• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

scramble problem

bgoody

I recently purchased anydvd make back ups of all my dvds however, when I make the copy the movies are scrambled and all of the scenes are jumbled. i have tried them on a few different dvd players, but they only seem to work on my laptop. Not sure if it a problem with the blank media (Memorex dvd+r) or maybe the dvd player. Im using anydvd with dvd shrink 3.2 and nero for burning. any help would be much appreciated, its been all new releases.

Yes Memorex is bad media.

Yep.

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

2. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

3. Try lowering your burn speed a little (if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x or 8x instead of 16x)

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in whatever burning program you're using (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

7. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Insert the problematic backup disc, select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your backup is bad (which is the most likely case), your optical drive may be slowly dying, or your optical drive simply doesn't like the disc (or your choice of blank media)--even if the disc looks fine.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore or MAM-A 8x +R DL, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

still scambling

I went through and tried everything that you said. I tried new disks (Verbatim), tried to get the firmware for my (OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7561A GH09 AUG08,2007) there weren't any available updates. I lowered the burn speed from maximum to 8x which was the only option I had. I checked on the anydvd and it said the booktype was dvdrom. So I am still getting scrambled dvds the movies typically start off with the ending chapter and as you skip through you com to the beginning. Almost like its in reverse order. It is a new laptop and I have been unable to get a good dvd out of it. They will only play on the comp in the proper order. Not sure since it has lightscribe if that has anything to do with it. I am really lost I appreciate the help.

1. a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie disc in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

2.Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk" if you're using Shrink or Nero Recode. Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into either Shrink or Recode. DO not use the original disc as the source; use the rip from Anydvd ripper. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

Thanks for the help not sure exactly what it was but something seemed to work. One more question is how do I fit dvds like goodluck chuck when DVD shrink is showing it is too big even when re-authored and only movie is added. The compression settings are fixed and for some reason I cannot change the settings. Thanks again

Thanks for the help not sure exactly what it was but something seemed to work. One more question is how do I fit dvds like goodluck chuck when DVD shrink is showing it is too big even when re-authored and only movie is added. The compression settings are fixed and for some reason I cannot change the settings. Thanks again

Try clicking on the Analysis button. It may tell you that you don't need to do this but continue with the process anyway. See if that helps.

bgoody in case you not able to get dvdshrink to work then use clonedvd if you have it.

how do I fit dvds like goodluck chuck when DVD shrink is showing it is too big even when re-authored and only movie is added. The compression settings are fixed and for some reason I cannot change the settings. Thanks again
when the dvd has been analysed,click re-author,drag the movie across,then try unchecking unnecessary audio streams and any other unwanted material.

Last edited:
Back