• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What's with the slow process...

thegreatduke

I am wondering why has it taken so long for the blank DVD companies to make swift progression for faster burning speed blanks and drives. I mean we're still typically seeing 16x as the average fastest burn speed. I mean by now, you would think that you could burn in the 20 something speed range. Why are these companies so slow in making faster speeds?

About double layer DVDs...

Anyone have any ideas when faster burning speed double layer blank DVDs will be made? I mean 8x isn't quite fast enough especially when I have a lot of classic TV shows I own to back up. I recall back in 2006 when it was just 2x, and what a nightmare, it literally took 1 hour or more to burn a disc. So I stopped doing it since until they can make faster burning speeds for the double layer. And why do they only make DVD+R and not DVD-R for the blank double layer? Anyone know when they'll make faster burning discs and when the DVD-R version will be available?

Anyone have any ideas when faster burning speed double layer blank DVDs will be made?

Traxdata has announced 16x +R DL blank media, but no one who cares about quality burning is particularly interested.

One of the few burners that currently supports writing +R DL at 16x is the Samsung SH-S223 burner, and frankly I would trust Traxdata blank media nor writing to it at 16x.

And why do they only make DVD+R and not DVD-R for the blank double layer?

dvd-r DL blank media does exist, but it's a useless format. For one, you can't retain the original layer break position with -R DL blank media.

Please do not create multiple threads about related topics. Just ask your questions in the same thread please.

Companies are making faster drives. The Samsung SH-S223 offers a 22x write speed. But just because you are burning faster does not imply that you are also creating good quality burns.

Back