• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to copy Heroes-R2-ITA-disc 6

dadobit66

Hi there i'm unable to copy this disc.
I got an error message: anydvd cannot read the disc. I got the latest version 6.3.1.5 and i have no problem to copy the others discs (n^1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7)
The UPC number is: 5050582525687.
Thanks for your support

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_HEROES_01_06.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 7
Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)
FileVersion: 8.0.0.212
ProductVersion: 8.0.0.212

InCDPass (system32\drivers\InCDPass.sys), Version: 5.8.9.0 (5.8.9.0)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD
Copyright: Copyright 2007 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Nero InCD RW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 8, 9, 0
ProductVersion: 5, 8, 9, 0

incdrm (system32\drivers\InCDRm.sys), Version: 5.8.9.0 (5.8.9.0)
Product: InCD Reader
Description: Nero MRW Filter Driver

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

It looks like you have both Nero InCD & Roxio/Sonic Drag-to-Disc packet-writing software installed. Regardless of the opinion of some people these programs install filters that are known to sometimes be problematic and I'd recommend you uninstall them.

File /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_0.BUP at 2995113 length 21
enumerate 4 of 8
read sectors failed, sense 4:3e:2
tries 9 retry 2055474 to 2055475
tries 8 retry 2055474 to 2055475
tries 7 retry 2055474 to 2055475
tries 6 retry 2055474 to 2055475
read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
tries 5 retry 2055474 to 2055475
tries 4 retry 2055474 to 2055475
tries 3 retry 2055474 to 2055475
tries 2 retry 2055474 to 2055475
tries 1 retry 2055474 to 2055475
tries 0 retry 2055474 to 2055475
read error 2055474 to 2055475, max 4137360, io->read_error 0

Read errors will definitely cause problems with making a backup.

ERROR: Unhandled exception in AIScanner()!!!!

Exit AI Scanner, drive D:, exit code -1, is_protected 128

ERROR: AI Scanner has failed, error -1!

The result of the read errors, I'd be willing to bet.

From your logs I believe that you have the CSS key archive enabled. Personally, I would disable it.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.5)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW SH-S182D SB06 0615
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Your DVD drive has no region set. It doesn't always cause problems but I generally recommend that people set the region on their DVD drive to the appropriate region. Not having it set can cause problems in some cases with handling the removal of CSS on the disc. This seems to me more common when Vista is the OS for some reason. I'd recommend setting this and seeing if the problem persists.

If setting the DVD drive region doesn't help then it's possible that you may have a flawed original disc or it's possible the packet-writing software you have installed is causing some issues.

Download Nero CD-DVD Speed (freeware). Run the program, and select the ScanDisc tab. Select the drive the original disc is in and click Start. I expect that you'll get the same read errors but you may wish to do it, anyway.

Personally, I recommend removing the packet-writing software altogether and setting the drive region. If the problem continues then it may very well be just a bad original disc.

Last edited:
I try everything but nothing has changed. I think is a bad disc...
Roxio software is no longer installed on my pc. I uninstalled it long time ago. Question:How can i uninstall the roxio/sonic drag and drop?
Thanks for your support

Most of the stuff listed here is what Drinklyeanddie has already mentioned. I'm just providing specific instructions on what to do to fix this stuff.

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

Remove Annoying adverts and trailers does not work properly with all discs, and may even make some unplayable. One way to test is to play the disc with that feature enable on your computer. If the original disc doesn't play properly then your backup won't either.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "Default" button. Click "ok".

Operating System: Windows Vista (32-bit)

Some discs won't work properly with Anydvd ripper and Clonedvd without Vista Service Pack 1. I don't know if this disc is one of them.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=12975 (and read Charlie's posts)

4. You have a bunch of packet writing junk on your system. I'm surprised your system can read anything.

Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Description: CDRAL Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

InCDPass (system32\drivers\InCDPass.sys), Version: 5.8.9.0 (5.8.9.0)
Product: InCD
Description: Nero InCD RW Filter Driver

incdrm (system32\drivers\InCDRm.sys), Version: 5.8.9.0 (5.8.9.0)
Product: InCD Reader
Description: Nero MRW Filter Driver

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version: 8.0.0.212 (8.0.0.212)
Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Place Holder Driver (see PxHelp)

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter. select "CDR4_XP". Click "remove selected filter". Select "InCDPass". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "incdrm". Click "Remove Selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind the programs that installed those filters may no longer function properly.

