• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MI:3 playback issue

sclaws

MI:3 is the first HD DVD iso I'm unable to play...very odd. I create an iso (tried UltraISO and IMGBurn 2.4.0.0), UDF 2.5, read mode, mounted to Daemontools--all the usual config options that worked before, but I can't get it to play using PDVD Ultra 3730. Not sure if this is an AnyDVD issue but I figured this is a better place to ask vs Cyberlink since they'll bark at trying to play an iso.

What happens is the image tries to play for an instant, then nothing...PDVD exits. I can play the disc fine so I know the media isn't damaged. Cleaned the disc, same results.

Any suggestions? What other info can I offer?

Thx...I'll try that this evening.
Leads me to another idea/feature request regarding film-specific settings for cases like this. I'll start a new post tho :)

Sclaws, I had this exact same problem too. I went back to 3304/3319 and MiIII played fine. As far as I can tell, you not only leave BD+ playback behind when moving to 3370, but this particluar title as well...

Pretty sure this is a cyberlink problem, not a problem with the ISO.

Thx for the response...you may be right. I'm getting the BR of MI:3 to try out and see if it works (I'd rather keep all my softare current if at all possible to *hopefully* avoid conflicts, but of course this isn't always the case).

Thx for the response...you may be right. I'm getting the BR of MI:3 to try out and see if it works (I'd rather keep all my softare current if at all possible to *hopefully* avoid conflicts, but of course this isn't always the case).
Keeping current can just bring more problems :doh:
Had the same problem with MI3 HDDVD and PDVD 3516 - would just exit to desktop right after starting to play. Went back to PDVD 3319 and no problems. Slysoft support just put this down to an incompatibility with PDVD 3516 and AnyDVD due to poor coding in PDVD.

Keeping current can just bring more problems :doh:
Had the same problem with MI3 HDDVD and PDVD 3516 - would just exit to desktop right after starting to play. Went back to PDVD 3319 and no problems. Slysoft support just put this down to an incompatibility with PDVD 3516 and AnyDVD due to poor coding in PDVD.

Yeah, you're right. I stabbed myself in the foot with "keeping current" just last night (upgrading to the 1.87a Realtek HD audio driver was a total mess--fubar'd PDVD and TheaterTek playback for awhile).

This is the first time I've dealt with an HTPC and it certainly is a different beast than just managing a desktop workstation...wife said the same thing to me last night in the middle of my frustration "If it ain't broke..." "I know! I'll learn." ;)

Back