• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SnowBuddies

dude2063

Is anyone having problems with this title?

Everything is current. AnyDVD AI scanner displays this error when set on Disabled. When AI is set to Automatic it never finishes scanning the disc. I changed the setting to Disabled after waiting approx. 5 minutes for the AI (automatic) to finish scanning. Ample amount of time in my opinion.

Attachments

• SnowBuddies.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 10
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_SNB0NNW1.zip
    81.2 KB · Views: 11
Is anyone having problems with this title?

Everything is current. AnyDVD AI scanner displays this error when set on Disabled. When AI is set to Automatic it never finishes scanning the disc. I changed the setting to Disabled after waiting approx. 5 minutes for the AI (automatic) to finish scanning. Ample amount of time in my opinion.

Remove "Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!" this doesn't work well with disney releases.

Remove this as well.

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
InCDPass (System32\DRIVERS\InCDPass.sys), Version: 5.6.3.0 (5.6.3.0)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD
Copyright: Copyright 2007 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Ahead RW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 6, 3, 0
ProductVersion: 5, 6, 3, 0
incdrm (system32\drivers\incdrm.sys), Version: 5.6.3.0 (5.6.3.0)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD Reader
Copyright: Copyright 2007 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Nero MRW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 6, 3, 0
ProductVersion: 5, 6, 3, 0

This should cure your problem since you are on XP.

Thanks for the advice

Upon editing my registry and removing 2 files HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} (the Lowerfilter and Upperfilter files) rebooting my PC and Unchecking removing annoying adverts and trailers I was able to succesfully copy my movie. In case anyone else cares rechecking the remove annoying adverts and trailers option successfull copied now also.
P
I believe the problem was with N. INCD

Upon editing my registry and removing 2 files HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} (the Lowerfilter and Upperfilter files) rebooting my PC and Unchecking removing annoying adverts and trailers I was able to succesfully copy my movie. In case anyone else cares rechecking the remove annoying adverts and trailers option successfull copied now also.
P
I believe the problem was with N. INCD

Thanks for the information, dude2063. :)

A lot of people give us flack about asking people to remove Nero InCD and other filters that are known to be problematic. Here's an example where it again proved it can cause problems, sadly.

I'm glad you resolved your problem.

Thanks for the information, dude2063. :)

A lot of people give us flack about asking people to remove Nero InCD and other filters that are known to be problematic. Here's an example where it again proved it can cause problems, sadly.

I'm glad you resolved your problem.

Your welcome, and thank you.

To get a little more specific, upon removing Nero... and I mean everything that had to do with Nero (it took about 45 minutes) I rebooted and noticed when opening AnyDVD that it showed that I didn't have any optical drives. There was the long process of trying to figure out why no D or E dirve...process of elimination. I even went into my BIOS to disable and then reenable the drives (why not couldn't hurt). Nothing. Oh, I also tried reinstalling the firmware and drivers from the discs (wouldn't work from disc of course) and website which said they were already current. Windows couldn't repair the problem either. So, I copied and pasted the error message pertaining to my optical drives and googled it. The directions were to remove the 2 files (Upper and Lower filter within the registry)... I noticed that deep within these "2" files INCD was in the title, which tells me that it was associated with NERO!!! I then rebooted, reinstalled/ran (didn't remove) Anydvd 6.3.1.5 and tried again. Success

Remove "Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!" this doesn't work well with disney releases.

Remove this as well.

This should cure your problem since you are on XP.

Thank you Charlie for your time and suggestions.

Your welcome, and thank you.

To get a little more specific, upon removing Nero... and I mean everything that had to do with Nero (it took about 45 minutes) I rebooted and noticed when opening AnyDVD that it showed that I didn't have any optical drives. There was the long process of trying to figure out why no D or E dirve...process of elimination. I even went into my BIOS to disable and then reenable the drives (why not couldn't hurt). Nothing. Oh, I also tried reinstalling the firmware and drivers from the discs (wouldn't work from disc of course) and website which said they were already current. Windows couldn't repair the problem either. So, I copied and pasted the error message pertaining to my optical drives and googled it. The directions were to remove the 2 files (Upper and Lower filter within the registry)... I noticed that deep within these "2" files INCD was in the title, which tells me that it was associated with NERO!!! I then rebooted, reinstalled/ran (didn't remove) Anydvd 6.3.1.5 and tried again. Success

Nero itself shouldn't cause a problem. InCD installs the filters which cause the problem. For future reference if you have a problem with removing Nero they have an uninstall tool on their website. I once had an Nero update go bad and I could neither uninstall or update the software. The removal utility completely removed the entire Nero installation. You can also use ImgBurn to remove the specific InCD filters w/o needing to entirely remove all Upper & Lower filters.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that much of a hassle but I'm glad you worked things out. Don't fear installing Nero again if you want but just make sure you do not install InCD.

