• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

power dvd ultra 7.3.3120.0 couple ?'s please

stinman>=

I have this version of pdvd ultra,came on my new pc and will play from hdd.Not tried blu or hd-dvd yet.I do have a multi drive to do this,I do not have the HD upgrade for anydvd yet.How can I make pdvd to stop asking for me to update to newest version,I defiantly don't want that.Isn't there a place in the registry,like run once,or something like that that tells it to check every so often.I did this to another program one time I just do not remember where it was at in the registry.
Any help would be most appreciated!:rock:

Pdvd 7.3.3120

This version does play from hard drive.It will not play the new "30 days of night"
it says it needs to update.I guess that will take it to the latest version that will not play from hard drive.How do you use the daemon tools virtual drive?I have the light version,is this the wrong one?I read some where on this forum where people were getting patches to roll back their new versions of PDVD to 7.3.319a
Does anyone know about this? Thanks

I may be wrong but most users are still using V3319a of PowertoDVDUltra, and yes I have heard that it will not playback hd or bluray movies from the hdd. You should always save the old install files but if you look hard enough you can still find that version. Google is your friend.8)

Pdvd 7.3.3120

This PC-Gateway GM5664 AMD 9600 Quad core processors came with the GGC-H20N BD/HD-DVD/DVD multi drive and PDVD Ultra all ready installed.Plus it would not even play the disk last night,said it needed a critical component update for the disk to play,plus Oceans 13 had black bars all around the movie.Made it look like it was on a 22 in instead of a 47 in.I guess I got to update it.Anydvd said it needed a update to scan the movie 30 days of night but it said that the trial version can not update,is this correct? I have had anydvd for 3 years.I did not upgrade when it first came out because I had no pc capable of playing HD.I just wanted to see how it worked before forkin up the extra cash.I have not applied my key yet.So it seems like I will not get to test it out anyway.:(

Anydvd said it needed a update to scan the movie 30 days of night but it said that the trial version can not update,is this correct?

Correct. Trial versions cannot communicate with the server to handle discs released after the most recent AnyDVD HD update.

I have had anydvd for 3 years.I did not upgrade when it first came out because I had no pc capable of playing HD.I just wanted to see how it worked before forkin up the extra cash.I have not applied my key yet.So it seems like I will not get to test it out anyway.:(

To see how well AnyDVD HD works use it on an older HD-DVD or BD disc.

Last edited:
I have not applied my key yet

I don't understand. You claim you want to test Anydvd HD before buying, but you have a key that you haven't applied. Doesn't that mean you've already paid?

Or do you only own Anydvd? If so, how is it still working 3 years later if you haven't applied your key?

He has to mean the regular AnyDVD key because there was no AnyDVDhd 3 years ago. I think stinman needs to buy the AnyDVDhd upgrade key to try it on his new drive.

A new player

I think the answer is for slysoft just to come up with it's own player that will take of everything.
I'll pay for that.
One day.

I only have anydvd not hd part must work this pdvd out first

That aside,it is really useless to me now.I had to update the version of Pdvd 7.3
my ver is 7.3.3514.0 now. I did not want to update.When I was playing with this pc at BBuy before I bought it I read the ver of Pdvd and along with the multi drive played a big part in me buying this pc.It played The Great Raid fine.When I put in 30 Days of Night it wouldn't play or Oceans 13(it still won't play ocean 13) In the older ver or Pdvd it played in windowed mode only,30 days of night it poped up that it needs a update to play newer BD's.I updated and it played great but no more playing from HDD,SD dvd's wil though. I read hear that people were going back to the 7.3.3319a some how.I have googled this only to come up with some p2p sites and hacked versions.I did get a rar file that is this ver but I sure don't know how to open it. I also read that some of you guy's here are using daemon tools and imgburn to load into Pdvd.I have imgburn2400 and got daemon tool lite but can not figure it out.Is there any links for instructions for this procedure.I have searched this site but I must not be wording it right in the search tool.Somebody please give me a shove in the right direction.:confused:
I sure would appreciate some help How much is the HD upgrade now since the switch to euro?Thanks

still working after 3 years

I don't understand. You claim you want to test Anydvd HD before buying, but you have a key that you haven't applied. Doesn't that mean you've already paid?

Or do you only own Anydvd? If so, how is it still working 3 years later if you haven't applied your key?

I just bought new pc,still have old one.I also got clonedvd2 I backed up my key and transfered them to the new pc with a usb HDD.I applied the key to clonedvd and it worked fine and is in my name.After downloading anydvd the hd part is active on a new download,once I apply my key the HD part is over until I upgrade. I actually asked you or replied with a ? if I would be able to test it for a few days before I added my key because I just got this pc with High def capabilities and wanted to see how it worked.Us owners of keys for our product never did get to test the upgrade we just had to buy it.If I would of had HD capabilities when it came out I would of bought it then,been much cheaper,$30.00 I think it was.

