• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I Give Up, Looking For Cheapest Blu-Ray Burner Suggestions Please!

Octavean

I’d basically like it to be able to burn:

BD-R 4x
BD-R DL 4x
BD-RE 2x
BD-RE DL 2x

I can be flexible on the speeds but I want BD DL burning.

I am just getting into the HD stuff myself, but being a Plextor user and never had any problems with hardware before I am going to wait and get one of these for my next PC I am building.

Code:
http://cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=22437

I’d basically like it to be able to burn:

BD-R 4x
BD-R DL 4x
BD-RE 2x
BD-RE DL 2x

I can be flexible on the speeds but I want BD DL burning.

try the LG GGW-H20

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8490661

It can be had on Ebay for around $350 new and does dual-layer BD burning - full specs in a pdf file here...

http://us.lge.com/download/product/file/1000003671/GGW-H20L_spec_sheet22108.pdf

But the write speed specs are as follows:

BD-R 6x Max
BD-R (DL) 4x Max
BD-RE 2x Max
BD-RE (DL) 2x Max
DVD+R 16x Max
DVD+R (DL) 4x Max
DVD+RW 8x Max
DVD-R 16x Max
DVD-R (DL) 4x Max
DVD-RW 6x Max
CD-R 40x Max
CD-RW 24x Max

Hope that helps

Very nice,…

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!! I’m sort of leaning toward the LG GGW-H20 and I was expecting to pay in the ~$400 range although I wanted to go lower then that so ~$350 isn’t too bad.

Does anyone who has this drive know what version of PowerDVD comes with it? I’m sure it’s a truncated OEM version but I was curious as to version number.

Thanks again,…

BTW, any other BD drive suggestions?

Thanks for all the responses so far. The LG GGW-H20L seems to be a very popular hardware solution and reasonably priced based on what some other competing products cost.

Still, I’d like to know what version of PowerDVD this drive currently ships with,….typically. So can anyone who has this drive report on what version came with it? I’m sure the bundled version will likely vary over time but I’m really curious as to whether or not the included version will be problematic.

Also, out of a purely academic interest, does the install of this version of OEM PowerDVD Ultra 7 require that the drive be installed first? In theory, one could run a more recent version of PDVDU7 on one system and an older more user friendly version on another system.

Also do people prefer the other Cyberlink bundled software for burning to other software packages or is it some truncated version? I have Nero 8 Ultra Edition so that’s why I ask.

sorry my last post I mentioned the LG GGC-H20L it just a reader not burner. sorry again everone

Back