Last edited:
Nero itself shouldn't cause a problem. InCD installs the filters which cause the problem. For future reference if you have a problem with removing Nero they have an uninstall tool on their website. I once had an Nero update go bad and I could neither uninstall or update the software. The removal utility completely removed the entire Nero installation. You can also use ImgBurn to remove the specific InCD filters w/o needing to entirely remove all Upper & Lower filters.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that much of a hassle but I'm glad you worked things out. Don't fear installing Nero again if you want but just make sure you do not install InCD.

Thanks, will do.

SnowBuddies Revision

This is from a previous thread of mine and how it was troubleshot.

"To get a little more specific, upon removing Nero... and I mean everything that had to do with Nero (it took about 45 minutes) I rebooted and noticed when opening AnyDVD that it showed that I didn't have any optical drives. There was the long process of trying to figure out why no D or E dirve...process of elimination. I even went into my BIOS to disable and then reenable the drives (why not couldn't hurt). Nothing. Oh, I also tried reinstalling the firmware and drivers from the discs (wouldn't work from disc of course) and website which said they were already current. Windows couldn't repair the problem either. So, I copied and pasted the error message pertaining to my optical drives and googled it. The directions were to remove the 2 files (Upper and Lower filter within the registry)... I noticed that deep within these "2" files INCD was in the title, which tells me that it was associated with NERO!!! I then rebooted, reinstalled/ran (didn't remove) Anydvd 6.3.1.5 and tried again. Success"

Here is my revision after a little more troubleshooting a couple weeks later finally realizing what the problem actually was. It was not the Upper and Lower filter files in the registry with Nero's INCD that was causing the error message. It was plain old finger print smudges on the disc that resulted in that error message! However it was Nero's INCD files in the registry that showed no D or E optical drives, I believe.
After removing the files within the registry (INCD Upper/Lower filter files) and rebooting, the optical drives reappeared. Before I rebooted I removed SnowBuddies and set the Disc on the desk face down noticing all the finger prints completely covering the disc. Naturally I cleaned them off (should have looked before all this!) and reinserted the disk after the reboot. Then reran everything and it worked. I assumed that it was the files. It wasn't!!! I just tried today on the other computer previously attempted without removing the registry files and it worked.

If anyone recieves a copy protection error message and your little red fox has problems returning back to a darker red then I suggest checking for finger prints, especially if you've had the movie for a while and you decide you finally want to back it up.

Webslinger,
Please do not comment on this and thank you for your cooperation.;)

This is from a previous thread of mine and how it was troubleshot.

"To get a little more specific, upon removing Nero... and I mean everything that had to do with Nero (it took about 45 minutes) I rebooted and noticed when opening AnyDVD that it showed that I didn't have any optical drives. There was the long process of trying to figure out why no D or E dirve...process of elimination. I even went into my BIOS to disable and then reenable the drives (why not couldn't hurt). Nothing. Oh, I also tried reinstalling the firmware and drivers from the discs (wouldn't work from disc of course) and website which said they were already current. Windows couldn't repair the problem either. So, I copied and pasted the error message pertaining to my optical drives and googled it. The directions were to remove the 2 files (Upper and Lower filter within the registry)... I noticed that deep within these "2" files INCD was in the title, which tells me that it was associated with NERO!!! I then rebooted, reinstalled/ran (didn't remove) Anydvd 6.3.1.5 and tried again. Success"

Here is my revision after a little more troubleshooting a couple weeks later finally realizing what the problem actually was. It was not the Upper and Lower filter files in the registry with Nero's INCD that was causing the error message. It was plain old finger print smudges on the disc that resulted in that error message! However it was Nero's INCD files in the registry that showed no D or E optical drives, I believe.
After removing the files within the registry (INCD Upper/Lower filter files) and rebooting, the optical drives reappeared. Before I rebooted I removed SnowBuddies and set the Disc on the desk face down noticing all the finger prints completely covering the disc. Naturally I cleaned them off (should have looked before all this!) and reinserted the disk after the reboot. Then reran everything and it worked. I assumed that it was the files. It wasn't!!! I just tried today on the other computer previously attempted without removing the registry files and it worked.

