• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Support ends for Netscape

Me either. It was pretty lean and was based on Firefox but I actually thought that a clean install of Netscape 9.0.0.x was snappier than a clean install of Firefox. I read somewhere it was optimized a bit but I forget where.

People can pick from SeaMonkey [without the extra junk], Firefox and K-Meleon now.

Hi :)
As Netscape was around first.
I thought it was FireFox who had borrowed heavily on the other.
Certainly in the early days.

Hi :)
As Netscape was around first.
I thought it was FireFox who had borrowed heavily on the other.
Certainly in the early days.

Yeah, it is pretty silly and complex. The SeaMonkey Project was the continuation of Netscape Communicator 4.x and the complete rewrite of the browser & mail/newsreader when the Mozilla Foundation was formed. Later they switched and focused more on Firefox as a standalone browser. I honestly thought the SeaMonkey Project had been shelved but it's still releasing updates. Nonetheless, AOL decided to use Firefox for the basis of Netscape 9.

RIP Netscape. The browser was all they had left and now that's gone, too.

Last edited:
I used Netscape back in the 4.0 days but after that it was always slow so I dumped it.

Back