• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region Code issue

jpw94

I am sure this is a user error.
I use AnyDVD and 1Click pro to backup my dvds.
However, I have recently run into a problem where, when running under Vista Media Center using MyMovies, I get a DVD error. After much experimentation, I sensed that something was wrong with the actual copying. ZoomPlayer failed indicating a region code issue. So, when I used the rip function of AnyDVD, it WORKED! However, this doesn't allow me to select what I'd like to copy.

I hope this makes sense. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Arghhh! I spoke too soon. I can't seem to get a good copy that will run with MyMovies and VMC.

I did ripDVD from AnyDVD and received the "DVD Error".

Any more thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.1.6 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=92414&postcount=1

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use the latest Clonedvd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=84511&postcount=1

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A) a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

I have the beta software of AnyDVD as you suggested.
To clarify, I am NOT receiving any errors from AnyDVD. I'm sorry if I had led you to believe that.

The error occurs when I try to run a DVD which I have copied to a hard disk.
Then, when trying to play the dvd from Windows Media Center (Vista) and MyMovies the DVD ERROR occurs.

I suppose I should try running the file directly. what do you suggest? purchasing PowerDVD or TheaterTek to run it?

The issues I am citing have nothing to do with trying to copy to another DVD.

Thanks in advance.

The error

What is the full error message?

occurs when I try to run a DVD which I have copied to a hard disk.

Using what method to rip?

Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

Select the folder that Anydvd ripper creates on your harddrive from within your playback software.

I used "Rip video-DVD to Hard Drive".
It still produced the error which, again, comes from Windows Media Center, indicating there was a DVD Error and that I needed to re-start Media Center.

I am in the process of now using 1Click DVD Copy to copy the result of the AnyDVD rip and put it into another directory on the hard drive. We'll see how that works.

I have two questions:
1. Should I be using something like Power DVD? If so, what is your recommendation?
2. Do I own CloneDVD as a licensed owner of AnyDVD Hd?

Thanks in advance.

I used "Rip video-DVD to Hard Drive".
It still produced the error which, again, comes from Windows Media Center, indicating there was a DVD Error and that I needed to re-start Media Center.

Do you have any dvd playback software on your computer? You are selecting the video_ts folder as the source, right?

1. You need to run your dvd playback software.

2. From within your dvd playbacks software, select, as the source, the video_ts folder that Anydvd ripper created

I am in the process of now using 1Click DVD Copy to copy the result of the AnyDVD rip and put it into another directory on the hard drive.

All that's going to do is compress the video so that it will fit onto a single layer blank disc. Consequently, the picture quality will be reduced.

1. Should I be using something like Power DVD? If so, what is your recommendation?

Well, you do need some sort of dvd playback software. Do you not have anything such as Powerdvd, Windvd, Arcsoft Total Media Theatre, TheaterTek DVD, or Media Player Classic on your system? Media Player Classic is a free program. You can google it

Do I own CloneDVD as a licensed owner of AnyDVD Hd?

No. That's a separate program. And a full disc uncompressed rip from Clonedvd will produce the exact same result as using Anydvd ripper.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the prompt help.

I do not have anything on my system right now. I thought Windows Media Center would have some type of playback software. I can say that there ARE some movies on my hard drive which I have backed up using 1Click and AnyDVD in the past and they do play. So, I am totally confused why this is happening at this point.

I'll be glad to purchase PowerDVD if that is the right thing to do.

I can say that there ARE some movies on my hard drive which I have backed up using 1Click and AnyDVD in the past and they do play.

Then you must have some sort of playback software on your system. What program is playing the movie?

. So, when I used the rip function of AnyDVD, it WORKED! However, this doesn't allow me to select what I'd like to copy.

I hope this makes sense. Any thoughts?

Yes. Let me revise. Rip with Clonedvd, and use Zoomplayer since you already own it.

Then, when trying to play the dvd from Windows Media Center (Vista) and MyMovies the DVD ERROR occurs.

What happens if you try to play the original dvd with Anydvd disabled?

Last edited:
Well, actually, I do not own Zoomplayer. I just used the trial version and didn't like it.

If I had to make a choice, which would you suggest? PDVD7, WinDVD or Zoom? I prefer convenience. :)

Then you must have some sort of playback software on your system. What program is playing the movie?

When I play a regular DVD, Windows Media Player plays it. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to start a movie which is stored on the hard drive.

Well, actually, I do not own Zoomplayer. I just used the trial version and didn't like it.

If I had to make a choice, which would you suggest? PDVD7, WinDVD or Zoom? I prefer convenience. :)

Well, Media Player Classic is free . . .
I am uncomfortable advising someone to pay money for something he may not like.

Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Uncheck "Enable Anydvd". Now attempt to play the original disc. What happens if you try to play the original dvd with Anydvd disabled from Windows Media Center and Mymovies?

Man, your help and patience is truly appreciated!

I can ALWAYS play the original directly from the disc. Never a problem there.
So, let me try to clarify as I believe I've created more confusion for you.

I have several movies which I was able to copy using 1click and AnyDVD (and DVD43 prior) which work under Windows Media Center (which I now believe uses Windows Media Player as the default player). I had a trial copy of TheaterTek and PowerDVD (you can see I'm an experimenter!) which I believe was the player. Since the trials have ended, I removed ALL media players which makes WMP the default player. I cannot say for sure if that is when this started to fail.

So, specifically:

1. Can I point WMP to play a "dvd" which has been copied to the hard disk using AnyDVD?

2. It's really worth spending the $$ to make all of this work (all I am trying to do is get a disk-based dvd-player environment); so, what player would be the best choice and would a commerical player bring have something which makes this work?

Thanks.

1. Can I point WMP to play a "dvd" which has been copied to the hard disk using AnyDVD?

Windows Media Player 11 does allow me to select "File"-->"Open". From there I can go to the folder that Anydvd ripper created-->Video_TS-->and "open" the "Video_TS.ifo" file. Windows Media Player 11 begins to play the movie.

If the movie doesn't play, you probably don't have a DVD decoder pack installed on your system, in which case you may want to
buy commercial dvd player software.

It's really worth spending the $$ to make all of this work (all I am trying to do is get a disk-based dvd-player environment); so, what player would be the best choice and would a commerical player bring have something which makes this work?

Really, any commercial dvd player software should give you the capacity to play dvd movies ripped by Anydvd from your hard drive. Simply try the trials of Powerdvd and Windvd. See if you like them.

Since the trials have ended, I removed ALL media players which makes WMP the default player. I cannot say for sure if that is when this started to fail.

That is likely the problem.

Last edited:
ok, now i think i might have some meaning information.

when i am in Windows Media Center using MyMovies (which BTW they recommend AnyDVD!) i get an error trying to play the movie. However, if PowerDVD is launched, then it works in the application, no problem.

So, I am thinking that perhaps this is now an issue with MyMovies in that it is not launching PowerDVD as the default player?

So, I am thinking that perhaps this is now an issue with MyMovies in that it is not launching PowerDVD as the default player?

That could very well be the problem (perhaps there is a setting in MyMovies to tell the program what dvd playback software you want it to launch; I don't know because I don't use MyMovies). This certainly is not an Anydvd issue at this point.

Back