This PC-Gateway GM5664 AMD 9600 Quad core processors came with the GGC-H20N BD/HD-DVD/DVD multi drive and PDVD Ultra all ready installed.Plus it would not even play the disk last night,said it needed a critical component update for the disk to play,plus Oceans 13 had black bars all around the movie.Made it look like it was on a 22 in instead of a 47 in.I guess I got to update it.Anydvd said it needed a update to scan the movie 30 days of night but it said that the trial version can not update,is this correct? I have had anydvd for 3 years.I did not upgrade when it first came out because I had no pc capable of playing HD.I just wanted to see how it worked before forkin up the extra cash.I have not applied my key yet.So it seems like I will not get to test it out anyway.:(

When it asks you to upgrade due to needing a 'critical component' go ahead and download the up date but save it to disc rather than just installing it. I've found that it's just another build of PowerDVD and on all 5 of the machines I've done in the past week the 'critical component' has turned out to be build 3319 which then allows me to play from BD-R and from the harddrive

On my old HP m1070n MCE PC I’ve found that there are a number of different ways to reinstate the preinstalled software but one of the first things I did was make a complete system backup with a third party backup utility. There is also an HP Recover set of discs which I have discovered that I can manually extract any preinstalled application from and therefore install individually as needed. There is also a recover partition on the HDD.

My suggestion to you would obviously be to have backed up your system before making changes but also to look for ways to recover your originally installed version. That is unless you want to go looking online for what you essentially already had.

Adbear suggestion might work though. Using a BD-R or BD-RE disc may trigger a critical update that installs an earlier version but this may not continue for long if Cyberlink fixes this issue

download to cd

When it asks you to upgrade due to needing a 'critical component' go ahead and download the up date but save it to disc rather than just installing it. I've found that it's just another build of PowerDVD and on all 5 of the machines I've done in the past week the 'critical component' has turned out to be build 3319 which then allows me to play from BD-R and from the harddrive

I all ready let it do it's thing because it stopped playing new movies,The version I got was 7.3.3514.0.I read in a post here that they were updating to 3516 on some.I just want to get 3319a or any ver that will play from HDD.It's weird it will play standard dvd's from HDD,just not BD, I haven't tried HD-DVD yet,I don't have any.As soon as they come down to 10,12 bucks I will.

Suggestions

On my old HP m1070n MCE PC I’ve found that there are a number of different ways to reinstate the preinstalled software but one of the first things I did was make a complete system backup with a third party backup utility. There is also an HP Recover set of discs which I have discovered that I can manually extract any preinstalled application from and therefore install individually as needed. There is also a recover partition on the HDD.

My suggestion to you would obviously be to have backed up your system before making changes but also to look for ways to recover your originally installed version. That is unless you want to go looking online for what you essentially already had.

Adbear suggestion might work though. Using a BD-R or BD-RE disc may trigger a critical update that installs an earlier version but this may not continue for long if Cyberlink fixes this issue

I have not backed up,but there is a recovery partition I could use.The pc is still a baby,only 14 days old.The whole operating system was just loaded in Nov. 26-07.I haven't even got all my stuff transfered from old yet.Thats still my last resort.No matter how,I still got to get that version.I just got to figure out how! I will eventually,hopefully

Well I don't know what it's doing for you, but for me the LG drive comes with 3516a, you can go to the website and download 3516b for the LG drive, but then after doing that I put in a BD-re and it told me it needed a critical update to play the disc. Originally I said no, it it then didn't recognise the BD-RE, so next time I said yes and it downloaded a 68mb file which after installing gave me version 3319

Well I don't know what it's doing for you, but for me the LG drive comes with 3516a, you can go to the website and download 3516b for the LG drive, but then after doing that I put in a BD-re and it told me it needed a critical update to play the disc. Originally I said no, it it then didn't recognise the BD-RE, so next time I said yes and it downloaded a 68mb file which after installing gave me version 3319

Do you have a file name on the critical update you downloaded?

The reason I ask is that we can simply contact Cyberlink and request the update directly from them if they don’t offer it on their main download web page and if we cannot recreate the prompt.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know what it's doing for you

Hi,I started out with vr 7.3.3120.0 of power dvd ultra and it would play from hdd I played 'The Great Raid" from there. A few days later I tried to play Oceans 13 and it said it needed a component update to play newer bd disk.I refused and it played but only in window mode. I loaded "30 Days of Night" and same thing happened,when I refused it only played black screen. I went ahead and let it update so I could watch the show and it did work,Oceans 13 still won't play though.These are all from the original disk. I went into program files /cyberlink/pdvd/ and went through all the files till I came up to application I R clicked it and select properties and got this vr num 7.3.3514.0.When I click on the "about" icon in pdvd window it only says 7.3,it does not give any other numbers.Thats how I got to where I am now.That was just friday 2/29/08.Hopefully I can get to where you are at.When was your update done and what drive do you have.I have the HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20N scsi cd Rom 101 firmware. It reads bd/hd-dvd/dvd+-/cd and writes dvd/cd.That first vr num is what came with it,like I said it's only few weeks old.

after you've clicked on 'about' you then click on your name in the 'licensed to' box and you get a lot more information come up

file name

Do you have a file name on the critical update you downloaded?

The reason I ask is that we can simply contact Cyberlink and request the update directly from them if they don’t offer it on their main download web page and if we cannot recreate the prompt.

Thanks in advance!

yes here it is file version 4.0.100.1190,power dvd,product version 7.3,type application,file size 69.1 mb

more info

after you've clicked on 'about' you then click on your name in the 'licensed to' box and you get a lot more information come up

Thanks I did not know that, I did this and I to have version 7.3.3516a.0,the 3514.0 number I was reading was something else,file version or something.

Last edited:
Back