• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD can not rip 30 Days of Night or Justice League!

mpgxsvcd

AnyDVDHD can not rip 30 Days of Night or Justice League!

I just got these two Blu-ray discs and neither of them would rip with or without anyDVDHD on. Anyone else have trouble with these discs? AnyDVDHD asked me to upgrade to the latest version. I think I am on the latest version though(Version 6.3.1.5?).

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

2. State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), c) provide version numbers of those programs and d) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

I just ripped 30 Days of Night last night with no problems as far as I can tell. I had tsremux running before I left for work this morning to strip out the extras so I'll check it tonight to see if there's a problem with playback.

Actually AnyDVDHD presents a pop-up message that states that it must be upgraded to load the current Blu-ray disc. I have the latest version so I don’t know what it is trying to upgrade.

Actually AnyDVDHD presents a pop-up message that states that it must be upgraded to load the current Blu-ray disc. I have the latest version so I don’t know what it is trying to upgrade.

It needs to update the keys which are on the server. Those keys will be included in the upcoming version.
However, there are some movies such as "Layer Cake" which Any DVD can't rip because of the MKV v.5 keys....

It needs to update the keys which are on the server. Those keys will be included in the upcoming version.
However, there are some movies such as "Layer Cake" which Any DVD can't rip because of the MKV v.5 keys....
But didn't Layer Cake come out last year or the year before? The US version came out about a year ago and it ripped fine for me, and I didn't think the new keys had been released yet?

But didn't Layer Cake come out last year or the year before? The US version came out about a year ago and it ripped fine for me, and I didn't think the new keys had been released yet?

I think there are two version available here in Germany with two different cover pictures (don't know why they did it).
The one with the whole bunch on the sleeve just came out recently I think.
The other one just has Sienna Miller and Craig on the front.
I think Sony used a newer key for the new version.

Attachments

• DSCN3227.JPG
    DSCN3227.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I just ripped 30 Days of Night last night with no problems as far as I can tell. I had tsremux running before I left for work this morning to strip out the extras so I'll check it tonight to see if there's a problem with playback.
I tried my ripped and stripped version of "30 Days of Night" last night and it played back fine in Nero Showtime.

option unnavailable

You have to purchase AnyDVD to rip HD and Blu Rays now.
You can't just reset the date and use it offline now.

I was using the trial version. I just purchased the full version and everything is working now! Why oh why did I wait until the currency exchange rates were so high! I guess you snooze you loose.

A question needs to be asked

Is this a "trial" installation of AnyDVDHD?

If so, that upgrade/update of the keys is not possible.

The trial versions of AnyDVD are "frozen" with the known lists on the day it's shipped out so anything newer is not in and can not be updated.

Try and buy is good but is not the same as a registered version in this regard.;)

Is this a "trial" installation of AnyDVDHD?

If so, that upgrade/update of the keys is not possible.

The trial versions of AnyDVD are "frozen" with the known lists on the day it's shipped out so anything newer is not in and can not be updated.

Try and buy is good but is not the same as a registered version in this regard.;)

Yep trial version! I bought the real thing though. The exchange rate is ridiculous right now though! It cost me a fortune! Well worth it though. Keep up the good work, and may BD+ die a quick and painful DEATH!

I encountered a similar problem with 30 days. At around the 67%, I can't remember exactly but both tries were at the same point, AnyDVDHD errors out and cannot proceed. It did prompt for an key retrieval in the beginning which was successful.

Ended up using ImgBurn to create .iso from movie disc, mounted with Nero and then ripped to hard drive with AnyDVDHD. A little weird though, I would normally infer that any defect that prevents AnyDVDHD from completing would also be present on the .iso.

Nonsense.

I think there are two version available here in Germany with two different cover pictures (don't know why they did it).
The one with the whole bunch on the sleeve just came out recently I think.
The other one just has Sienna Miller and Craig on the front.
I think Sony used a newer key for the new version.
What makes you think so?

Nonsense.

Sorry James. Just an assumption cause I'm desperate with this one. And nobody was able to help out here yet.
Maybe you can help me out here, please...?

Last edited:
What makes you think so?

Amazon in Germany offers two versions over here.
First

Second
I haven't seen the second one just until recently. I must have come out by the end of last year.
I'm stuck with a black screen and a scratching noise every 10 seconds as soon as Any DVD is involved....

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_31420961_LAYER_CAKE.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back