• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Silk (Knightley)

nascrew

i can not do this with anydvd anyone else have the same problem? if not how did you do it? thank you

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_SILK.zip
    67.9 KB · Views: 5
State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

i was useing anydvd riping it to my hard drive i got this error was about half way done
FileIO 3 vts_01_4.VOB444700 672 497664 was no details just that error

i was useing anydvd riping it to my hard drive i got this error was about half way done
FileIO 3 vts_01_4.VOB444700 672 497664 was no details just that error

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, let us know.

nero cd-dvd speed test

Hi
first i want to thank you for helping me , I'm a older man and trying to learn how to do my movies, i have done lots of them before and i have come across some that i have had to use other programs along with AnyDvd this is the first one that nothing would work so far, so thanks again for your help
the results of the cd-dvd test are Error! L-EC uncorrectable error (031105)
that is all it is telling me. the green bar at the bottom of the chart went up to the 5.0 mark a little over half way then stopped and gave me that error... thanks again!

Typically the error messages that you're getting indicate a bad original disc (even if the movie plays fine) or a slowly dying drive that is having problems reading. However, this disc does have structural protection on it. And this is a New Line release. So, while it is possible that Anydvd isn't handling this disc properly, it's also possible that you have a bad original disc.

Consequently, I'm waiting for some people I trust to tell me whether Anydvd can't handle this disc properly. It may take a couple of days before I receive decent, trustworthy feedback.

Last edited:
more about test

when i did the Nero cd-dvd test speed i had the movie that wont rip in ,hope that is what i was saposed to do..

when i did the Nero cd-dvd test speed i had the movie that wont rip in ,hope that is what i was saposed to do..

Yes. Typically that test will indicate whether you have a bad original disc, but again, this disc does contain structural protection (if Nero cd-dvd speed shows read errors, then typically that means you had a bad original disc even if it plays fine), so I'm not positive whether the problem in this case is that you have a bad original disc or whether Anydvd isn't handling this disc properly.

thank you

tomorrow im going to take this one back and get another copy and try it , i will let you know what i find out, thanks for your help!

tomorrow im going to take this one back and get another copy and try it , i will let you know what i find out, thanks for your help!

For this disc you should use Anydvd ripper or Clonedvd 2.9.1.5.

Anydvd does handle this disc fine, but you have to right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want.

If you were doing that previously, then you do have a bad original disc that needs to be exchanged or your drive is slowly dying (or is possibly a bad reader). About halfway on the disc would be close to the layer break position . . .

Last edited:
For this disc you must use Anydvd ripper or Clonedvd 2.9.1.5.

Hi Webslinger. Yes, I'm doing my Silk now. CloneDVD Version 2.9.1.2 produced an error, (early in the rip, on the first titleset), prompting me to update to 2.9.1.5. I am splitting the disk into Chapers 1-9 then 10-17. Disk one has ripped completely and is now burning. Will report back after completion of Disk two and a test of the split, chapter order etc.

AnyDVD "Info" reported plenty of invalid VOB and other structural protections etc. ... And I am splitting with CloneDVD because CloneCD produced an unplayable (three DVD players rejected the backup and kicked the tray open) DL Verb twice tried. This simply does not happen to me with my well proven rig, so I'm all but sure that it is a structural protection issue that may require SS's attention.

Also, AnyDVD ripper produces an image of a size different from the original's Windows Explorer readout.

And as a last note, if you put your original of Silk into your ripper drive, and open it with Windows Explorer, you will note that the Drive/Disk reads 7.63 GB but the actual TS folder reads 12.3 GB. ... just a bit to big for a DVD to be !

So have no doubt, this is a tough disk and of SS's three main DVD products, only CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 along with AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 (background only i.e. not "rip to HDD") will work as of this posting.

Best regards,
Whisperer

Last edited:
Disk one has ripped completely and is now burning. Will report back after completion of Disk two and a test of the split, chapter order etc.

Hi,

I haven't seen you on in awhile. Welcome back

I've had a Slysoft beta tester tell me Silk works fine with Anydvd ripper, and since Anydvd ripper output is the same as a Clonedvd full disc rip, then both Anydvd ripper and Clonedvd handle this disc fine.

AnyDVD "Info" reported plenty of invalid VOB and other structural protections etc

Yeah, well this disc is a New Line release. They've, in the past, put nasty stuff on their discs. And that's clearly evident from the Anydvd log file that was posted.

And I am splitting with CloneDVD because CloneCD produced an unplayable (three DVD players rejected the backup and kicked the tray open) DL Verb twice tried.

You don't have "remove annoying adverts and trailers" enabled in Anydvd, right?

That's the first I've heard of something like that happening. Typically if Anydvd isn't working for Clonecd properly, then Clonecd will report tons of read issues in the Clonecd log.

What version of Clonecd are you using? And did you try playing your backup on your computer?

Are you using a 2.4x write speed?

Also, AnyDVD ripper produces an image of a size different from the original's Windows Explorer readout.And as a last note, if you put your original of Silk into your ripper drive, and open it with Windows Explorer, you will note that the Drive/Disk reads 7.63 GB but the actual TS folder reads 12.3 GB. ... just a bit to big for a DVD to be !

Yes, that's to be expected. What Windows Explorer is reporting is wrong due to the protection being used on the disc. What Anydvd ripper produces is right.

So have no doubt, this is a tough disk and of SS's three main DVD products, only CloneDVD 2.9.1.5 along with AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 (background only i.e. not "rip to HDD") will work as of this posting.

Anydvd ripper from 6.3.1.5 works perfectly fine on this disc as well.

Last edited:
Will answer questions and test further this evening ... gotta go to work now.

Whisperer

Will answer questions and test further this evening ... gotta go to work now.

Whisperer

O.k., take care

I would create an .image using Clonecd and mount it. If the .image plays fine on your computer, then I think the problem lies elsewhere.

Edit: Actually, someone I spoke with did use Clonecd, mounted the image, and the image does play fine on his computer. Also he burned to DL blank media, and his backup plays fine, so it seems to me that Clonecd handles Silk fine as well.

Last edited:
got it to work

Hi Webslinger
thank you a lot! your a kind person and a lot of help, i took the dvd back to where i bought it from and exchanged it for another one then i riped it to the hard drive and then bunt it without any problem , i sure will remember Slysoft when i need anything they have to offer. have a great day!!

Hi Webslinger
thank you a lot! your a kind person and a lot of help, i took the dvd back to where i bought it from and exchanged it for another one then i riped it to the hard drive and then bunt it without any problem , i sure will remember Slysoft when i need anything they have to offer. have a great day!!

You're very welcome! Take care :clap:

Back