• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will CloneCD write convert an ISO to VOB?

Roundtree

Greetings,

I have been backing up my dvd movies to my external hard drive in the ISO format. Yesterday I wanted to make a copy of a backup of a movie so that a friend could play it in his dvd recorder. But since all of my backups are in the ISO format I had to really search to find the original.

My question is will Clone CD only copy the ISO format of a movie to a dvd or can it copy convert an ISO movie to an VOB?

Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

I really would like to continue making dvd movie backups in the ISO format.

No.

But you can mount the .iso in a virtual drive and simply extract the .vob files and everything else if you want.

Last edited:
Sorry Webslinger, I don't understand the usefulness of extracting these files if I cannot burn them afterwards.

And is this procedure described in the Clone CD manual?

Sorry Webslinger, I don't understand the usefulness of extracting these files if I cannot burn them afterwards.

:confused:

Why wouldn't you be able to burn them afterwards?

And is this procedure described in the Clone CD manual?

No, because mounting image files doesn't involve Clonecd, but a virtual drive program.

I have the Virtual Clone drive installed.

I am a novice, and would appreciate it very much if you would describe a simple step by step procedure for me to burn a ISO movie backup to a dvd that would include all the necessary files (of which the VOB files are only part of) to play the burnt dvd on a stand alone player.

Thank you for your patience.

I have the Virtual Clone drive installed.

I am a novice, and would appreciate it very much if you would describe a simple step by step procedure for me to burn a ISO movie backup to a dvd that would include all the necessary files (of which the VOB files are only part of) to play the burnt dvd on a stand alone player.

Thank you for your patience.

You don't need to mount anything if you just want to burn the .iso. Once burned properly the (.vob files and everything else) files will appear on the blank dvd.
Just select "write from image file" in Clonecd, and select the .iso as the source.

That said, it would just be simpler to create a backup than creating an .iso to begin with. That is, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327 and follow the steps

Last edited:
Roundtree, just think of an ISO file as a big archive file. Programs like WinRAR can extract the contents of an ISO image to your HDD. When mounted you see the contents of the ISO as if you were viewing the disc from your DVD drive. There is no difference between burning the ISO image directly using CloneCD to a disc or extracting all the files to your HDD from the ISO image and then burning them to a disc. In the end the results are the same except you spent more time doing the latter method. :)

Back