• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hotkey to disable/enable AnyDVD HD?

sclaws

Is this possible? I use a universal remote (Pronto) for HTPC control and was curious if a hotkey existed to toggle AnyDVD enabled/disabled. Mainly this would be helpful for the WAF...if needing to play a BD+ title off-disc it would be great to not have to rely on pulling out a keyboard if I can build an IR macro to do this.
Thx :)

Is this possible? I use a universal remote (Pronto) for HTPC control and was curious if a hotkey existed to toggle AnyDVD enabled/disabled. Mainly this would be helpful for the WAF...if needing to play a BD+ title off-disc it would be great to not have to rely on pulling out a keyboard if I can build an IR macro to do this.
Thx :)

You can disable Blu-ray processing in AnyDVD setting, maybe this increases the WAF (so you can leave AnyDVD enabled all the time).

You can disable Blu-ray processing in AnyDVD setting, maybe this increases the WAF (so you can leave AnyDVD enabled all the time).

Thanks for the response James. Hmm...except in my case the exception is the BD+ stuff (maybe 4 titles I own), with the rest HD DVD/DVD/Blu all ripped and playing fine thru MM w/daemon tools. In trying to make playback as seamless as possible I wouldnt want to cripple my iso library for the few BD+ exceptions...which is where I was hoping to just program an enable/disable toggle that could trigger when the disc auto-plays.

Unless there are other options I'm missing it might be worth leaving as-is until the BD+ issue is resolved.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response James. Hmm...except in my case the exception is the BD+ stuff (maybe 4 titles I own), with the rest HD DVD/DVD/Blu all ripped and playing fine thru MM w/daemon tools. In trying to make playback as seamless as possible I wouldnt want to cripple my iso library for the few BD+ exceptions...which is where I was hoping to just program an enable/disable toggle that could trigger when the disc auto-plays.

Unless there are other options I'm missing it might be worth leaving as-is until the BD+ issue is resolved.

Sorry, I don't follow... Why would disabling BD support in AnyDVD cripple your ISO library? Or did you create the ISOs with AnyDVD *disabled*?

This is my newbie ignorance showing itself ;) I guess I assumed AnyDVD HD had to be active all the time in the background during playback. Is this not the case when the iso is ripped with AnyDVD active?

I'm still working through converting my HD/BR discs to iso but they were done WITHOUT AnyDVD enabled (So I'm thinking I need to redo those?).

The feature to enable/disable AnyDVD decryption via a user-assigned hotkey would be useful I think to customers for a range of reasons that possibly escape my imagination - or yours.

At any rate sclaws to answer your question, AnyDVD is only required to be running in the background if you are using your original disc and your original disc is encrypted. You should make your ISO files with AnyDVD running so that you're creating decrypted files, and then you don't need AnyDVD running to play these later.

The feature to enable/disable AnyDVD decryption via a user-assigned hotkey would be useful I think to customers for a range of reasons that possibly escape my imagination - or yours.

At any rate sclaws to answer your question, AnyDVD is only required to be running in the background if you are using your original disc and your original disc is encrypted. You should make your ISO files with AnyDVD running so that you're creating decrypted files, and then you don't need AnyDVD running to play these later.

Thx for the clarification. I plan to rip all titles prior to viewing so I'll re-rip them w/AnyDVD. I appreciate the help and tolerance of my learning curve :)

Back