• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluescreen or Restart while burning Double Layer Discs

VincentVega

First of all i posted that in the german forum here, so sorry for my bad english.

I tried to Burn a Double Layer (+) Disc in clonedvd2, after some minutes the pc restarted or get a bluescreen.

My Recorder is a Plextor 750a and it support Double Layer +/- Discs.

any ideas?
please help.

vincentvega

Last edited:
1. Something (software) may be conflicting with Clonedvd on your system. In order for us to check, post the Anydvd .zip file:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

2. Ensure you're using the latest firmware update for your burner.

3. Use Verbatim +R DL (perferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8X +R DL only. Try a 4x burn speed. Memorex is horrible. Everything else is not worth using.

4. Check inside your computer case for dust inside your cpu fans, fans in your graphics card, etc. Get rid of the dust. You may be having an overheating issue.

5. It's possible there's a problem with your power supply. Get it checked.

Hello,

Im sorry for not answering, but i had alot of things to do in the last weeks.

Thank u for your answer. :)

I still have the problem and i really dont know what can i do now.

Now i burned 8 Double Layer DVD and everytime i try to burn i get the bluescreen (clone dvd), wright error at the beginning (Nero) or write error at 51% with Imgburn. (something wrong with Layers? because of 51%?)

The next thing i will do is to try out the Samsung DL's u told me about and i hope it will be ok then.

Damn, DL DVD's are so expensive.

--
By the way, i cant create the logfile but Any DVD works well anyway, i have still the files on HDD and can watch it with VLC Player. So no problem with the files i think.

2. I do.

3. I will do that. :D

4. My whole pc and every Fan are clean and work well. ;)

5. Why should be?? I dont have any Problems with my PC, CD'r and DVD'r works well too.

Thanks for your help. :)

Last edited:
The next thing i will do is to try out the Samsung DL's

I typed "Verbatim". I didn't type "Samsung". Samsung is Ritek junk.

By the way, i cant create the logfile

Why not? Put the original movie dvd in your burner, and follow the steps I listed.

but Any DVD works well anyway

That's not the point. The log file provides information where I can check for possible conflicts on your system

Why should be?? I dont have any Problems with my PC, CD'r and DVD'r works well too.

Bsod and restarts are often due to inadequate power supplies and hardware issues. The problem is happening while your burning; burning uses more power; you're crashing while your burner may be recalibrating (may use more power).

The other possibility is bad blank media and driver conflicts. I can't check for driver conflicts unless you post the Anydvd log file.

BSOD X'xx' is helpful

I can point you in the right direction if you will give me the last two numbers in the string of numbers that appears to the upper left of the blue screen.

This is a "byte" of data and identifies the stop code.

Let me know. Did you just add a DVD drive and is the error X'9C'?

@webslinger,

Your right, i meant VERBATIM. :eek:

Im just going to buy a new LCD TV soon, thats why i said Samsung. I just had Samsung, Philips etc. in my head. :D all these names driving me crazy. :D

For someone who dont speak english that good its hard to understand all these things, but i will try that.

be back.

EDIT:

i told u webslinger, the option "create log" isnt there. i put the original disc (pulp fiction) in to both drives, normal drive and recorder.

unbenannt1kopieng7.jpg

what now?
thanks

Last edited:
Let's step back before stepping forward

@webslinger,

i told u webslinger, the option "create log" isnt there. i put the original disc (pulp fiction) in to both drives, normal drive and recorder.

unbenannt1kopieng7.jpg

what now?
thanks

That pop-up menu points to a very old version of AnyDVD. :eek:

Can you please go to http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html and with "Save File" get the lates AnyDVD setup down to your PC. Run the install on top of the existing version and then reboot.

Then: redo the problem scenario and we'll step forward from there. ;)

Thanks Mate.

I thought i already had the newest version. Damn.

i will do that.

Back