• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping a DVD Audio soundtrack

Roundtree

Greetings Webslinger. I was just browsing the forum and I noticed your suggestion to use Exact Autio Copy to rip music (soundtracks) from (video) dvd's. If I am misinterpreting you please correct me as I am not directly quoting you.

I followed the link you gave, www.exactaudiocopy.de, and I read this from their FAQ:

Is it possible to extract audio digitally from a (Video) DVD?

Yes, but not using EAC and though it’s more manual work. For an unprotected DVD, the only hardware you will need is a DVD drive and a software to demultiplex the VOB files into the audio streams (usually compressed in AC3 or DTS). Then you need a programm to decompress these compressed files (a AC3 decompressor or a DTS decompressor).
“Real” Audio DVDs and SACD have a compression scheme that is not yet by software decodeable (MLP from Audio DVDs should be playable with some Creative hardware though).

I have several movie dvd's with beautiful soundtracks that I would like to hear apart from watching the movie.

Is there a way of extracting these soundtracks?

Greetings Webslinger. I was just browsing the forum and I noticed your suggestion to use Exact Autio Copy to rip music (soundtracks) from (video) dvd's.

No. I never said that. I was referring to audio cds.

I have several movie dvd's with beautiful soundtracks that I would like to hear apart from watching the movie.

Is there a way of extracting these soundtracks?

In my initial reply I forgot to reply to this last question.

No, you can't use EAC but yes it is possible.

You will, of course, need an unprotected DVD which would make using AnyDVD useful in this case. You may wish to look at something like ImToo DVD Audio Ripper.

Thanks for the information but I would prefer a freeware software. The product you suggested costs $29.

Do you know of any freeware that would do the job?

Thanks for the information but I would prefer a freeware software. The product you suggested costs $29.

Do you know of any freeware that would do the job?

Offhand, no. Do a Google search for "rip audio from dvd" or similar.

Last edited:
I did a google search and found a really simple but useful software. Its called DVD Audio Extractor. It offers a fully functional 30 free trial. You have the option of an audio and video preview of the movietracks before making an audio extraction. The option of viewing the video is a big help because then I know if its the beginning or end audio track that I am getting and I usually want one or both of these. Of course you have the option of choosing other audio tracks as well.

Ogg is the recommended audio format to rip to but you can choose MP3 or other formats. I chose Ogg and downloaded WinAmp to play it back. The two softwares together, DVD Audio Extractor and WinAmp, make a winning couple.

The purchase price of DVD Audio Extractor is $32.50.

I did a google search and found a really simple but useful software. Its called DVD Audio Extractor. It offers a fully functional 30 free trial. You have the option of an audio and video preview of the movietracks before making an audio extraction. The option of viewing the video is a big help because then I know if its the beginning or end audio track that I am getting and I usually want one or both of these. Of course you have the option of choosing other audio tracks as well.

I'm glad you found what you were looking for and thanks for the information. I'll check out this software. :)

Edit:

Is this the software from Computer Application Studio? If so, sadly, although they still offer a download link for v4.2.2 but it is now solely developed for Windows Vista as of v4.3.0 and people using Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME and Windows NT platforms are told to stick with v4.2.2. Blah.

Last edited:
I read your edit. Yes, the DVD Audio Extractor software is made by Computer Application Studio. I checked their website and you are correct in saying that the 4.30.0 version of the software is developed on Vista. My operating system is WinXP and I am not now experiencing any problems though admittedly I have only been using the software for a few days now.

By the way, I found some freeware that will rip audio from a dvd video. Anyone interested will have to check the system requirements themselves.

Here is the link http://pcwin.com/software/Dvd_Audio_Extractor/index-1.htm

I have taken the time to look at the freeware listed there and they all lack the option of playing back the chosen soundtrack before saving it to your pc, and the option to view the video portion from which the soundtrack is ripped. Both of these options are availabe in the shareware DVD Audio Extractor.

I don't know if its permitted to give links in a post so if I am out of order please let me know.

I read your edit. Yes, the DVD Audio Extractor software is made by Computer Application Studio. I checked their website and you are correct in saying that the 4.30.0 version of the software is developed on Vista. My operating system is WinXP and I am not now experiencing any problems though admittedly I have only been using the software for a few days now.

Thanks for this information. I've installed the trial and, yes, it appears to be working fine. :)

I don't know if its permitted to give links in a post so if I am out of order please let me know.

I have no issues with your posting this link. Some other forum members might find the information useful. Generally speaking, posting links is alright as long as it doesn't link to product that is in direct competition with Slysoft products and it doesn't break any forum rules (ie linking to cracks, etc). Of course, common sense always applies. :)

Back