• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem w/WS DEATH AT A FUNERAL

filmczy

Please delete thread. Problem solved.

Last edited:
It is only CSS protected and nothing more.

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.3.1.5)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01 0822
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2277064 sectors (4447 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DEATH_AT_A_FUNERAL
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Just made a full rip just now of it with AnyDVD 6.1.3.5 and CloneDVD2 2.9.8.5.

Anyone else having problems with their drive reading the WS side of Death at a Funeral?

Can you be more specific please? What happens?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

I don't think it's a problem with AnyDvd.

When I insert the disc in either of my two drives, it kind of just sputters for a couple seconds then stops as if it simply can't read the disc. "My Computer" as well as AnyDvd reports there is no disc in either drive. I've repeated this process several times and even tried cleaning the disc but no luck. It's just strange that this would happen with two different copies of the same movie. I was curious to see if others were having this same problem with the WS side only.

Again, AnyDvd reads the FS side just fine, but not side "B" which is the WS edition. Other than that both my drives have never really had a problem reading discs.

I don't think it's a problem with AnyDvd.

This is how you check:

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Well, without any information no one can help. If the OP doesn't reply then this issue is moot.

My belief is the disc is bad because they say the FF side worked fine but the WS side did not. There should be no problems with the Region 1 release of this title for either the FF or WS sides. I can verify that one, myself.

Last edited:
Well, without any information no one can help. If the OP doesn't reply then this issue is moot.

My belief is the disc is bad because they say the FF side worked fine but the WS side did not. There should be no problems with the Region 1 release of this title for either the FF or WS sides. I can verify that one, myself.

I believe you are right. On my fresh unused,out of the wrapper disk the FF side was clear but the WS side had some marks/flaws/damage that just shouldn't have been there. Anyway the movie is so small that comprression isn't even used on a movie only back up with Clone DVD.
Off topic but I tried a full clonecd backup but the layer break cause a lock up up on play back. I just can't seem to get succesful DL burns because of the layer break. DL Verbatem disks are non-existent around me. Actually I think it's time for a new burner. I have a Plextor 716 A, but I hate to replace a perfectly functioning piece of equipment.

Off topic but I tried a full clonecd backup but the layer break cause a lock up up on play back.

Since the original disc is single layer, you should not be using a double layer blank disc.

With Clonecd the size of the original disc must equal the size of your blank disc.

Thanks for all the input.

As a strange follow-up, I attempted to back-up the new release of Comedy Central Flavor Flav roast and AnyDvd stopped about half-way through the process. The disc was brand new. It appeared to be going fine until about the 30% complete mark, then the disc just slowed to a crawl and finally stopped. I am going to try another copy later this week.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input.

I tried three different copies from my local Blockbuster and I could not back-up the WS side from any of them. I decided to back up the FS side instead not that this movie is all that important! :bang:

I found the movie quite funny, actually. :)

As a strange follow-up, I attempted to back-up the new release of Comedy Central Flavor Flav roast and AnyDvd stopped about half-way through the process. The disc was brand new. It appeared to be going fine until about the 30% complete mark, then the disc just slowed to a crawl and finally stopped. I am going to try another copy later this week.

I know that you can buy movies at Blockbuster as well as renting them but just keep in mind that we don't advocate the copying of rented DVDs or help people who are doing it. It's part of the forum rules. I'm not accusing you of copying rentals but keep it in mind.

Since the original disc is single layer, you should not be using a double layer blank disc.

With Clonecd the size of the original disc must equal the size of your blank disc.

Many thanks-I'll keep an eye out for that, I assumed the disk was DL and didn't check it out first.

The movie in question is SL and is WS well the one I got.

The movie in question is SL and is WS well the one I got.

Really? I thought they only released one version for R1 and it had FF on one side and WS on the other. It seems like a waste to release multiple releases if they already had a two-sided release. Oh well. Logic and business don't always go together well.

Back