• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW CyberLink PowerDVD 8.0 Beta!!

Tau

For those interested in testing, CyberLink released a beta version of the brand new PowerDVD 8 today!

HTML:
http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/PDVD8_BetaTest/PowerDVD8_BetaTest080222.exe (88.7 MB)

NOTE: Copy PowerDVD.sim from PowerDVD 7 directory into PowerDVD 8 directory and rename it to PowerDVD8.sim (overwrite/delete)

Introducing MoovieLive: the website that syncs seamlessly with PowerDVD and moves the movie experience beyond the PC. Aside from watching movies, users can now build their favorite movie collection, create and share movie remixes, rate and write reviews. It's all part of CyberLink's new dimension in movie entertainment.

MoovieLive is also the perfect way for users to share their interest in cinema by networking with friends all over the world. CyberLink ships over a million copies of PowerDVD each month, creating a massive group of PowerDVD users globally. PowerDVD 8 and MoovieLive represent the basis of a huge social network, where users can interact with each other to share their love of movies.

New Dimensions in Movie Entertainment
-Collect Favorite Movies
-Create Movie Remixes
-Network with Movie Friends
-Collaborate to Build a DVD Database

Cutting-Edge Movie Playback Technologies
-CyberLink TrueTheater Motion delivers smooth video playback, interpolating the number of frames.
-Support for HDMI ensures high quality audio for HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc titles.
-Support for leading graphics cards delivers the best high-definition video playback with low CPU consumption.

Enjoy!
Tau

Last edited:
Now way!!!

Does it have HD DVD and BD support or just BD?

For those interested in testing, Cyberlink released a beta version of the brand new PowerDVD 8 today!

HTML:
http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/PDVD8_BetaTest/PowerDVD8_BetaTest080222.exe (88.7 MB)

Enjoy!
Tau
ll it work with a V7 serial?

This requires a PowerDVD 8 key.

your powerdvd 7 key codes wont work, so its useless without the proper PowerDVD 8.0 key.

So no existing keys will work and they are generating keys specific to the beta to be able to test it? Anyone know how they are choosing people to give keys to?

I just realized that it won't install without a PowerDVD 8 serial number as well. I wonder if this would install as a trial on a clean system?

My apologies...

Tau

rip from HD

would be curious to see if you can play a rip from your hard drive

Its probably an "InHouse beta " and the keys are only given to verified beta testers. Just a guess.

I couldn't get it to play anything, although it did leave Blu-ray folders live but not HD DVD ones, so it looks like they may be bringing back in the ability to play your own stuff from folder

I couldn't get it to play anything, although it did leave Blu-ray folders live but not HD DVD ones, so it looks like they may be bringing back in the ability to play your own stuff from folder

Could you elaborate what do you mean by "play anything"?
Folder from Harddrive
Folder from Harddrive with BD+
Mounted ISOs
Mounted ISOs with Bd+
Blu ray/HDDVD in the drive and AnyDVD runing

By the way where did you get the Key?Are you a beta tester?

Last edited:
Can't play from folders yet, but Blu-ray folders are no longer greyed out.

I just hope it plays some of the problematical movies better.........

All the neat new features are just B.S. if you still can't watch the movie!

I havn't got my drive with me and don't have any ISO's on my system at the moment so can't try them until tomorrow

Sweet. That'd be appreciated. I'd like to see if this thing's going to be worth buying or not. Obviously in beta form there's likely to be bugs and all that but, can it be worse than the betas they foist on us for version 7? :D WHAT?! What do you mean those aren't betas???! ;)

Looks like it will take a bit longer than planned just be patient and if I can get that I will let ya know.

Back