• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

trouble with ratatoullie and xxx state of the union

tommytx1

I am having the same problem with both after running slysoft anydvd I try to copy using roxio media creator 10 and all goes well at 1st then after being prompted to insert a dvd-dl it starts to run then stops and says I need to insert another blank dvd-dl after doing this for about ten times I realized it has something to do with these 2 discs I've had no problem with any other discs so far "over a year" now. this is a copy of the screen. Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.5)
SONY DVD+-RW DW-Q58A UDS2 2006/03/19 17:56
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2097520 sectors (4096 MBytes)
Total size: 4070896 sectors (7950 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: RATATOUILLE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 26 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!) And this is a copy of one that works just fine. There is a difference between the two any help would be great. (Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.5)
SONY DVD+-RW DW-Q58A UDS2 2006/03/19 17:56
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1886992 sectors (3685 MBytes)
Total size: 3773976 sectors (7371 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CHARLIE_CHOCOLATE_FACTORY_D1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.6 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14133

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

Also do this.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in DVD neXt COPY Support Forum, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the DVD neXt COPY Support forum)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

I am still unable to copy ratatoulli I installed anydvd 6.3.1.6 and got the same results any other sugestions the creat a log thing was a little over my head I did create the log but wasn't sure what to do with it. I hope I did this right. Please let me know. I'll be out for a while but will check back in an hour or 2 from now 4:44 pm est. Thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_RATATOUILLE.zip
    114.9 KB · Views: 3
I am still unable to copy ratatoulli I installed anydvd 6.3.1.6 and got the same results any other sugestions the creat a log thing was a little over my head I did create the log but wasn't sure what to do with it. I hope I did this right. Please let me know. I'll be out for a while but will check back in an hour or 2 from now 4:44 pm est. Thanks

You appear to have Sonic's Drive Letter Access packet writing software on your system, which may cause conflicts with Anydvd and other programs. If you need to drag and drop files to burn (as you would to a floppy disc), then use dvd-ram instead (and I suggest using a FAT file system with dvd-ram), which is more stable.

DRVMCDB (System32\Drivers\DRVMCDB.SYS), Version: 3.30.4.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.30.04a

DLACDBHM (System32\Drivers\DLACDBHM.SYS), Version: 5.20.2.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © 2004 Sonic Solutions
Description: Shared Driver Component
FileVersion: 5.20.02a

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "DRVMCDB". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "DLACDBHM". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind the programs that installed those filters will no longer work properly.

2. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware if possible.
If you don't know how to go about doing this, visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

3. Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into the burning program that you're using.

4. If you're going to use DL blank media, use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL only.

5. For "+R, +RW, +R DL" blank media, change the booktype of the blank media you're using to "dvd-rom", if your burner supports bitsetting changes. This step improves the chances of playability in/compatibility with (standalone, mostly) dvd players. The best way to do this is through the software that came with your burner (if possible).

Otherwise, use Nero cd-dvd speed to do this if you have to: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
This is a free program. (Insert the blank media in your burner. Select your burner in the drop down box at the top of the screen. Click "Extra", then "Bitsetting". Make the change to "dvd-rom" and click "set".)

If Nero cd-dvd speed doesn't work for you (options are greyed out), do this:

a) Download and install imgburn:
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
This is also a free program
b) Insert your blank media in your burner.
c) Select your burner in the "Destination" drop down box.
d) Click "Tools"-->"Drive"-->"Change Booktype"
e) Choose your burner type
f) Under "Change For:", select what you're using
g) If your current setting is "dvd-rom", leave everything alone and exit Imgburn and ignore step "h)"
h) Under "New setting", select "dvd-rom". Click "Change" and then "Ok". Exit Imgburn

Some drives lose their settings each time you eject, so you might have to do this each and every time before you burn.

You can skip this step if your burner defaults booktype to "dvd-rom" automatically with the various +R types of blank media.
You can also skip this step if you're using dvd-r, dvd-rw, or dvd-r dl blank media.

6. If you're using +R DL blank media, I recommend using this method with Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327 (follow the steps in the order they are listed)

7. If you're using normal single layer blank media, you may want to try this method with Clonedvd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow the steps in the order they are listed)

Last edited:
I think the problem is with the particular dvd(s) I just copied another dvd without a problem and have done so with dozens of others. The only two dvds I have ever had a problem with are ratatoullie and xxx state of the union and with both I tried other copies just to be sure it wasn't a bad dvd. I noticed that these two say the same thing about replacing bad sectors etc. I have updated my firmware on the burner and did update to the latest version of anydvd why is it only these two dvds out of so many others that are giving me trouble???

I think the problem is with the particular dvd(s)

No. Anydvd handles both of these titles.

You need to remove the Drive Letter Access packet writing junk on your system, and you need to rip first with Anydvd ripper (step 3 from my previous post). RATATOUILLE contains structural protection. And the Roxio burning program you're using can't handle structural protection without using Anydvd ripper first. Do not import that disc directly into your burning program with Anydvd running in the background. Use the rip from Anydvd ripper.

Did you follow the steps I outlined previously? If not, then you know what the problem is.

Here are some other titles that require Anydvd ripper: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

Last edited:
It worked!!!

Thanks I finally got it. I went back through the steps you gave me and it worked. Thanks :) Again!!

Back