Problematic filters such as those installed by packet-writing software historically cause some people problems. Unfortunately, you had a bad experience uninstalling Nero. I never have when performing a normal uninstall of Nero. That's an issue to take up with Nero because their uninstaller obviously has some issues.

I'm glad to hear that you resolved your problem with the disc.

If anyone recieves a copy protection error message and your little red fox has problems returning back to a darker red then I suggest checking for finger prints, especially if you've had the movie for a while and you decide you finally want to back it up.

I would recommend everyone to actually look at your disc before putting it in your DVD drive or your standalone player. I consider this a given. It's common sense. In this case the problem was only fingerprints. There are worse things that could be seen if you look such as small cracks, etc. Not knowing and then popping a disc into the drive could result in physically damaging your drive.

Last edited:
Do not create multiple threads about the exact same thing. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=87585&postcount=4 and read fully

Webslinger,
Please do not comment on this and thank you for your cooperation.

The winking emotion does not please me in the least, and the next time you want to try telling me what to do with respect to what I respond to on these forums, think twice.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=87585#post87585

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

I have let some of your previous snide remarks (and some that you've deleted which we, the moderators, can still read) slide before.

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

Last edited:
if you have a problem with removing Nero they have an uninstall tool on their website

That Incd clean tool has an unfortunate side affect of causing problems with systems containing Anydvd and Clonedvd; drives aren't recognized and can disappear (sound familiar)? I've, in the past, made someone at that point reinstall Anydvd and Clonedvd (problem was then fixed).

Last edited:
That Incd clean tool has an unfortunate side affect of causing problems with systems containing Anydvd and Clonedvd; drives aren't recognized and can disappear (sound familiar)? I've, in the past, made someone at that point reinstall Anydvd and Clonedvd (problem was then fixed).

I have used the Nero Clean Tool in the past due to a hosed Nero update. I don't recall losing my drives, though. :confused: Maybe I have just forgotten. Oh well, in any case, sadly the Nero uninstaller doesn't fully remove everything but it's good to warn people about the Clean Tool.

I have used the Nero Clean Tool in the past due to a hosed Nero update. I don't recall losing my drives, though.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=91571&postcount=5
and
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21986&postcount=9 (I believe shortly thereafter I have never suggested using the Nero Clean tool again)

If people use the imgburn method that I typically post of simply removing the incd filters that problem doesn't happen. But the solution (if that occurs after using the clean tool, which typically does happen) at that point is to reinstall Anydvd and reboot.

So that Clean Tool is not a good idea, really (unless you know what you're doing, and most . . . well . . .).

Last edited:
FYI, if you specify a Lower Drive Filter in the Windows registry, but there is no matching file on the system for the filter, Windows responds by completely shutting down all optical drives. You get no error message or anything, the system simply operates as if the cables connecting your optical drives to your motherboard have been cut... i.e., as if there were no optical drives connected at all.

It would be nice if Microsoft patched this with a proper error message.

In the case of the original poster, he had uninstalled Nero (which removed the InCD files), but for some reason, the uninstaller left the drive filters specified in the Windows registry, which caused the problem of the disappearing optical drives.

FYI, if you specify a Lower Drive Filter in the Windows registry, but there is no matching file on the system for the filter, Windows responds by completely shutting down all optical drives.

Yeah, the filters in the registry do require matching .sys driver files in order for drives to show up.

In the case of the original poster, he had uninstalled Nero (which removed the InCD files), but for some reason, the uninstaller left the drive filters specified in the Windows registry, which caused the problem of the disappearing optical drives.

Yes, with respect to dude2063, what you wrote seems possible to me. But if Nero Clean Tool doesn't remove Incd filter registry entries, then why are they gone here after using the Clean Tool? http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21986&postcount=9. Did Nero bork their clean tool even more since then?

I simply don't trust that program. Regardless of what's going on, it doesn't appear to be doing its job properly.

Last edited:
Back