• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.0 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
It is available here:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVDhd6120.zip

zip password is "takeyourtime" (without the quotes).

You have to reboot after the installation.

This version fixes a bug which prevents OpenSeason R2 (UK & Netherlands) to rip correctly. As always, there are many other small fixes and improvements.
Additionally, it supports decrypting and "on the fly remastering" of HD DVD discs:

6.1.2.0 2007 02 12
- New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
- New: Added HD DVD and AACS support.
(Registered users need an upgrade key, currently only available to
registered beta testers)
- Fix: Problem with multi-angle titles and Sony Arccos protection
- Some minor fixes and improvements

If you want to test HD DVD decryption but you have bought AnyDVD (not running in demo mode) you have to remove your AnyDVD license key (easiest way to do so is to rename the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SlysSoft\AnyDVD\Key to something else using regedit).

If you don't have a HD DVD drive you don't need to bother, of course.

James, does this mean that AnyDVD and AnyDVDHD will be one and the same?
edit: No, on second thought, probably not if you must remove the license key.

Last edited:
James, does this mean that AnyDVD and AnyDVDHD will be one and the same?
edit: No, on second thought, probably not if you must remove the license key.

They are one in the same. The license you have determines if the HD part of AnyDVD is enabled or not. But it is one product.

When it is released can I upgrade even though I don't have a HD drive yet and still be able to use the regular DVD part?

When it is released can I upgrade even though I don't have a HD drive yet and still be able to use the regular DVD part?
Yes, of course! You current license runs it in AnyDVD "classic" (<-stupid name) mode.
It is just one binary to keep my work more efficient (only one product to maintain)

Yes, of course! You current license runs it in AnyDVD "classic" (<-stupid name) mode.
It is just one binary to keep my work more efficient (only one product to maintain)

Sorry I meant when I upgrade the purchase for the HD part can I still just use the classic mode only with the new key that would be sent. So stupid me for not elaborating on this:doh:

Sorry I meant when I upgrade the purchase for the HD part can I still just use the classic mode only with the new key that would be sent. So stupid me for not elaborating on this:doh:
I see. Yes, of course you can. It would be incredibly lame otherwise, wouldn't it?

I think James' is saying there will be 2 keys for one product, each enabling different functions.

I think James' is saying there will be 2 keys for one product, each enabling different functions.
Yes, but the "HD" key includes the "classic" functions, of course.
In other words: If you buy "HD", you will always get normal "DVD" decryption, too, if you like it or not. ;)

Thanks for the replies sockeye and James. Now waiting for the release and will upgrade as soon as there is a announcment release for this.

They are one in the same. The license you have determines if the HD part of AnyDVD is enabled or not. But it is one product.

When can I buy a license key that will enable AnyDVD to work like it did with Shrink 3 weeks ago?? :D :D :D

-W (runs like hell)

Pardon my ignorance

but does this mean that different upgrades will be available in the future---or will one cover it with just part being activated if you don't have the HD key? If it's separate, will we only get notifications of upgrades for the version we have the key for?

but does this mean that different upgrades will be available in the future---or will one cover it with just part being activated if you don't have the HD key? If it's separate, will we only get notifications of upgrades for the version we have the key for?

From what I undestand is that the current key will allow you to use anydvd hd just like you are now without the ability to use the HD part, Buy the upgrade key and then you can do DVD's like you are now and if and when you get a reader or a burner for HD then you can use it if you choose as well, No new kew = can't use anydvd HD. I hope this clarifies it for you.

When can I buy a license key that will enable AnyDVD to work like it did with Shrink 3 weeks ago?? :D :D :D

-W (runs like hell)

SIGH. :) I wish 1 of two things would happen...either the studios drop this senseless crap from their discs(best case) or DVD Shrink would get updated to handle the screwy DVD structures that are caused by these idiot(and useless) protections. Neither thing seems likely so we have the mess we're in now. James tried to implement my idea and it failed miserably(I hate when that happens). The only other way to fix it, unfortunately, is to rewrite the AnyDVD ripper. That's a significant amount of work and I'm not sure how much time James has for that. However, if you're adventurous, I have a *POSSIBLE* solution for you. Take one of the titles you're having trouble with, and "rip it" with VobBlanker. Added benefit of doing this, of course, is if you wish, you can also blank titlesets and even embedded titlesets using this method. Once you've sent it through VobBlanker try opening it with DVD Shrink and see if that works. This is NOT my idea so I will definitely not take credit for it. However, it seemed to work for someone on the CDFreaks forum.

God no. It's ONE program so when either functionality is updated, everyone will get an update notification regardless of whether they own that functionality or not. For instance, if the HD part of AnyDVD is updated, all the AnyDVD "classic" users will have to update, as well, as it's literally the same program. This makes it easier on Slysoft to maintain the program.

God no. It's ONE program so when either functionality is updated, everyone will get an update notification regardless of whether they own that functionality or not. For instance, if the HD part of AnyDVD is updated, all the AnyDVD "classic" users will have to update, as well, as it's literally the same program. This makes it easier on Slysoft to maintain the program.

I agree that the program will update as a whole. But since Slysoft has the mailing list broken down by key type - classic owners would not *need* to get the HD emails.

-W

-W (runs like hell)
It is available at our website. Costs USD 39,- and is called CloneDVD2.

It is available at our website. Costs USD 39,- and is called CloneDVD2.

True on that, why update anydvd to do what clonedvd2 does just for dvd shrink users? Not trying to cause a debate or anything but James is trying real hard to keep the anydvd exe as it is now and not add bytes to it causing it to be a bigger file to download.

Back