• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Watching movies saved to hard drive

dolphinn33

I run both AnyDVD and CloneDVD and don't have any trouble burning DVD's, but when I save the movie to my hard drive I am unable to open the file to watch the movie. I get an error message that says windows doesn't know what program to use to open it. I don't get the option of selecting "open with." What do I need to do to be able to watch the movies that I save?

Also, can you save DVD files as .MPEG?
Thank you!

Can't watch movie saved to hard drive

I have been able to save movies to the hard drive doing what you mentioned, but once save I cannot open them and watch them. I get an error message "Windows cannot open this file." It won't open a .VOB, .IFO, or .BUP. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

dolphinn33 said:
What do I need to do to be able to watch the movies that I save?

Movie playback software. Poweverdvd and Windvd are popular choices

1. Run your movie playback software.

2. Select the folder that Clonedvd created from within your movie playback software. Do not select files.

Last edited:
I don't get the option of selecting "open with." What do I need to do to be able to watch the movies that I save?

In "Open With"...select Media Player or download a third party software such as AVS DVD Player.

Sorry about the double post,that was my first post and it was an accident.

Thanks for the responses. I still haven't been able to get it to playback. I have Dell MediaDirect,which came with my computer and Windows Media Player. I have tried both and still can't play a movie from the hard drive.
Thanks!

Thanks lario48...i downloaded the media player classic and it finally worked! Thanks for the help!:rock:

Sorry about the double post,that was my first post and it was an accident.

It wasn't a double post. You created a thread--and then you posted/responded to another thread. I merged your other post from a different forum into this thread. Not a big deal, but please remain in this thread for this particular issue. Otherwise, troubleshooting becomes more difficult since we have to read multiple threads. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.6 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=92414&postcount=1

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.5 to rip. Select "Clone Dvd" from Clonedvd's main menu. Select "dvd+/-r DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd. Select "dvd files" as the output method in Clonedvd. This will ensure all the video from the disc will be on your hard drive, uncompressed.

4. Remove the original dvd from your drive.

5. Run your dvd playback software.

6. Look for an option that lets you select files or folders as the source from within your dvd playback software. Select the video_ts folder that Clonedvd created in step 3.

Last edited:
Thanks lario48...i downloaded the media player classic and it finally worked! Thanks for the help!:rock:

You're quite welcome! No bells and whistles, but it gets the job done. :agree:

Back