• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Update on BD+ Crack?

Only what was said on doom9 about the code being "mostly done", so if all goes well it will only be weeks not months until it's released.

Only what was said on doom9 about the code being "mostly done", so if all goes well it will only be weeks not months until it's released.

You really can't go off of that statement to say he only has weeks instead of months. In software development, having "mostly done" code does not necessarily mean the code completely works or even mostly works. You may have the basic operational template coded and then you have to fix the bugs. Then you have to test, then you have to fix more bugs, then you have to test, you get the point. Also, despite his coding prowess, i do think that James is actually human, so there's that sleep, eat, and s#$*t thing that we all have to get done sometimes.

So yes, it could be months. Don't worry kiddies. You've survived this long:D

You really can't go off of that statement to say he only has weeks instead of months. In software development, having "mostly done" code does not necessarily mean the code completely works or even mostly works. You may have the basic operational template coded and then you have to fix the bugs. Then you have to test, then you have to fix more bugs, then you have to test, you get the point. Also, despite his coding prowess, i do think that James is actually human, so there's that sleep, eat, and s#$*t thing that we all have to get done sometimes.

So yes, it could be months. Don't worry kiddies. You've survived this long:D

By which time PDVD8 will be out and the whole process may start over again to get it to work with that :(

By which time PDVD8 will be out and the whole process may start over again to get it to work with that :(

What makes you think that? The PowerDVD version is irrelevant on AnyDVD's ability to decrypt BD+ encrypted streams.

I don’t see how a new version of PowerDVD Ultra would be a noteworthy issue in and of itself with respect to BD+.

There are other things Cyberlink may be forced to implement such as:

No functionality of PowerDVD Ultra at all in any way shape or form if any version of AnyDVD_HD is detected.

That could be a bit inconvenient,….

That’s not to say that BD+ isn’t inconvenient as well but I suspect it wont be an inconvenience for much longer or at least one can hope.

I don’t see how a new version of PowerDVD Ultra would be a noteworthy issue in and of itself with respect to BD+.

There are other things Cyberlink may be forced to implement such as:

No functionality of PowerDVD Ultra at all in any way shape or form if any version of AnyDVD_HD is detected.

That could be a bit inconvenient,….

That’s not to say that BD+ isn’t inconvenient as well but I suspect it wont be an inconvenience for much longer or at least one can hope.

But I can't seem to figure out how would PowerDVD know that AnyDVD is running without scanning your PC, which would be considered spyware. Since PowerDVD is mostly used (by "used" I mean "bought") by PC-savvy people, I don't think it would go over well. While it's true that applications such as firewalls and security programs do detect other applications when installing, they usually only warn you of probable incompatibilities, but don't take away features or not let you install (most of them anyway). But more importantly, the other applications are not trying to hide themselves against being detected. I think it'd be pretty easy for AnyDVD to hide itself, if it doesn't already, from apps that aren't supposed to be snooping in your PC (i.e. non-security apps).

That sounds more like the route the opposition would take in this Spy vs. Spy war.

Of course one strategy would be that if you have a good-working version of Pdvd right now, never update or "upgrade" to a "better" version.

Of course one strategy would be that if you have a good-working version of Pdvd right now, never update or "upgrade" to a "better" version.

Yea, cause, updates are NEVER required to play new movies. :rolleyes: :disagree: Ask all of us with profile 1.1 titles how well never updating worked out for us. Some of us are STILL waiting for a version that completely works with the latest titles. God help us when BD Live goes live later this year. Yea, it's a great theory to never update, but, in practice it's unworkable.

What makes you think that? The PowerDVD version is irrelevant on AnyDVD's ability to decrypt BD+ encrypted streams.
JAMES is still with us yahoo,(i was worried that he ran away under the pressure):bowdown:

But I can't seem to figure out how would PowerDVD know that AnyDVD is running without scanning your PC, which would be considered spyware. Since PowerDVD is mostly used (by "used" I mean "bought") by PC-savvy people, I don't think it would go over well. While it's true that applications such as firewalls and security programs do detect other applications when installing, they usually only warn you of probable incompatibilities, but don't take away features or not let you install (most of them anyway). But more importantly, the other applications are not trying to hide themselves against being detected. I think it'd be pretty easy for AnyDVD to hide itself, if it doesn't already, from apps that aren't supposed to be snooping in your PC (i.e. non-security apps).

I wouldn’t put it past them, because we all know how much the powers that be hold our fair rights and privacy in such high regard.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t put it past them, because well all know how much the powers that be hold our fair rights and privacy in such high regard.

Well, my point was that it's presumably easy for AnyDVD to hide from any non-security application. If they make it not to work with AnyDVD running, it would mean that PowerDVD is doing something that only a security app should do, namely scan your registry or disks for stuff that is not theirs. The very people who buy the product (as opposed to just getting it through OEM channels) will be supremely pissed, even more than they are now. Most will take it like a direct, personal attack on their computer.

Well, my point was that it's presumably easy for AnyDVD to hide from any non-security application. If they make it not to work with AnyDVD running, it would mean that PowerDVD is doing something that only a security app should do, namely scan your registry or disks for stuff that is not theirs. The very people who buy the product (as opposed to just getting it through OEM channels) will be supremely pissed, even more than they are now. Most will take it like a direct, personal attack on their computer.

I agree 100%.

Although I don’t really think that they care about whether we are “supremely pissed” or not.

They never have before. Why start now? And to top it off, it looks as though it's possible they're dropping HD DVD support. They've done so in their authoring software but as of yet it is NOT confirmed one way or the other for PowerDVD 8. That's going to make a few people..."less than joyful".

He said approx. the same thing months ago... Maybe a bit more concrete info/update on the situation would be in order???

He said approx. the same thing months ago... Maybe a bit more concrete info/update on the situation would be in order???

It will be done when it's done. :D

I know people want to see it completed as soon as possible but sometimes we have to wait for things.

Remember that no one else has managed to deal with MKBv4 yet and that had to be dealt with before they could begin finding a way to handle BD+.

Back