• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD Compression

mthmannc

I am realatively new to this and am constantly having an error from CloneDVD that says that the multimedia is insufficient to transfer data. I am using Verbatum DVD+R and was under the impression that CloneDVD would compress. Should I be using DVD-R?

clonedvd compression error message

The error was:

The writing to video media was not successful:

source data too large

This writer is not capable of writing the source data as requested.

To write these DVD files please use "Copy DVD Titles" or "Clone DVD " option from the start screen.

(I was using the "Clone DVD" Option)

I have CloneDVD 2.9.0.3, AnyDVD 6.1.1.4

I use a MADDOG Burner model MD-16XDVD9-8XE

I have had this problem with all the discs I try to burn.

I use Verbatim DVD+R discs

Hope this helps.

The error was:

The writing to video media was not successful:

source data too large

This writer is not capable of writing the source data as requested.

To write these DVD files please use "Copy DVD Titles" or "Clone DVD " option from the start screen.

(I was using the "Clone DVD" Option)

I have CloneDVD 2.9.0.3, AnyDVD 6.1.1.4

I use a MADDOG Burner model MD-16XDVD9-8XE

I have had this problem with all the discs I try to burn.

I use Verbatim DVD+R discs

Hope this helps.

Do you have DVD5 selected? (next to quality bar, title configuration page)

dvd 5

I am retrying it with dvd5 selected. I will let you know if it works.

Dvd5

It appears to be working using DVD5 but the write time is over 60 minutes. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Double layer back ups

Is it worth it to purchase DL DVDs for back ups?

It appears to be working using DVD5 but the write time is over 60 minutes. Is this normal?
A DMA check may not be at issue for mthmannc. If I'm reading between the lines correctly, my guess is that although mthmannc, "being new to this", is posting 60 minutes as his "write time", what he really means is that it is the elapsed time for both the rip, the compression and the burn. In this case, 60 minutes is fine for a backup compressed from a DL original and burned to completion.

Whisperer

Last edited:
I have it set to 'maximum'.

Just to clarify, are you ceartain this is for the actual burn stage? Or is it the time displayed after you click "go" on the output method page, and proceed to the page titled "Writing to recordable media". (At this point compressing will take place to a temporary file before the actual dvd burning takes place.
As Whisperer has stated, this amount of time would be acceptable, for the complete start to finish process.

I am pretty sure it was burn time only. I will time the next one.

I am pretty sure it was burn time only. I will time the next one.
Ok, but keep in mind, that there are two stages to the page entitled "Writing to recordable media". The first stage being the transcoding that must be done, so the material being backed up can fit onto a DVD5 disk. (This would not be the actual time required for your burner to actually write the file to DVD.)

I really think we're on the right track now ... many people think that they are burning from the second they press "GO".

mthmannc, what is the elapsed time from pressing "GO" until the burned backup media ejects from the burner?

Someone should also mention that choosing "Maximum" for a burn speed is rarely a good choice (Oh!... I just did mention it :doh: ) ... Or you may have another problem to be posting about. Use that drop down menu box to lower the burn speed down at least one notch below the rated speed of the blank media you bought.

Best regards,
Whisperer

Last edited:
Someone should also mention that choosing "Maximum" for a burn speed is rarely a good choice (Oh!... I just did mention it :doh: ) ... Or you may have another problem to be posting about. Use that drop down menu box to lower the burn speed down at least one notch below the rated speed of the blank media you bought.

Best regards,
Whisperer

Sound advice Whisperer. :agree: A minute or 2 saved is not worth sacrificing quality.

I will make all these changes and tiume my next burn and post it for you. Thanks for all the help.

Back