• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

West Wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

outremer84

Trying to burn Region 1 west wing. When reading from the dvd at around five percent, error:

'ps 12'

appears in the log. Have any DVD running concurrently. Can anyone help?

1) Update to Anydvd 6.1.3.6 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=92414&postcount=1

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button. Click "ok".

3. Ensure that you are running Clonedvd 2.9.1.5

4. a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

That can't be the full error message.

5) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

that's the only thing that comes up in the clonedvd log

'ps 12'

unless there's a more comprehensive error report somewhere

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_WEST_WING_S1D1.zip
    92.2 KB · Views: 2
What color is the bottom of the original disc?

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2286112 sectors (4465 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: WEST_WING_S1D1
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

This does not seem like an original disc to me.

1 layer, no css, no region coding

yeah, that's the only thing that comes up in the details box. those four characters

doesn't seem coloured at all to me. There are far eastern characters on it if that helps. Just came through post. Assumed a chinese box set

doesn't seem coloured at all to me. There are far eastern characters on it if that helps. Just came through post. Assumed a chinese box set

Pirated discs

I can't help you

Trying to burn Region 1 west wing

A valid Region 1 disc of West Wing is not region free

Last edited:
will have to take it up with the person who sold them to me. regardless, there's no way of backing up this type of disk? seems strange

will have to take it up with the person who sold them to me. regardless, there's no way of backing up this type of disk? seems strange

For legal and personal reasons I can not respond further.

But I bet your original pirated disc contains highly compressed video (made to fit onto a single layer disc), and, consequently, I also bet the video quality on your pirated disc is inferior to the original.

Last edited:
sorry, maybe i wasn't clear. bully for you means good for you. if you're that condescending that you announce you're not talking to me anymore, must make you feel oh so morally superior.

yeah, it looks like i've tried to save a tenner ($20) on the boxset on amazon marketplace and have been fleeced. no need to be rude. didn't know they were pirated till you told me. and i'm trusting your opinion. might not be. you know what i've told you.

"let he who eats not judge he who eats"

sorry, maybe i wasn't clear. bully for you means good for you.

I know what "bully for you" means; you meant it sarcastically (as an insult).

if you're that condescending that you announce you're not talking to me anymore, must make you feel oh so morally superior.

What I meant was that I can not assist you with pirated material. I didn't mean that I'm not talking to you anymore.

yeah, it looks like i've tried to save a tenner ($20) on the boxset on amazon marketplace and have been fleeced. no need to be rude.

I never was, nor did I imply that you knew you were buying pirated material.

I can not help you with pirated material, and I feel it would be in your best interest to demand your money back and boycott the seller.

Last edited:
While the laws differ in different places around the world the rules for the forum are that help will not be given in copying rentals regardless of where the person asking for help is from. This is a blanket rule. Following along the lines of that, helping with making backups of pirated discs is something we also won't support. We can't help you. That's just how it works.

Webslinger isn't being condescending in saying he can't help you further. I suggest you contact the person you bought the disc(s) from and request/demand a refund. You have purchased what are almost certainly pirated copies of the series. The quality will be less and as you are experiencing, you cannot copy the pirated copy. Saving the money ended up in causing more of a headache.

There isn't anything more to be said about this because the thread has run its course.

Let's be more civil in the future.

Thread closed. :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back