• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sub titles in Rendition

jcje

I tried riping Rendition with Any DVD then used DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 and DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0.
The copy plays perfectly, but like others who have posted, no sub-titles. Anyone know of settings I might have to change to get the subtitles to show up? I have had this proble with
one other movie with subtitles, just can't remember which one it was.

I tried riping Rendition with Any DVD then used DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 and DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0.
The copy plays perfectly, but like others who have posted, no sub-titles. Anyone know of settings I might have to change to get the subtitles to show up? I have had this proble with
one other movie with subtitles, just can't remember which one it was.

Anydvd doesn't affect subtitles.

Provided you chose to back them up with Shrink, simply hit the subtitle button on your remote control (or figure out what button you need to push to select the appropriate subtitle option).

Confused

Anydvd doesn't affect subtitles.

Provided you chose to back them up with Shrink, simply hit the subtitle button on your remote control (or figure out what button you need to push to select the appropriate subtitle option).

What does the Subtitle Transparency within the DVD video option of AnyDVD do then? It affects all my subtitles! It can affect the Transparency of Subtitles.

What does the Subtitle Transparency within the DVD video option of AnyDVD do then? It affects all my subtitles! It can affect the Transparency of Subtitles.

What you just posted has absolutely nothing to do jcje's problem. Anydvd does not remove nor affect subtitles at default settings while ripping.

Rendition has several subtitle options on the disc. The first is English for the entire movie, and the second is English for parts of the movie that aren't in English. Again, provided you chose to back the subtitles up with Shrink, simply hit the subtitle button on your remote control (or figure out what button you need to push to select the appropriate subtitle option) to choose the subtitles that you want while watching the movie.

This is not an Anydvd issue.

Last edited:
What you just posted has absolutely nothing to do jcje's problem. Anydvd does not remove nor affect subtitles at default settings while ripping.

Rendition has several subtitle options on the disc. The first is English for the entire movie, and the second is English for parts of the movie that aren't in English. Again, provided you chose to back the subtitles up with Shrink, simply hit the subtitle button on your remote control (or figure out what button you need to push to select the appropriate subtitle option) to choose the subtitles that you want while watching the movie.

This is not an Anydvd issue.

Please "reread" my response. Affect? In my opinion it affects subtitles in regards to the transparency. ADVD Remove? Not in my response!
ADVD issue? I did not imply it was an ADVD issue.

Here is my question now, moot point "in my opinion" though! If a person were to set the Transparency level to 0 within ADVD settings (0 = invisible) wouldn't the Subtitles appear to not be there?

I understand that I am probably getting in on the end of this problem/issue in regards to the Subtitles simply not being there, but I had to retort on the simple fact that ADVD does "Affect" the subtitles in a transparent way. I just thought I would try to add my 2 cents as this was the first thing I thought about when I read the problem.

Please excuse my ignorance if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Please "reread" my response.

Once was enough. Please reread my response. At default settings, Anydvd does not affect subtitles while ripping.

In my opinion it affects subtitles in regards to the transparency.

This thread has nothing to do with subtitle transparency. Yes, Anydvd can make subtitles disappear if the subtitle transparency setting is at "0". Regardless, this isn't the issue here. Period.

This isn't your thread about your problem or questions. This is jcje's thread about jcje's problem.

I understand that I am probably getting in on the end of this problem/issue in regards to the Subtitles simply not being there, but I had to retort on the simple fact that ADVD does "Affect" the subtitles in a transparent way. I just thought I would try to add my 2 cents as this was the first thing I thought about when I read the problem.

Please excuse my ignorance if I am wrong.

You are. jcje's problem has nothing to with subtitle transparency. And what you're posting here is tantamount to thread hijacking.

Last edited:
Okay...

(1) If the disc is ripped just using AnyDVD do the sub-titles work correctly? Since AnyDVD doesn't mess with sub-titles the answer must be yes.

(2) If the disc is ripped with CloneDVD & AnyDVD running in the background do the sub-titles work correctly? I can give a definitive yes to this because I know for a fact that it works.

(3) If the disc is ripped with DVD Shrink & AnyDVD running in the background do the sub-titles work correctly? It appears not.

Now, which one of these does not belong with the others? Hmmm... Through simple logic one can deduce that the culprit is DVD Shrink.

Last edited:
Webslinger said:
DrinkLyeAndDie said:
If the disc is ripped with DVD Shrink & AnyDVD running in the background do the sub-titles work correctly? It appears not.

Rendition requires Anydvd ripper for use with Shrink for a proper full disc backup.

I misworded that. :eek: I meant to say using DVD Shrink & the AnyDVD ripper or more correctly the AnyDVD ripper and then processed with DVD Shrink.

Webslinger said:
DrinkLyeAndDie said:
Now, which one of these does not belong with the others? Hmmm... Through simple logic one can deduce that the culprit is DVD Shrink.

That must be why I moved this thread into the Third Party Products forum.

Utter insanity. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back