• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Phillips DVD 8801 Question

clearchannel

I am going to replace this drive but do not know if the sata device is going to work or not considering the phillips drive is a ATA.

Is there any difference, or anything I should be concerned about?

I am going to replace this drive but do not know if the sata device is going to work or not considering the phillips drive is a ATA.

Is there any difference, or anything I should be concerned about?
The Philipps 8801 is a Dell rebadge. It is an IDE drive. You can replace it with an SATA drive if you have an extra SATA port on your mother board to connect to. Its easy.

Yes, it is a dell xps 400 about 2 years old. If the SATA cable is the blue one which is quite a bit narrower then a IDE cable, then yes, I have two extra ports on the motherboard.

Will I have to configure anything in the bios or cmos to accomplish this take?

I did a bit more shopping and I think I found a pretty good deal on a Plextor IDE drive. I will just swap out one for the other and I should be good to go.

Thanks for your help, I lerned something new tonight....

Yes, it is a dell xps 400 about 2 years old. If the SATA cable is the blue one which is quite a bit narrower then a IDE cable, then yes, I have two extra ports on the motherboard.

Will I have to configure anything in the bios or cmos to accomplish this take?
No, Like I said, its very easy. Just connect the Data cable and the power cable and you are done. You will need the red SATA Cable.

Back