• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD slower with newer versions

compgirl26

Hi,

I have an Intel Quad 2.66 PC with 4 gig's of PC800 ram with 2 Sata burners and nVidia Gforce 8600 with 256ram. I dual boot between XP Pro w/SP2 and Vista Ultimate w/updates.

It seems that when i use CloneDVD to make backups... that with the past few versions the backup times have more than doubled.

Back in December, i used to be able to backup a full movie, or a TV Season Disk in 16 minutes. That was a full disk without me unchecking anything through the complete burn. Now i'm up to 38 minutes and i don't understand why.

But i did notice the time creeping up over the past several updates.

Has anyone esle experienced this or am i alone? I find it hard to believe it's my PC as it's top of the line.

Any chance this has been reported?

Thanks,

Compgirl

P.S. the time to backup/burn seems to be consistent for both XP and Vista. I ALWAYS upgrade to the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. So the answer is an automatic "YES" for am i using the most current versions of Slysoft's software. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
with 2 Sata burners

The specs of those burners, the blank media, the seek times of your hard drive(s), in addition to the write speed you're selecting in Clonedvd matter. You graphics card has no bearing on anything with respect to burning.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST) (ignore "a" since you're using SATA drives)

13. My burns are taking forever to complete suddenly. Why?

a) Is DMA enabled for your drives in
i) Windows XP?
ii) Windows Vista?
iii) general?

b) Is the original source disc bad? If so, the reading process will take longer.
Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

c) Did you select an appropriate burn speed in Clonedvd? Obviously 4x is going to take longer than 12x.

d) Try another cable on the back of your burner (try an 80 wire cable if you have an ide burner). Maybe your existing cable has gone bad.

e) Try defragmenting your hard drive.

f) Ensure speed control is unchecked in Anydvd (or at least, ensure "Slow and Quiet" is not enabled).

g) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=63749&postcount=12 to see what TBPirate did to resolve his problem.

Last edited:
Back in December, i used to be able to backup a full movie, or a TV Season Disk in 16 minutes. That was a full disk without me unchecking anything through the complete burn. Now i'm up to 38 minutes and i don't understand why.

This could also be coincidental. I mean in December you may have trying to backup single layer original discs. Perhaps now you're backing up dvds that have two layers and are twice the size. A single layer original disc also won't require compression. Compression adds time to the overall process.

Any chance this has been reported?

No. My girlfriend's system in my household is very similar to yours (hers has some faster specs, but it's very similar in that she can choose to boot Vista 64 bit ultimate edition--in a raid 0 configuration with two hard drives or Windows XP Pro 32 bit on another hard drive), and I'm not seeing any difference with respect to burn times when updating Clonedvd. No one else is experiencing this either (unless they had issues).

So the answer is an automatic "YES" for am i using the most current versions of Slysoft's software. Thanks. :)

Quite often beta versions are released in the forums--but not officially online. For example, the latest Anydvd is 6.3.1.6 beta (and not 6.3.1.5): click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=92414&postcount=1

That's not going to make a difference though.

Last edited:
I too feel the same way, back up time seems to be longer. It just depends on the movie. I thought it was just me.

twocents.jpg

Last edited:
It just depends on the movie.

I'm not sure I understand why you perceive this to be an issue then?

In order for the complaint to be accurate, you need to use Clonedvd 2.9.1.2 and backup a disc. Then you need to use 2.9.1.5 and backup the same disc. Any difference? I doubt it.

Back