• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What programs do you use?

What programs do you use?

• Total voters
base on preference
1- Ripit4me/Recode2/IMGburn.
2- Ripit4me/shrink/IMGburn
Sometimes i use fabDecrypter intead of ripit4me but i trust ripit4me more than anything outthere. i do have anydvd but it is there just in case that others fail me. i like to work from the HD, reason why i don't use anydvd much. of course, i'm a main movie only man.

base on preference
1- Ripit4me/Recode2/IMGburn.
2- Ripit4me/shrink/IMGburn
Sometimes i use fabDecrypter intead of ripit4me but i trust ripit4me more than anything outthere. i do have anydvd but it is there just in case that others fail me. i like to work from the HD, reason why i don't use anydvd much. of course, i'm a main movie only man.
Main movie only saves compression. Usually a good idea.

I use DVD X Copy and Any DVD on one computer, and on my laptop I use DVD Shrink w/DVD Decrypter and Any DVD. I will have to give Clone DVD a try very soon.

Back-up Programs

AnyDVD
DVD43

1Click DVD Copy 5
CloneDVD
CloneCD

I have only had to use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink once, for a back-up of a movie that nothing else would work.

AnyDVD (HD) all the time, of course.

Usually I use CloneDVD2 (remastering) or CloneCD (for 1:1 backups).
Sometimes Shrink for "special purposes" (merging episodes, creating trailershows).

AnyDVD/CloneDVD has backed up EVERY DVD I own.

800 and counting! with 80 of those titles being TV series so nearly 1200 disc...

No reason to try something else...

AnyDVD/CloneDVD has backed up EVERY DVD I own.

800 and counting! with 80 of those titles being TV series so nearly 1200 disc...

No reason to try something else...

You have over 800 Movies!! Wow!!!

:clap: :bowdown:

I use almost all the time AnyDVD to rip and CloneDVD2 for menus and ISO file making/burning. I then use CloneCD to back up my CDs and burn any ISO files, while CloneDVD Mobile is used for my IPOD backing up, with DVD Shrink (so I can put the DVD stuff on a 4.7 GB DVD) and DVD Decrypter used often, and Nero Recode to burn, since I bought Nero 7 a few months back.

90% I'll use the AnyDVD/CloneDVD2/DVD Shrink/Nero combination for my burning stuff.

I have FixVTS, but I haven't tried it out yet though. Heard that it's good from all the people in this forum, so I'll try it eventually.

I'm always trying to have the best arsenal available for my DVD backups.

:agree:

Interesting poll. I think many of us, hobbyists use more than one program in there toolbox of proggies. But I think all of us use AnyDVD with these programs, it just makes them better.:clap:

I use DVD X Copy and Any DVD on one computer, and on my laptop I use DVD Shrink w/DVD Decrypter and Any DVD. I will have to give Clone DVD a try very soon.
You won't be making a mistake, have you tried the 21 day free trial? I am sure once you try it, you will buy it. It sells itself.:agree:

AnyDVD , Shrink , CloneDVD , CloneCD , Ripit4Me , Nero , DVD43 , DVD Decrypter

but 90% of the time its AnyDVD + CloneDVD.

AnyDVD, DVDFab DEcrypter, DVD 43, 1Click Pro, Clone DVD2, DVDFab 3 , Clone CD, Nero 6.6, Clone DVD Mobile.

I do have Shrink, ImageBurn and a few others but I never use them as they are more of hassle to use than anything else. Keep It Simple.

Between Slysoft, DVDFab and 1Click products I have not come across a DVD I could not backup. Anything below 120 minutes gets compressed, normally with all the junk removed prior, anything over 120 minutes gets split now. Results are usually perfect on a 36 inch screen.

Last edited:
Rippers

While I am a long time user of Shrink and Decrypter, and, prior to that, DVD X Copy, I find that I rely solely on Any DVD in conjuction with DVDClone. Great success with Verbatim disks (best quality) and allows me to remove all the annoying junk one item at a time as it allows a preview.:bowdown:

I use all Softs from Slysoft often, and for others problematic stuffs, nerorecode/backupHDD, just upgraded to AnyDvdHD, so Im excited, for the cross comparisons.

Re-edited:

I didnt know that. is that in cd freaks or in here?

Last edited:
Back