drive through PDVDU it won't open it through the folder. Is there any way to get this to play from Media Center again?

Thanks in advance.

"Ditto" I have the same issue. When I use the bundled version, it only will play in 2 channel. So I upgraded to Ultra, and it won't play my backed up BRD & HD discs.

"Ditto" I have the same issue. When I use the bundled version, it only will play in 2 channel. So I upgraded to Ultra, and it won't play my backed up BRD & HD discs.
have you "mymovies" plugin installed in wmc

pdvdu

Yes I do.

What I need is a copy of PDVD version 3319a. Then I will try the dual install as mentioned in other posts.

Anyone know where I can get this older version? All I have is the latest version which as you know will not play HD & Blu Ray stored on hard drive.

Back