5. After doing all the steps listed previously, do this . . .
Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

I installed nero 8 on my pc. I cannot uninstall a nero writing packet. If i did probably nero 8 not work anymore. I tried to uninstall a roxio writing packet using ImgBurn but at every boot i always found the writing packet. I set my drive region (region 2). I disabled the css archive. I turned off the function for annoying messages and i made a scan using nero cd-dvd speed and i found some damaged and bad sectors. This probably means that the disc is a bad disc.
I read in the forum that other people have had problems with Heroes (DVD and HD-DVD version). :confused:
No hope of success...
Thanks for your support

Last edited:
Here's a new logfile...

Attachments

62.6 KB · Views: 2
  • TSSTcorpCD_DVDW_SH-S182D_SB06_02-March-2008_21_54.jpg
    TSSTcorpCD_DVDW_SH-S182D_SB06_02-March-2008_21_54.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi :)
It is possible to backup this disc.
I did it some time ago.
R2 UK*.
I used both AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 & AnyDVD/CloneCD to do this.
So it has to be disc related.
I agree with James.
Give it a go. ;)
*I realise there might be some differences, however my discs do have ITA option.

dadobit66 said:
If i did probably nero 8 not work anymore.

No. I own Nero 8. I don't have incd installed.

I tried to uninstall a roxio writing packet using ImgBurn but at every boot i always found the writing packet.

You did the following?

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter. select "CDR4_XP". Click "remove selected filter". Select "InCDPass". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "incdrm". Click "Remove Selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Here i am again...At least i definitively uninstalled all the sonic packet writing using imgburn but in the safe mode :agree:
I will do the same for incd...
Now i'm interesting in James and Zebadee suggestion but sincerely i do not know how...I have to use both anydvd and clonedvd2 and anydvd and clonecd. How can i use at the same time two different softwares to back up a disc? I'm very confused about it and what about James suggestion
Thanks to all the people.
I really appreciate your support...

I have to use both anydvd and clonedvd2 and anydvd and clonecd.

No. You can use either one.

How can i use at the same time two different softwares to back up a disc?

Not at the same time

After removing the incd filters with imgburn, just do this (because if you get read errors with Nero cd-dvd speed, there's no point trying to back the disc up):

Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited:
Ok. Nero cd-dvd speed has detected some bad sectors (red cluster) on the disc and some damaged sectors too (yellow cluster). I have to complete the test and then i have to try to use clonecd? :confused:

Ok. Nero cd-dvd speed has detected some bad sectors (red cluster) on the disc and some damaged sectors too (yellow cluster). I have to complete the test and then i have to try to use clonecd? :confused:

No. Your original disc is defective. Return it or exchange it.

If all the packet-writing software is gone then please create another log file in the same way you initially did and post it. If Nero CD-DVD Speed is still showing problems then it's quite likely that it's a bad original disc but I'd like to have a look at the log files anyway.

It's also likely that with these read errors showing up you'll find that CloneCD will also show read sector errors during the process of making a backup. In short, if the original is flawed then so will the backup.

Last edited:
I cannot return or exchange the disc because it plays fine on a standalone dvd player...

Playing fine on a standalone dvd player does not indicate that the disc is not defective. Just because a disc plays fine does not mean it is fine.

Do what Drinklyeanadie asked, but if all the packet writing software is removed on your system these are your options:

1. Clean your disc

2. Try a different drive to read the disc

3. Get a new disc that isn't defective

4. Use different software and create an imperfect backup since you'll be skipping over read errors

Last edited:
I cannot return or exchange the disc because it plays fine on a standalone dvd player...

Yes, you can. Today I was in a hurry and not home and tried to play a completely unprotected commercial disc in a friend's DVD player. It wouldn't play. I thought the disc was possibly faulty and not very happy. I got home and played it in my standalone DVD player and then also scanned it with Nero CD-DVD Speed on my computer. No errors and it literally has no protection.

The summary of the story is not all standalones are created equal. If your disc is bad your disc is bad and no place you purchased the dics from can tell you what your DVD player plays correctly or not. If all you are doing is returning the original disc for a replacement then you aren't doing anything wrong.

Ok...I'll try to exchange the disc tomorrow...Here's my new logfile.

Attachments

62.3 KB · Views: 2
Here's a new logfile using a different drive (it's a Sony dvd recorder)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_HEROES_01_06.zip
    5 KB · Views: 2
Back